Z.P's Custom Reach Build WIP ((PIC HEAVY))!!! COMPLETE

Should I make it Modular with MK. V (Halo CE) PARTS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Prime

Hey so I am finally going to finish a suit and it is going to be a Custom Reach MM build. The sholders are going to be interchangable but the main ones are going to be ODST and Recon So far I have got the Helmet, Biceps, and Forearms Done. And if anything doesn’t look right please tell me so I can fix it.
Vanity_634483505738559468.png

These are some pics of the helm which I will be Rondoing this weekend
144_0499.jpg

144_0500.jpg

144_0501.jpg

This is my right Bicep (I hate the reach bicep) and I will be rondoing it soon.

144_0510.jpg

144_0509.jpg

144_0508.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, the only piece I have a problem with is the bicep piece.

Great pep work man! keep up the good work!

And don't worry too much about the bicep i find that just taking a step back from a pep piece for a bit then coming back later will give you a new perspective on the piece that will probable solve your problem!

Cheers, keep on fighting spartan!!

Well i finished rondoing my helmet and i have to say i realy like this method And I also spray painted the inside black someone told me it is a good idea to do that if you want to install LED's

145_0515.jpg

145_0514.jpg

145_0513.jpg

145_0512.jpg

145_0511.jpg

looking good so far. When you move onto Bondo, make sure to work your way up. Start on the bottom lip then go up. It will increse the streangth of the helm as you go on. Keep up the good work!!

looking good so far. When you move onto Bondo, make sure to work your way up. Start on the bottom lip then go up. It will increse the streangth of the helm as you go on. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for the tip i did not know that, anyway I have had to restart my chest piece due to the fact that I let it sit for so long in my closet. I hope to have new pics up soon

I finished rondoing the inside of my Helm and I Bondoed the top to fix some mistakes Now I just need to sand then paint and install the lighrs and a fan.
146_0516.jpg
146_0517.jpg

146_0518.jpg
146_0520.jpg
146_0519.jpg
146_0521.jpg

After who knows how mutch sanding I finaly able to get part of my helmet smooth and I will be getting a Dremel soon to finish and i think next time i will use rondo insted of strait up Bondo
147_0532.jpg

147_0533.jpg

147_0534.jpg

147_0536.jpg

147_0537.jpg

Okay so after a lot of hard work i am nearly finished with my helmet i will be painting and installing the Visor this weekend :D Here are some pic's just as a note all the marks on it are done with a dremmel to simulate Battle Damage and tipical wear and tear
148_0549.jpg

148_0551.jpg

148_0550.jpg

148_0552.jpg

And Here are some Pics of the Chest Piece
148_0547.jpg

148_0548.jpg

148_0545.jpg

I Think the chest warped way out of shape so I am thinkning of try foam for the chect and lower body (Belt Shin exe) and if any one had Tutorials or tips for it that would be great it is my first attempt and foam

A little tip with the bondo, it looks like you're using too much at once. Work in smaller sections with less bondo. You only need to mix up about 2 - 3 spoon-fulls at a time, no need for any more in one batch. This should cut down the amount of sanding you need to do.

Looks like it's going well though, your pepping skill is good and the product looks great so far.

After who knows how mutch sanding I finaly able to get part of my helmet smooth and I will be getting a Dremel soon to finish and i think next time i will use rondo insted of strait up Bondo
147_0532.jpg

147_0533.jpg

147_0534.jpg

147_0536.jpg

147_0537.jpg

Yes, thin layers work much better. You shouldn't be getting the pock marks from what looks like partly cured bondo. With bondo, less really is more.... Less sanding, more time for details :D But, the helmet does look pretty good.

looking very nice so far! trust me I no exactly how much of a pain bondo is but sometimes it is worth the effort.

Good luck I can't wait to see more!

Okay so i Got a lot done this week i finished my forearmes (PEP) and my TACPAD along with both Handplates here are the Pic's
IMG_20110814_103047.jpg

IMG_20110814_103101.jpg

I also finished my Recon Sholder Guard but i think it might be too small

IMG_20110814_103144.jpg

And now the Big piece I started work on my FOAM chest piece it is harder to cut than I thought but I think it is turning out well but i am definitly going to get a Heat Knife
IMG_20110814_144752.jpg

If my chest turns out i am going to do my belt and Thighs in foam as well

!!!!UPDATE!!!!

Okay so no pic’s right now but hopefully I will get some up tomorrow I have just had slow progress. anyway I am almost finished cutting out the foam for mychest piece and I have started work on my Belt (Roadwarriors Model) after Ifinish my main costume I am going to make the AR and the MK V parts for the CEArelease but I will hopefully be back tomorrow with Pic's and maybe a Video

Zero Convoy out

And I'm Back :p after a long period with no updates i am back and in a big way. over the last month or two i have gon into high gear with my Build
ONTO THE PICS
So i resened all of my armor but the belt (Ran out of space not resin :()
157_0716.jpg

157_0717.jpg

157_0718.jpg

157_0719.jpg

I need to make a "Heat Box" due to below avrage temps in my part of AZ so i will do that in a few min.
Now i have pics of a very nice Foam Chest piece
FRONT
157_0721-1.jpg

BACK(I am debating on either keeping the plated look or filling the gaps)
157_0720.jpg

Next friday I will be buying Paint and I am waiting on the LED's I ordered and i will install them with the visoe next week when i get paied again
See you next week with more Pics

Okay so I know Uber multi post but UPDATES:)
My foam chest piece is wearable just need to finish the Ab Plate PICS;););)
157_0734.jpg

157_0732.jpg

Now I just need to finish the Ab plate and seal the cracks (chaulking). Now I just need to order some plasti-dip (where get?) and paint (Spray Paint?)

P.S. I will be Rondoing tomarrow and buying; paint, Padding, Visor, Battery stuff, and switches on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back