Tombskull's HD Mark VI MJOLNIR Build - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tombskull

Jr Member
I told myself I wouldn't post a WIP thread until I had at least 50 posts under my belt and a week's worth of reading everyone else's builds along with the stickies. Well guess what? Post 51, and I'm ready to go!

I'm currently working on a Mark VI chief suit, and doing a decent job at that. It's my first build, so I'm hoping it will come out wonderfully. Longshot-X is definitely a thread I visit quite often for inspiration and motivation. I don't have much done yet. Not sure about you guys, but I'm a slow pep'er; takes about a day to do each piece, but that's not going to stop me. As far as sizing each piece, I'm doing a good job so far, I believe. Everything seems to be in proportion, thank god! Wouldn't want to spend a day or so working on a piece and then find out it's too large or too small. I do have a problem with how wide the shin I have pep'd is, but I'll just stuff it with padding. So, on to the build!

Current progress

• Helmet: N/A
  • Chest: N/A
  • Right Bicep: Pep'd
  • Left Bicep: N/A
  • Right Forearm: Currently folding
  • Left Forearm: N/A
  • Right Hand Plate: Pep'd
  • Left Hand Plate: Pep'd
  • Codpiece: N/A
  • Right Thigh: N/A
  • Left Thigh: N/A
  • Right Shin: Pep'd
  • Left Shin: N/A
  • Right Boot: Pep'd and Resin'd
  • Left Boot: N/A
Boot
116_3133.jpg

116_3142.jpg

116_3141.jpg

Shin
116_3140.jpg

116_3139.jpg

116_3135.jpg

116_3136.jpg

Bicep
116_3138.jpg

116_3137.jpg

Boot and Shin
116_3134.jpg

116_3143.jpg

Assault Rifle
116_3144.jpg

The assault rifle was made by Adam Grumbo. So far, I do not see any warpage in my pieces, which is great. I only have the boot resined, since I don't have anymore brushes. When I have my forearm done, as well as any other piece, I'll update my thread. Hope you enjoy my build! And thanks to the modelers and unfolders for the files! Credit goes to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job so far, don't worry to much on the shin usually once everything is done it all looks proportional, and taking time while your peping usually equals out to straighter finished parts and less bondo, keep up the great job

Just a quick little update, my crash pads, boots, and gloves have come in. Gloves weren't what was pictures, color wise, so I'll probably go and buy some plasti-dip to coat it in black. Progress is slow because I can't resin anything right now. I'll try to get pictures up tomorrow of my forearm as well as go out and buy some brushes. Thanks for the encouragement!

Welcome to the 405th.

I'm flattered that I have inspired and motivated you. Thankyou!

I'm glad to see that the name of your thread is concice and to the point. Tags too! ;)
I can tell from your last post that your committed to this build. ie. purchased the undersuit gear.
Your pepping appears to be spot on. No warps, crisp lines and folds. HD pieces too!
Nice to see lots of pics in your 1st post. Everything in that post seems quite organized and nicely written.

Excellent progress report!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back