Odst build [WIP] Pic heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have to do something different for the torso base since I don't think there are any pep files for it now. It's the same torso base as any other trooper in the game and you may be able to make it out of foam easily enough.
Yeah, I may have to start modeling the pices i need myself:p I will release them to you guys too:)
nice bro im likeing what u r doing i hope to see the finished product
DUDE!! That helmet is gunna be REDIC!!!!! thats a SWEET lookin helmet Brah!
Thank you:D

Btw guys, I'm kinda worried about the mold:p Last time I used the material(Wetroom membrane), it stuck to the helmet and would't come off. This time I covered the helmet in vaseline first(I did a mini test on one of my old helmets, and it worked:D). Since I live in Norway, shipping "good" molding materials here costs 3 times the original amout of the productXD

I'm making the mold really thick so I don't have to worry about it ripping when I demold it:p

Thanks for your time!

Oh and btw, pics will go up tomorrow:p SorryXD

Hi guys. Sorry my internett have been down for 2 days:p Ill post pictures of the mold once I may have it finished tomorrow:) Stay tuned:D

The helmet is looking good!..have you chosen a colour scheme??... What type of liquid are you using for the molding? I'd would probably be wise to invest in a releasing agent

The helmet is looking good!..have you chosen a colour scheme??... What type of liquid are you using for the molding? I'd would probably be wise to invest in a releasing agent
Thanks:) I used a material called "Wetroom Membrane" which is used to make the floor on your bathroom waterproof. I polished the helmet with vaseline as a releasing agent:) Works fine^^

Mold pictures:D!

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

I'm going to start making the mother mold in a couple of hours since the Wetroom Membrane is not completely dry yet:p

Stay tuned:D

WOW the helmet looks awesome mna, keep up the fantastic work and it will turn out great, good luck man =D

That's it foks. I'm done. I can't take this **** anymore. My 10th attemt to make this odst helmet ended up in disaster... The helmet is broken to pieces(fucked up beyond repair), mold is ripped and broken, I failed to make a mother mold. It's been a good 2 and 1/2 years...

Can a moderator/admin deactivate my account please?

Whoa, dude, I'm sorry to hear about this. You sure you want to throw it all away, though? It'd be a huge bummer to see another great member go due to frustrations.

Whoa, dude, I'm sorry to hear about this. You sure you want to throw it all away, though? It'd be a huge bummer to see another great member go due to frustrations.
Sorry. I have calmed A little more down now. I'm just sick that I have attemted this helmet 6 times now. I have spent 2 hours now salvaging the helmet I showed in this tread.

Here is some pictures of all my attemts:

odst15.jpg

Odst10.jpg

1. Warped during Rondo

2. Gave up sanding all the Bondo(spent about 7 hours on just sanding)

3. Stuck inside mothermold

4. Hot clay + hot glue = BAD!

5. Not finished.

6. Broke during demolding

I have spent 2 hours fixing the Odst helmet 6 today. It is mostly fine. All the foamies are still stuck in the mold. So I have to remake those.

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

Odst helmet 5 is perfectly okay and no errors with. I may just finish smoothing it and sell it as a base for someone on here to finish. Ill use the money i get to save up for shipping some rebound 25 to norway( 60$ for two trial kits, 107$ for shipping them to Norway)

Here are some closeups

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

I will try my best not to get as frustrated as I got today. I was 5 seconds away from smashing my odst helmet with a wood axe:S

Attachments

• IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 163
lol. thats not as bad as what i did to one of mine. lets just say i had my lovely wife throw it in the air and i shot it with some lovely buckshot. XD

I hope you have some fun smashing all helmets you made. I know I did. I have made 5 failed attempt and always got stuck with bondo detailing stage.

I have personnaly destroyed 3 helmets, an entire odst suit worth of resined peps, the entirety of my Carter build (except the helmet) which included 3 torso builds, 3 or 4 weapons (I can't remember) and portions of the leg armor for the Mk VI build I am working on now. And all that was on purpose after I realized that I had screwed them up, and I'm still going. I think that destroying the old projects helped to get them out of my mind and move on. I don't have my past failures laying around to demotivate me. Maybe that's all you need, some good old therapeutic destruction.

what happend with number 4?
i also have some old crappy pieces, i'm trying to sell them, but if nobody wants it, i'm going to throw a grenade to it:p

Jico, stop right there,
try ordering rebound 25 here;
formfx (click me!)
it's located in the NEtherlands, may not be as expensive to ship

Nice Helmet, Jico. On the second picture of the thread, what was the white substance applied inside your helmet? Did you use this substance to strengthen it? Does the substance hold just as compared to Rondo or Smooth-Cast 320? Do you mind telling me the mixture, I'm going to be strengthening my ODST Helmet in 1 week. Can't wait to see the progression!

Jico, stop right there,
try ordering rebound 25 here;
formfx (click me!)
it's located in the NEtherlands, may not be as expensive to ship
Thanks!:D Ill look into it:)
Nice Helmet, Jico. On the second picture of the thread, what was the white substance applied inside your helmet? Did you use this substance to strengthen it? Does the substance hold just as compared to Rondo or Smooth-Cast 320? Do you mind telling me the mixture, I'm going to be strengthening my ODST Helmet in 1 week. Can't wait to see the progression!
Thanks. I strenghted the helmet with Polyurethane plastic(similar to smooth-cast 300 series). It was incredebily easy to use:) Cost me about 90$ total to get it here though:p

If you decide to use Polyurethane, make sure to first mix a tiney bit and apply on the top of the outside of the helmet. When that's dry you can mix up some more and pour it inside and slush cast the top of the pepakura helmet. Since you applyed the first coat on the top, it can now rest upside down with no warpage while the rest cure:)

As explained here:

JicosStebByStepOnStrenghteningPepakuraHelmets.png

Thanks for your time:D!

All I can say is that I'm rootin for you man. I'm going to be attempting and ODST build soon in the future so I'm learning through your thread. Good luck with the rest! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back