Halo Wars Costume (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skufire

So Dragon-con is coming up fast, and i needed to work a little faster. I managed to use the easy pep design for the Mark IV chest, and customized it with foam pieces that i cut out and glued to the chest. It looks a lot better than the original design. Foam is amazing if you know how to use it. Anyways, most of the top of my armor is mark IV, while the other bottom half is a mix between reach and halo 3's mark VI. Im still working on the helmet and getting a big ass visor for it. im also working on some shins and boots as well. Ill keep updating with pics as i get closer and closer to the end.

aroundthehouse009.jpg

aroundthehouse007.jpg

yeah if you know please tell me. I already made some mark VI shins, but i would still like to know where to find the shin and boots.
Thanks for your reply.

It looks great so far. Im also working on the mark 4. I regret using the high-res torso, it is such a pain and I may have printed it too small. We shall see. My only missing part is the thigh. It looks like you're using mk5 or 6. If you find or make the mk4 pepfile for that could you pleas post it.

Thanks guys! I'm gonna work on the boots first. I'm gonna upload some more pics later tonight when I get off work. As far as the thigh goes, I haunt been able to find the mark Iv thigh, so I just used the mark v6 and tweaked the padding that goes on the inside around the leg. Thankyou for telling me where to find the shin and boots. There are also a couple more things I'm working out with foam. Like I said, I'll put more pics up for you guys after I'm off work. Thanks for your comments.

Unfortunatlly the links in that thread are dead. I have PMed the OP but I havn't gotten a reply. That was 2 months ago. I was planing on free-handing it unless someone found the pepfile.

ok so here are some more pictures of the costume. I did a little more painting, and a couple additions to the thigh and chest. I mixed in a little foam around the neck of the chest and the inside of the thigh pieces. Im still working on the boots. Since the file didnt work, i decided to just make my own that look similar to the ones that the mark 4 spartans have.

once again, ill keep you all updated as time moves on.

DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

DSCF0150.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF0146.jpg

That looks awesome, and now after I finish my MK V, refurbish my MK VI, and maybe build an ODST, I will do a MK IV!

You gotta get a neck seal on that bad boy. And maybe make the Codpeice and Ab plate a little bigger so there isn't a big hole in your stomach. I think that would add to an already awesome piece.

Maybe a plate of thin foamies and whatnot to go around the waist, get some detail between the hard armors.
Also, neckseals make or break a suit, it always looks better with a neckseal, and a good one at that. I remember at the reach release mine kept slipping, and i also sneezed inside my helmet.

Awesome, way better than when I tried to attempt mine. I couldn't get the leg pieces to Fit!!! Good luck on yours :)

your absolutely right about the empty space. i plan on filling it in with some thin foam designs that will make my under suit look really nice.

thanks for all your advice. Ill keep you all updated.

ok so a new update on the shins. Like i said, i dont have that much time left to make full mark 4 shins for my costume, so i improvised a little. I think they turned out pretty good thus far. Still have some rondo and other stuff to complete, but overall i think they will do. I mixed the low resolution mark 6 shin and to the basic part from the mark 4 shin and slapped them together. cant wait to see how it turns out with paint and resin and all that good stuff.

CIMG2154.jpg

Nice! Are you going to assemble some Reach weapons to go with it to try and fit that era?

I'm stoked to see someone is doing a Halo Wars build, I wanted to do it, but figured I should start with a MKVI as my first because there's more documentation on 'em, and it'd be easier for a starter suit. But, now I've got some reference photos for when I get to doing one of my own!

Every now and then I hit Play All on the cutscenes just to watch the incredible CG. If they made a Halo movie with that quality of CG, I'd watch it a 15 times before it left theaters.

315387_10150824342980727_559595726_20952137_1195541944_n.jpg

317240_10150824353940727_559595726_20952284_1398093953_n.jpg

313763_10150824354185727_559595726_20952288_1917496549_n.jpg

312584_10150824353755727_559595726_20952282_1606272993_n.jpg

And after the Four days of non-stop fun at dragon-con. The project is over.
Thanks everyone for all your positive feed. :) Im thinking about making this Armor out of foam, so i can move more freely in it. It turned out pretty sweet. Thankyou 405th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back