Reach game models![pic heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh? they dont look different. and anyways, like somebody is gonna come up to you at comiccon and say, "your helmet is slightly off coz i did complex calculations and pic references in my head in the past 30 secs." sorry to kinda stomp your parade jtm1997 but that pink helmet looks like its beta. that or glitched. the helmet looks perfectly fine. other pep files ive seen have the helmet and it looks highly distorted. in fact i have like a million versions of this helm and this is the most acurate yet. its not ld or hd. its md. no but really that pink helm looks like its come from the multiplayer beta.

Seeing how how the model is smooth, why not add in the details to the model? You can basically work off of the texture.

I've considered this also but think the only details not in the models are ones that are small enough that they'd be easier to achieve after pepakura (with foamies, cutting in with a rotary-tool, etc.).

...I have a feeling the aerial assault helmet is not the one from in game.

In addition to the air-assault being slightly off the Mark V[A] looks like a mix of the Halo 3 version and the Reach version. Also, the Mark V has a visor add-on which (to my knowledge) isn't in the game, or have I missed unlocking something? I figured it was an earlier permutation...in any case I've been considering this helmet for a while, I'm currently building off of rundown's awesome model, and this new model is, well, nice. If the Mark V helmet is from the beta would that make it a Mark V[B]?

huh? they dont look different. and anyways, like somebody is gonna come up to you at comiccon and say, "your helmet is slightly off coz i did complex calculations and pic references in my head in the past 30 secs."

That would be funny (sounds like something C3PO might bring up in conversation). I don't think that's what anyone was trying to convey.

its not ld or hd. its md.

This is pretty accurate. I would, and do, think that the game models would strike a pretty good balance between including major details in the structure and leaving out minor details in lieu of textured surfaces (those minor details wind up being small enough that'd they be difficult to assemble in pepakura).

That's just my input. I want to thank Jico again for sharing his find with the community and working with the textures on the models. Is there anything cool in those MAX or FBX files? I don't have Autodesk software, is there an easy way to import these to Blender?

thats all i pretty much was tryin to say. but anyways. got a bit of an update for the helmets testbuild (thats what im callin it)
what is called the front in the pepfile is completed. im working on the sides now. i ll add pics in the morn. also the helm is blank for the reason being that i had very low ink and it printed a red tinted white and black helm. even the black is tinted so i cannceled the print and made it blank. im so excited to be making what im pretty sure is the first version of this helmet. i ll be making a first! at least i hope.

Also, the Mark V(b) has a visor add-on which (to my knowledge) isn't in the game, or have I missed unlocking something?
It's acutally in the game. It goes with the thing that goes on top of the helmet.

about the helmet, its the front reference thats way off.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101019204913/halo/images/8/8f/AirAssault-Base.png

thats what Im talking about the side vents are completely vertical, not skewed outwards. It looks like the model made by SJSUSPARTAN.
I think it is. The modders must have just copied and pasted the helmets since I found that the only game helmet they have is the Mark V B:p They are trying to decompile the other ones.

Btw, Is any of the armor unfolds ready? I dieing to make the reach chest:p

well Im currently unfolding the cod piece to my size. I wont be doing the torso until I have modeled some minor details, like the back vents on it.

is it me or is there something wrong with the female model? It could be my program but when I was separating the groin piece from the body and notice thats its really skewed.

could anyone maybe get a hold of some weapons like the dmr?

p.s I've been up all night trying to unfold this thing.

p.ss its hard!

i have been waiting for game models but now i have to restart my suit.
The models that have be put up by the generous modelers here have alot more detail than the game models.

If you build the entire set from game models, you'll have to put in ALOT more work in adding detail.

The models that have be put up by the generous modelers here have alot more detail than the game models.

If you build the entire set from game models, you'll have to put in ALOT more work in adding detail.

I know I like detailing, And this has perfect scale to all the peices so it won't look uneven in places.
Oh and thank you to all modelers who work hard to make other files.
I didnt mean to say the other files aren't great. and they all are great.
but this thread made me change my mind about the files i'll be useing.
Trust me I wasn't very far into it anyway.

sweet! you gonna unfold the chest next. think ill test build all the armour ripped for this thread. it would make a sweet suit.
oh and kollinrulz, ive got like 3 dmrs one of which is a sliced. they all differ in size and shape and detail. ill pm you them. also ive got the pep shotgun, magnum and ar, if you are intrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back