COG Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be possible to make it out of metal?
Would it be easier/cheaper to use foam/pepakura?

Because I have a Mac and Pepakura doesn't have a version for it. :(
I'm trying to make a suit (and finish it) before the release of GoW 3.

Armor concept:
ValtielFunkbyTexly-D41.jpg

you can use fiberglass resin and cloth to make it and bondo it to detail the armor, but i wish i can help you on that situation but there is no mac version of pepakura

From what I've seen said on the forums, metal isn't exactly the best material for various reasons. In my opinion it would be much cheaper to do it via Pepakura depending if you have some of the things already. Cardstock is inexpensive and the other materials aren't exactly cheap but still aren't super expensive. So yes, go with Pep/foam.

As for pepekura on a mac, I've come up with a couple different ways:

1. If you have a stationary (Not a laptop) PC and a mac a good way to access pep on your mac is by using Team Viewer and just opening it on my PC.
2. There are many programs to let you use PC programs on a mac, such as CrossOver, Bootcamp (Does more that just programs) and Parallels. Though this method can get quite pricy when it comes down to it. If you're looking for the cheapest (in price) of the three, get CrossOver, though I can't guarantee that it will work, CrossOver is still in the adding-supported-programs phase.

Would it be possible to make it out of metal?

Theoretically? Sure. In reality? Rather not.

Lots of people announce their plans to build epicly awesome things from metal, but hardly anybody actually gets anything done and the one metal armour piece I have seen here hardly looked the way it was supposed to.

Would it be easier/cheaper to use foam/pepakura?

Absolutely. I think the advantages are obvious.

Because I have a Mac and Pepakura doesn't have a version for it.

Even if you had to buy a whole new computer (hint: old and used!) to run Pepakura Designer, you'd probably still be cheaper off than with a metal suit.

Theoretically? Sure. In reality? Rather not.
Lots of people announce their plans to build epicly awesome things from metal, but hardly anybody actually gets anything done and the one metal armour piece I have seen here hardly looked the way it was supposed to.
Absolutely. I think the advantages are obvious.
Even if you had to buy a whole new computer (hint: old and used!) to run Pepakura Designer, you'd probably still be cheaper off than with a metal suit.
Well my dad has a PC laptop. I might be able to use that for Pepakura.
But I'm gonna directions on how to do it and the specific files needed.

textly - D41 is that you? Night Stalker 0722's Avatar
Night Stalker 0722
Not sure what you mean bud.
Texly (my friend on DA) made the concept for me after I commissioned her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back