Halo Reach Caboose Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Caboose

Alright, I am really new to this pepekura stuff, I remember seeing this stuff years ago, but I was younger and quickly discouraged, but now that I'm older I am more enthusastic about it this time around, but still borderline discouraging when I see some of the pieces I'm going to have to make.

This is my first attempt, Halo Reach Shin, I found the file in the Halo Reach Offical Pepekura thread along with all my other files. IT came out pretty good, except the back was a bit uneven, but for a beginner I think it's just fine.

262740_200252856692999_100001248597537_624969_7341035_n.jpg

Now I didn't want to get bored doing this, so I decided I would switch up the parts of my armor. The Right Thigh was up next, I am almost done with it in this picture. Just haven't finished the smaller pieces, but I'm done with it now.

261233_200253543359597_100001248597537_624973_4091471_n.jpg

This is my workspace, in the living room/ dining room table/ kitchen, in the left hand corner, very left hand upper corner you'll notice my first attempt at pepekura, it was a halo 3 spartan shoe that was really off size! That really discouraged me so the shoes and helmet will be the last items on my list, :)

260509_200253446692940_100001248597537_624972_6465457_n.jpg

I hope these are good, I hope to have this finished before the Halo Anniversary, because I want to wear it to the midnight release, and Halo Combat Evolved also had a hand in RedvsBlue's birth, I want to be Caboose! I also hope I didn't do anything wrong posting this, I read most of the rules, and most of the stickes, but there was a lot of stuff and sort of was overwhelming, so I sorted of skimmed over the less important stuff.

For you're first pep, you're doing great. The little bit of warping can be worked out in the bondo stage. As for you're post it's great as well. It tells us you're intent as well as showing us you're work. Now for the sticky's, Yes that allot of reading and videos to go thru but they will help in the long run. You'll find you're self going thru them again and again. build on and keep us posted.

It's looking great so far :D
Just remember to keep your spirit up so you don't give up on it.
Don't worry too much about the uneven parts. As long as it's not too warped it can always be fixed later. :)

Looking through other member's builds and seeing how awesome they come out to be is a great motivator, if you start to feel a little discouraged about pep work. That's what I do. Good luck to you and your build!

Alright well I redid one thigh soo far, and its looking good.

269974_206229259428692_100001248597537_647114_4961896_n.jpg

Both shins are done and are good too.

268121_206229589428659_100001248597537_647116_1096656_n.jpg

Also my bungie shirt came in the mail today, I am soo happy :3
282734_206231579428460_100001248597537_647117_1671770_n.jpg

Looking great for your first pep, I think!
I'm hoping to make a suit for the Halo Anniversary too.
Or at least by next year. Heh.

Good luck on the rest of your build!~
Awesome shirt, by the way. :33

nice man, good pep work. i had the same workstation lol. Right on the kitchen table haha. I think i may have ateone of my pep pieces, thought it was a chiclet ;) keep up the good work.

Haven't given up yet, I've been trying to do as much as possible as quick as possible. Have these done, so that's a start.

315757_252558721462412_100001248597537_802111_976001856_n.jpg

Now I have another problem, I built the cod/belt piece and it came out good, the sad thing is, I built it too small. I know miscalculations happen all the time and stuff, measure twice, cut once blah blah blah. I sort of want to fix my mistakes a second time and not a third since my dead line is coming up soon. I can post pictures of the cod piece, but pretty much its pretty tight, like, it chaffs, the measurement in milimeters I think it is, is 356, and I'm not sure how many more inches I should add to give me a loose fit for the aqua resin and maybe some padding or whatever. I thought maybe another two or three inches, because if its already sort of snug, I only need some more space to add in the other stuff. Though I pray to thy elders to guide me through this with their skills from before my time, lol.

I wouldn't worry to much about the cod piece if its a little tight when you put it on, once your done hardening it you need to split it apart and attach it to a belt of some sort that way you can adjust it to be tight or loose one you, when I built my cod piece I couldnt get it on me at all but once i cut it into 2 pieces and attached to a web belt it fit fine, hope this gives you an Idea how you can fix it without rebuilding it, good luck

I wouldn't worry to much about the cod piece if its a little tight when you put it on, once your done hardening it you need to split it apart and attach it to a belt of some sort that way you can adjust it to be tight or loose one you, when I built my cod piece I couldnt get it on me at all but once i cut it into 2 pieces and attached to a web belt it fit fine, hope this gives you an Idea how you can fix it without rebuilding it, good luck

That sounds like a great idea! If you could show me some pictures of how it turned out that would be great!

Well I took some pictures of the belt, in truth I think it might be sort of small in size compared to what I've seen around. Another problem I had was the thigh piece is sort of snug a little. Not too badly, but I'm afraid once I'm fully done with it, it won't be big enough. It may be just me, because when I look in the the mirror everything just seems to small and I feel it needs to cover a bigger area of my body. Though for fact, the calves, handplates, and gauntlets seem fine to me, just the belt and thigh get me worried.
1zfrjar.jpg

Here's a look from the side now, it just feels open to me, but I'm a noob and this is my first time doing something like this. Just tell me what I should do next, because my deadline is november 15, 12 AM. I am spending all my time on this stuff to get er done!!! lol.
29wwokm.jpg

thighs came out good, but its hard to tell from the picture. I plan to redo the calves, but I debating whether there's another way for me to extend the chest without me having to redo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back