Yup, another foam build...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foam builds should never be titled "Another Foam build" They are the new standard and are here to stay.
I never get tired of seeing them at all

Great work again man!

What is your helmet mad out of and do you have any pogress pictures and tips on how you built the suit? It looks like the attachments are foam but the helmet itself isn't.

Great looking suit!

Oh and did you get a picture of that Galvatron?

What is your helmet mad out of and do you have any pogress pictures and tips on how you built the suit? It looks like the attachments are foam but the helmet itself isn't.

Great looking suit!

Oh and did you get a picture of that Galvatron?

My helmet is made of out bondo, just like everyone's elses helmet, tips/tricks should be easy to find. My helmet attachments are made out of foam, the 'battle cam' on the side is actually just a push button flash light with a foam frame around it to make it look fancy. Both are attached with velcro in case I want to take them off and just have the normal N6 helmet. I don't have any 'real' progress pictures of the rest of the suit, however if you take a look at Nick Nack Patty Wack's foam build thread, thats actually where I got some of my ideas, a lot of the credit goes toward him, he's not even done with his yet and it looks epic, can't wait to see.

I did get more pictures of Galvatron ( in the carter suit), PM me if you want more.

That's what we were going for XD, but kinda ran short on Spartans!

Yeah, I could tell you had the rough idea. I think you could get away with 3 guys doing it, but you need a longer flagpole. I'd join up in a flash to set up this picture, but you're a bit of a long drive from the east coast of Canada :)

That photo was awesome I'm going to double my efforts to make it to comic con even if i don't have a ticket just so we can try this photo again

So after playing Reach again yesterday, I unlocked a giant armor plate for your shoulders, forget the "name" it's given, but I really liked it, so as a last minute effort before comicon I decided to build one out of the last bits of foam I had lying around. Like my other shoulder pieces its attached by velcro to my bicep base armor, so I can attach/remove at will if I want a different look, hope you guys like;

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Some photos from ComicCon 2011. You can find more of the meetup at the 405th California group facebook page :)

IMG_4592.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

Update!

Hey guys, been a while since I updated, much less did anything with my armor. Since school was out for winter I had to time to make/improve some extra stuff for my armor. One was which was the breacher collar/security chest. I really liked both of them so I decided to just combine them both since they are relatively easy to make.

breacher chest
photo-2.jpg

security chest
photo-1-1.jpg

First started off with paper templet
IMG_0658.jpg

Then after some cutting and glue, coated foam in Plasti-dip (thanks nick nack for the tip of plastidip!)
IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

Then after paint and detail, the final product:
IMG_0662.jpg

I may or may not be going to Wonder-Con to check it out since its down in anaheim this year, since it's usually up in SF I think it might be a unique opportunity and another reason to use my armor. If any of you guys are going, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back