Sithlordawesome's Halo 3 marine WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i just ran out of fiberglas cloth and i'm low on resin so this is giving me a perfect exuse to work on my helmet, but i keep pushing it off and i feel really irritated just thinking about painstakenly cutting out the pep pieces and hen glueing them together. uuuugh anyway i just fiberglassed the inside of my shoulder peices and resined the greaves. i dont' have a dremel or a paint stripper for takeing care of the left over fiberglass cloth bits sticking out of the sides, i'l need to find a way to deal with that.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

looking great! little to no warpage, and whatever there is can easily be sanded out. very clean peping, im excited to see how your build turns out. good luck.

That stomach plate is in the 405th pep pack, but if you don't want to download that big of a file send me your email and I'll send it to you. THe only thing is it isn't spread over the paper right, but you can easily fix that in designer.

hey guys thanks for the feedback as always. here is what i got done on my helmet so far. i'm definetly going to take a break. i'm afraid the helmet is'nt going to fit my head right and it's gonna look funny, but then again it's not all done so i won't know until then.
IMG_0251.jpg

Stay motivated, Helmets get most of us down. myself included. Just keep at a little at a time.

as i'm finiishing up my helmet i've been faced with a few concerns. i have no idea how i'm going to do as far as sanding and bondo, i have very little cash and i already need a lot of supplies for other art projects on top of this. most of the supplies for this phase i don't even know what they are and whhere i can get them. like what do i use to sand it regular old sand paper or some other fancy tool. i keep hearig the word dremel thrown around and i have no idea what that is. i'm pulling my hair out of this situation. somebody help please?

The Help! topic titled "Complete Noob List" shows you what everything is and what you use it for and also about how much it will cost. It might even show you good places to get it.

You can hand sand it No problem. start with a 80 grit and work you're way to 200 grit. Sanders work great for flat surfaces. Dremel's (rotary tool) are great for fine detail work. With the helm you're working on you should have it easy with just the hand sanding tho. Side note: take it easy with the bondo, just light coats and it will sand faster.

I finally got my helmet peping done!! all i got to do is the chest peice and i can move on. i hope the helmet will fit me. tell me what you guys think, not too bad fo my first helmet huh?

IMG_0310.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0309.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0311.jpg
[/IMG]

Not bad at all. My first helmet fitted fine but my glasses kept on getting in the way and it caused some damage not seen until I fiberglassed it. Now I am on helmet #2. slightly bigger one after discovering my computer automatically shrunk mine by 1%.
Good luck still on the rest of your build.

looking good man! I was feelin a little of what you were feeling on the helmet...don't get discouraged on any part of it....when I finished the chest piece it felt great that I actually got it done! keep goin and cant wait to see more pics!

ok i finished putting the first coat of resin on the helmet, there was a little warping and the helmet dosn't quite fit but nothing a few pads can't fix. tell me if you guys got commments,concerns or helful tips. still waitinbg for my dremel to come in the mail, i will apply the second layer of resin soon.

IMG_0314.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0315.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0316.jpg
[/IMG]

ok i bondoed and sanded the elbows and i dremeled many of the other peices as well.i think these are ready fir paint but i have no idea what i'm doing so some direction would be nic right about now..

IMG_0366.jpg
[/IMG]

I would keep on sanding your plates smooth. Bondo is tricky and it is best if you have access to a power palm sander like a black and decker mouse. Dont be afraid to take the bondo down a bit you can always add more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back