Gears of War 3 Dom Foam Build (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post this when I was at least finished with the boot but I do have some help making this thing.

I am planing on using pep files to use as templates for the torso because I want it to be as accurate as possible. I'm thinking of scrapping the boot part and making it slightly bigger so that the shin movies with little restriction.

But for now here is the right boot almost completed.

dsci0855.jpg

dsci0854.jpg

dsci0853t.jpg

dsci0857z.jpg

dsci0862u.jpg

It is pretty big as you can see.

dsci0854.jpg
dsci0854.jpg

Awesome work ,Im doing mine a similar fashion and I have a few questions how are you going to wear the boot when finish,are you going to cut a hole for a shoe or leaving it as is.

i am currently making almost the same thing, the ankle is hinged so a shoe can put in or taking out at anytime without too much difficulty

this is funny i came across this thread tonight. i was just at comic con in san diego, but while i was at the tri force booth( pretty weapons props). but to what i was goin to say is the voice for DOM carlos ferro walks up and says that an epic pic would be halo vs gears. and sure enough here it is. your build is looking good also..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is funny i came across this thread tonight. i was just at comic con in san diego, but while i was at the tri force booth( pretty weapons props). but to what i was goin to say is the voice for DOM carlos ferro walks up and says that an epic pic would be halo vs gears. and sure enough here it is. your build is looking good also..
Omg! You lucky son of a gun. I just had to skip this years Comic Con. :/

Oh and on the boot, I dont really have anything in mind. I want to try to make it as mobile as possible but I think I will wait to see what you guys come up with.

Update time!

So I managed to unfold Marcus' Torso (or at least the breastplate) made by Jakkrit in his thread. I had finished unfolding it like 3 or 5 days ago. The only reason Ididint posit was because 1: It isnt a full unfold and 2: Its is both my first unfold and isn't very good. But hey, it gets the job done.

Here is the file if anyone wants it.

Ok,so here is the torso so far. I used the Marcus' pep as templates.
dsci1012.jpg

dsci1014.jpg

dsci1013.jpg

dsci1018.jpg

dsci1016.jpg

dsci1015.jpg

i absolutly love Gears of War, but i never understood why their boots are so massive, idk if its a model issue or if something went wrong when the dropped it into the game engine, i personially have worked in the same game enigine and know its a pain in the boot transfering models..... i know that was off topic but i'ce wanted to see is any1 else noticed that?

i absolutly love Gears of War, but i never understood why their boots are so massive, idk if its a model issue or if something went wrong when the dropped it into the game engine, i personially have worked in the same game enigine and know its a pain in the boot transfering models..... i know that was off topic but i'ce wanted to see is any1 else noticed that?

I'm pretty sure they purposely make the entire figures bigger and out of realistic proportions. It's supposed to aid the "epicness" of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back