photoshoot mark VI armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanx360

hey,

I'm going to show you all my progress on my full mark VI suit
it's not yet finished (look at the left shoulder that I'm going to redo)

CIMG9407.jpg

CIMG9408.jpg

CIMG9410.jpg

CIMG9409.jpg

CIMG9411.jpg
CIMG9412.jpg
CIMG9413.jpg
CIMG9414.jpg
CIMG9415.jpg
CIMG9416.jpg
CIMG9417.jpg
CIMG9418.jpg
CIMG9419.jpg
CIMG9420.jpg

tell me all what you think

I like the mud splash look you have on the armor, but I don't know if it's just me, but that chestplate looks WAY too big! D: Everything else looks pretty good, but that chestplate is the only thing bothering me. XD lol

There is something I noticed that I don't think I've seen anybody do before and that would be the clamp things that you are using to hold the chestplate together. Those sort of give a unique touch. I like those. :p

I like the mud splash look you have on the armor, but I don't know if it's just me, but that chestplate looks WAY too big! D: Everything else looks pretty good, but that chestplate is the only thing bothering me. XD lol

There is something I noticed that I don't think I've seen anybody do before and that would be the clamp things that you are using to hold the chestplate together. Those sort of give a unique touch. I like those. :p
yea, i also think it's too big, when i have the time i will make another one.

thanks for your advice

I will give you the honest truth. Besides saying "great work", there are a few items that I don't think are working.

1. The chest piece, like HaloGoddess said, is way too big.
2. The cod piece will look better if it is reduced by 10%-15%.
3. I'm not digging the color either. It hides the detail of the armor and make the whole suit a mess. It is better if you stick with one color and then weather it.
4. If you are going to redo the chest piece, I recommend that you redo the gauntlets as well. LD, with lines painted on just look tacky. Look for the HD gauntlet, I believe by Robegenesis. You should also go with HD chest piece. I like Flying Squirel's.
5. The helmet looks the right size. Are you going to tint the visor?
6. You may need to improve some of the paint jobs. Rushing it will just make the whole effort of building go to waste.
7. I suggest that you try to finish the armor with some bondo.

Don't take this negatively. I think you are doing some good work. It just that there are some areas you still need to work on. I, myself, is still continuing to learn on how to make the armor perfect.

Since every talks about the chest being to big first....I will too, it's to big lol but I like those shoulders a lot, it's really all about the paint man! Also, get some color on the visor! Even if you just get some like glass stain from hobby lobby. Won't be all mirror like, but it'll block your face a ton more and give your visor color. (Blue would match the shoulders and look legit! ;D )

I will give you the honest truth. Besides saying "great work", there are a few items that I don't think are working.

1. The chest piece, like HaloGoddess said, is way too big.
2. The cod piece will look better if it is reduced by 10%-15%.
3. I'm not digging the color either. It hides the detail of the armor and make the whole suit a mess. It is better if you stick with one color and then weather it.
4. If you are going to redo the chest piece, I recommend that you redo the gauntlets as well. LD, with lines painted on just look tacky. Look for the HD gauntlet, I believe by Robegenesis. You should also go with HD chest piece. I like Flying Squirel's.
5. The helmet looks the right size. Are you going to tint the visor?
6. You may need to improve some of the paint jobs. Rushing it will just make the whole effort of building go to waste.
7. I suggest that you try to finish the armor with some bondo.

Don't take this negatively. I think you are doing some good work. It just that there are some areas you still need to work on. I, myself, is still continuing to learn on how to make the armor perfect.

thanks,
about the gauntlets, I am currently re doing those, same with the left shoulder,
i have a tinted visor in gold, but when i had a presentation i have put in a uncolored visor, because my eyes had to be visible.
i know about the chest piece, but it's ok for a first try, not?
about the colors: i have chosen those in particulary, because those have some personal meaning to me, same with the muddy look, thats my preference, sorry :p

sorry for bad english :s

Hey first off good job the suit looks really good. But like everyone else my eyes immediately went to your chest piece it is way too big and i see some parts than need a little Bondo or Rondo in the outside to smooth them out. Now i really like what you where going for with the paint, But you kind of over did it ease it up a bit make it a little lighter and darken it up where dirt mud and muck would accumulate Crevasse and seams (Keep it tame though) Other than that this looks really good

P.S. What methode did you use? it almost looks vacume formed

Last edited by a moderator:
Good solid start man, that's why I'm bothering to throw my 2 cents in: you need to cover or paint the foam on your armor, cause it's showing. Second, you're wrists are still exposed on your undersuit. Lastly, color the visor.
Good job though man! Keep it up!!!

oop, missed one, maybe apply marshon's painting tutorial to your AR!

I like the mud and the weathering, kinda reminds me of when my pool was empty for a year. Some stuff died in it.

Also, the visor definately needs some kinda tint.

the boots, is it a 3 part? meaning you saw the lace area?

Yes. I used the 3 part boot pepakura file.

To the rest: i will put my original visor back in. Maybe look for a new one because the old one isn't that clear to see trough. Anyone knows where i can buy tint spray in belgium or on the internet cheap?

As the first commenter mentioned, the metal clamps to hold the two pieces of the chest together are a sweet idea. I'd love to see some info on how you went about that.

As the first commenter mentioned, the metal clamps to hold the two pieces of the chest together are a sweet idea. I'd love to see some info on how you went about that.

its not that hard, you cut the chest piece where you want to disconnect, i chose the bottom part under your arms, and the part where on original parts of master chief it looks connected,
after that you buy those clamps, it has a hook and a ring that grabs the hook. you put the pieces together and mark where the clamps will go (its best to put the clamps on whit some sticky tape, and you drill holes.
finaly you screw them in and glue it (to make sure its tight)

ps: always do 1 part at a time because the drill holes can differ sometimes, and always double check.

when you close those clamps, the fiberglass bends a little, but when its hooked, it turns back to its original form.

hope that clears it a little :p

for me all the things said about the armor i have to say it looks good, yea there are some flaws but no on makes the perfect armor the first go around. with the colors its what ever makes you happy. the point in making this stuff is not to get a big name on here its to make a costume you will be proud of. that took me a long time to learn, so keep it up

for me all the things said about the armor i have to say it looks good, yea there are some flaws but no on makes the perfect armor the first go around. with the colors its what ever makes you happy. the point in making this stuff is not to get a big name on here its to make a costume you will be proud of. that took me a long time to learn, so keep it up

thank you,

i am proud of my armor, it tells me i Can make this, not as good as the rest. but still, i can make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back