Mk V. Hybrid Build & Guilty Spark - SchizophrenicMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your kind words, guys. Means a lot.

I didn't physically work on my armor, today, since my cousin was over, but I put a lot of thinking into how I'm gonna get Spark done up.

I have an old bicycle in the garage, with no wheels, but if I can get the chain back on the sprockets, and properly greased, it'll serve well as a drive chain for a custom-built rotocaster. I figure the loads I'm looking at can be supported by cemented 5/8" PVC, so I'm looking into that. Still, I'll have to find some good gears. I think Martin Sprocket, nearby, is still around, so I'll check with them when I get a chance. Anyway, once that's done, I'm not sure how I want to power it; whether or not I want to make it hand-powered or find an old motor lying around (maybe one of Steel Reign's old motors) and rig it to the drive.

Once I have that figured out, I'll resin Spark and set him in the machine, filled with Rondo mud, and let it do its gyroscopic magic. If all goes fairly well, I should have a fairly strong, but not back-breakingly-heavy Guilty Spark to finish up.

On Spark's note, I think I'm gonna program an Arduino to use a speaker and flash his lights, in time with some Spark lines. I'll be using RGB LEDs, with the green and blue pins at the same voltage, and the red pin disconnected. That comes out cyan, which is near enough to perfect for me. I may have to get more diffuser film than I'd planned on, but it's cheap enough.

Don't sweat it. I wanted to tell you that I put out a more accurate Reach pistol, but I saw that you had built this one and didn't want to create more work for you. Since you have created more work for yourself anyway, I might as well lead you in a better direction. Here is the link to the new pistol...

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30963-New-Halo-Reach-Pistol-Pep-File-(Now-with-Sliced-Win!)

There is a pep version and a sliced version. I've seen the sliced version built a few times and every time, it looked fantastic. Hope this helps.
You know, I think I'll try that pep version. It looks really good, and should be easier to make. I kinda don't like how the Reach pistol looks, compared to the rest of the M6's, but I think, without the laser on top, and just the scope on bottom, it looks kinda cool. Funny, I was gonna do it the other way with the old M6 file. (I'd be doing it right now, if I had any scissors anymore. (or x-acto blades))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back