"Flex Seal" on my armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my two cents: They have SOMEHOW smoothed it if you look at the shot with the flower pot, whether it dried that way or they sanded it they smoothed it out on the commercial. (0:29) What I'm wondering is how far will a can go? It'd be great if I got decent use out of it but it'd be a shame to buy two cans for $20 and not get most if not all of your armor sealed.

Well id like to see how it might affect a Cardstock/Pepekura Build, anyone who has experiance are plan to test it please bring back your findings!

If it works for paintball/airsoft, or even works in general this could drastically speed up build times and allow us to showcase our work on the battlefield! WE NEED TESTS NAOW!!!!

Wow. That stuff sure does look pretty neat, but for that price, I had BETTER be able to cover at least one entire suit with it. :p

Also, seeing that made me think of the stuff they sell for cars. Can't remember the price per can, but it was used to spray a protection layer for the bed of a truck. At least that is what I am familiar with it being used for. How would that fare up to being sprayed on the EVA foam?

Looks like we really need to see this flex seal stuff tested. Find out if it's sandable and if it is, how easy it is to sand and then of course do some stress tests with it, but judging from the video, bending it seems to be okay. Although, we would have to see how it reacts when bending after applied to the foam. I wonder if the stuff can be found at any store though? I've seen plenty of "As advertised on TV" items being sold in some stores.

EDIT: I just looked into the reviews and that about this stuff and from what I am gathering from nearly ALL the reviews..............DO NOT BUY THIS STUFF!!!! Apparently they charge $20 or more for the shippin gon the 2 cans. You are MUCH better off going to a hardware store or auto store and getting something similar since liquid rubber stuff has been around for some time so this flex seal isn't something new and revolutionary!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. That stuff sure does look pretty neat, but for that price, I had BETTER be able to cover at least one entire suit with it. :p

Also, seeing that made me think of the stuff they sell for cars. Can't remember the price per can, but it was used to spray a protection layer for the bed of a truck. At least that is what I am familiar with it being used for. How would that fare up to being sprayed on the EVA foam?

Looks like we really need to see this flex seal stuff tested. Find out if it's sandable and if it is, how easy it is to sand and then of course do some stress tests with it, but judging from the video, bending it seems to be okay. Although, we would have to see how it reacts when bending after applied to the foam. I wonder if the stuff can be found at any store though? I've seen plenty of "As advertised on TV" items being sold in some stores.

EDIT: I just looked into the reviews and that about this stuff and from what I am gathering from nearly ALL the reviews..............DO NOT BUY THIS STUFF!!!! Apparently they charge $20 or more for the shippin gon the 2 cans. You are MUCH better off going to a hardware store or auto store and getting something similar since liquid rubber stuff has been around for some time so this flex seal isn't something new and revolutionary!

Ive also read quite a few reviews that smiled at the use of the stuff, I dont think it should be applied to foam though as it doesnt look like its meant for Porous materials, from the way it was applied in the advertisement, it was used on Ceramic and Metal, rather anything that isnt porous.

I guess the thing is here that we shouldnt knock it till we try it, even though it might not be a "new" technology it may have been improved in its ingredients or design and application through this Flex Seal stuff. Until I hear a review from one of our members though I wont be satisfied with us thinking that its bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new here, but found this stuff "flex seal" at Wal Mart for WAAAAY cheaper than they advertised on that website. Just thought I would share...haven't tried it yet but I think I will get it for the Space suit build I'm working on. Anyone try paint on Plasti dip? I know its off topic but I was wondering if it is as good as the spray kind...thanks all! YOu guys make some awesome stuff!

don't be fooled by the Flex Seal commercials...they were not the first to make rubber in a can.

at a place like Autozone, Advance Autoparts, or maybe even ACE Hardware, there is this stuff made by Rustoleum called Rubberized Undercoating...it is essentially Flex Seal (before Flex Seal was advertised of course) and it is about $8 a can instead of $19.95 +p&h

this is the stuff that misfitjh was explaining

Plasti-Dip in an aerosol can is still cheaper than the Rustoleum stuff by about $2. Still haven't seen anything cheaper as far as rattle cans go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back