Sithlordawesome's Halo 3 marine WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SithLordawesome

Hey guys ive been trying to making armor for years now and time and again ive failed, the buck stops here! I wanna get this done by august 26 because PAX is coming to seattle that day. i have it all printed out and i need to get a replacment Xacto knive blade tomarrow. I'm dirt poor and i cant drive and i have no support from my family or freinds in making this and i'm ******* angry as hell. if i haul ass i might be able to get my marine costume. I'll post pics soon.

Try using cardboard and hot glue for cheap building material and paint them with acrylic paint. I see a few cardboard build that look very nice you just have to search around and welcome to 405th.

ok i got one shoulder done, i'm gonna rest for a bit my hands killing me.
IMG_0145.jpg
[/IMG]

From what I can the see pep is alright, and depending on how you finish it Bondo/hot glue etc. it should work nicely. If you go really cheap and only use paint as a finisher/hardener then you might want to clean up the edges a little when gluing. Any ideas on how you want take this build yet?

for your first time your doing very well. Whatever you do to harden the armor, be sure to sand down those rough edges afterwards. It'll make it look all the better.

Good luck!

thank you for the feedback, i plan on applying a couple layers of resin to hardin than put some bondo on and start sanding. as i work on the greaves i'm thinking on how i could attach all the armor onto the army camys than my freind let me use, maybe some velcro, buckles or straps. i could check out some airsoft sites fot tacitcal gear. and on another note it turns out pax prime is all sold out so i cant go :( but i'm determined to get this done by the end of summer.

halo-cosplay-master-chief-marine-armor2.jpg
[/IMG]you know i've been looking at some reference pictures and i've seena peice of armor on the abdoman right where the belt is. and the pep files i have dont have that peice but when ive googled some marine costume pics i see all the good ones wearing this peice of armor. i was wondering if anyone knows where i could find a pep file for this peice.

well if anyone is still even looking at this thread i've got both my greaves pepped, now i must steele myself for the daunting challenge of peping the helmet and chest next wish me luck
IMG_0217.jpg
[/IMG]

Of course we're still looking at this thread. And judging from you're pic's you're pep skills are getting better, and looking good, I'm looking forward to seeing the next set of pic's

posting work so far,so far this helmet is kicking my ass. i'm slowley losing my enthusiasm and i'm faltering. but i got to keep on working, in hind sight maybe doing the biggest pieces first would have been better..
IMG_0221.jpg

Belive me your not the first to feel that way especially when building the helmet, It can get exhausting, I just walk away from it for a while and when i come back to it I feel the motivation come back to finish it, keep it going once the helmets done the rest seems so much easier to build keep going your doing great so far

ok so i have some piecies all strengthened with resin and fiberglass cloth, i still need to make the helmet and chest piece though. i'll post pics soon

its looking good man very clean work sorry to hear u missed pax and you might want to watch the dbl posts some ppl dnt like um but keep up the good work and keep the pics comin

Yay. Someone else is building one too. We're growing in numbers!
Good luck with the helmet. With me, I built mine last being the 2nd largest and most gratifying. You're peping is as good as mine which is a plus but I recommend reinforcing some areas with balsa or bass wood to make it more rigid. As for the abdomen question, I was going to make one using cardboard, paper and fiberglass resin since no one makes that part. Have you seen the references on the halo costume wiki? That helps a lot as does ebay.

How ironic. While we, in reality are growing in numbers, the marines in-game are shrinking in numbers because of traitorous spartans and evil aliens xD
I like the progress though, and I'm pretty sure you can just scratch-build that there stomach armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back