Cole protocol cover build/ Grey team Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosh

The title says it all:
CP_armor.png

That's what I'm going for- obviously i have a little bit of wiggle room on a lot of aspects of the armor. So, who's ready for wild speculation and a great deal of artistic license? Here we go!

First step is the chest- although in the book, Grey team are described as wearing mark 4 armor, the chest on the cover seems to resemble the mark 5 pretty closely- at least from the front.

2011-06-24_00-17-44_354.jpg

2011-06-24_00-17-53_511.jpg

Built from floor mats, using L3X's foam template- next step, plasti-dip!

edit: just noticed the crap quality of a couple of those pics... i'll do better next time.

2011-06-27_20-58-02_429.jpg

Now when I originally started this, I decided grey wouldn't show the detail I wanted so I went blue...

2011-06-29_13-28-27_386.jpg

However, I may have overdone the battle damage/ resist layer on the backplate-

2011-06-29_13-30-25_843.jpg

Although I liked that color of blue, it's a little too flashy for my personality. Also, not at all in keeping with my original Grey team idea. So then this happened.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

I don't have the funds for LEDs yet, but they are in the plans. Next step... knives!

I'm still being constantly amazed with the outcomes of foam builds. When a bit more flush for cash, I may have to start looking into using it myself. Amazing work so far, and keep it up!

Do you have a link to Lex's file. I am wanting to redo my chest piece in foam and have been looking for a good file to use.

You have done an excellent job on the torso Rosh. I think the last color was definitely the right choice. Nice job on toning down the battle damage on the back too. Keep those updates coming!

Thanks for the kind words guys, very motivating to have people cheer you on.
That is in fact the multi threat chest attachment, I dont have that one in game so I wasn't sure. Also, nice thought on the arms being spi, I hadn't thought of that. However, I don't believe that is the mark 5 b helmet. It shares some similarities to be sure, but lacks the same profile. Ill just have to cross that bridge when I get there I guess. If worse comes to worse ill sculpt the helm.

To me, the helmet looks more like a MK VI, but heavily modified.

This is looking great so far Rosh. I can't wait to see the finished armor! I remember reading this book and finding myself contemplating building the armor as well.

I love the new color scheme.
Jesus is right next to me and he says, "Sexy." lol

PS: I think we still have a ton of fiberglass over here. Is that yours? o_O There's a huge roll of it in a giant black plastic bag...

Nice torso! With the colour-scheme, you could also couldve made a solid blue stripe along the front and back, and keep the rest grey.

i have that book. thats jai, leader of gray team. spartans obviouslly. theres also mike, a big cocky guy, and adrianna, one of the fastest spartans out there

The toned-down color and reduced battle damage are great choices. If you want to bring out details (including on the black pieces) without doing battle damage on every seam, you can dry brush the edges and raised details with a slightly lighter version of the base color. Likewise, you can airbrush shadowing into the recesses. Both will give your finish more depth as well as give the armor a worn in appearance. Great build and just a little different than most--I like it.

Redshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back