My pepakura file is not printing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMeowsikins

Hey there! Just set my pepakura file to print and it just printed the page number at the bottom and nothing else :/
I have changed all the colours to default but this did not help at all, what am I doing wrong?!

did you check your printer setup to see if you have the wrong layout or it could be the scale of the 2D for this i would go to Youtube and type in "Halo Pepakura Scale Tutorial Pt. 1" or just use this link http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkBQjt7hcLY this will help you scale the helmet to fit your head or it could be as simple as rearanging your unfolds to make sure they fit the pages or you might need to change how heavy the lines are hope this helps you. :)

On the top menu bar in pepakura Designer go to settings, click on printer and paper settings, turn on the Print lines clearly(vector print), then set your transparency to 0%.

That should work, if not you'lll probably have to search the forums

Do you have the right kind of paper? It could be that you need the A4 size. But you can scale it to make the file fit on letter size paper. Just my 2 cents :D

Do you have the right kind of paper? It could be that you need the A4 size. But you can scale it to make the file fit on letter size paper. Just my 2 cents :D

When building armour, you want your models to have a very particular size and the scale function is there so you can get exactly that size - not to change it afterwards because your cardstock is two centimetres too narrow.

If you're still having the problem... you may be able to narrow it down by the time it takes to print: If it just spools the card/paper right through until it gets to the page number, then it is definitely isnt "trying" to print the lines, ie. it may be trying to "print selection" where noting is selected (I'm fairly sure this isnt the case, but I coulnt think of a better example). If it is taking the expected time to print a page, but showing nothing but the page number, it may be 100% transparency, or the line colour may have changed to white or 0 thickness (Again, I don't think these options are possible). Either way, this information could help find an answer.

Page size is not going to be an issue... if it is able to print anything at all, it can print the rest of it. Printers don't know what size paper you have used, so it will either fit perfectly or have a blank space at the bottom depending on whether you have used A4 or Legal (Most files are set up to use A4 size). The only other thing I can suggest is testing the printer with other programs (Rules out the printer as a problem) and then another pepakura file (Rules out problems with the program itself). Hope you manage(d) to amend the problem!

I have similar problem

when i try printing I get a bunch of crammed lines at the bottom of the page and its really annoying me its making me want to quit this project. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

For future reference, please don't necro post old old threads. Always look at the last post date before replying to a thread. If it's more than three months ago, it's a dead thread and should not be responded to.

In the future, it is always better to reply to the stickies threads entitled "HELP! For XXXX", these are specialized places where super helpful people can easily look and see that someone has asked a question, and under which topic they asked. For instance, your question is a "HELP! For Pepakura" question, so placing it there would help us better answer. I would have probably seen this sooner if you'd posted in the right spot, as I check the HELP! For Pepakura/Bondo topics daily.

Since we're already here, I'll just answer, though. If you are getting everything crammed at the bottom, then probably your printer is struggling to feed the cardstock (assuming you're using it) through. The first step is to test this theory: Print off one page of your pepakura project on REGULAR PRINTER PAPER. If it goes without a hitch, then you know your printer can't handle the heavy cardstock. Your best bet is to either take it all to a kinkos/ups/other copy store (Either by exporting the pep to PDF, or printing it on regular paper to be copied onto cardstock) and having them print it on the right cardstock. Alternatively, find someone else who has a different type of printer and windows. I personally look for printers where you can load the paper in the back, rather than front, but some people have good luck with newer printers that load in the front too. If it's an office style printer (The ones with more things sticking out of them, including an ADF tray above the scanner) you will have better luck than with a cheap-o bargain printer. I hope this helps, if it does, or does not, please reply on the "HELP! For Pepakura" thread and not to this one, as we should lay this thread to rest now, I just figured since it was already on the first page, it'd be best to answer the question than leave you hanging.

Hey thanks! old topic post but that fixed my problem!
On the top menu bar in pepakura Designer go to settings, click on printer and paper settings, turn on the Print lines clearly(vector print), then set your transparency to 0%.

That should work, if not you'lll probably have to search the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back