Ian's Guy Manuel Build - Pep to Finish by Halloween 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

iancorrao

So I was showing off my ODST Helmet to a friend at work and he was really interested in the process and possibly procuring a helmet himself. The conundrum was that he doesn't want to build it himself and wanted the Guy Manuel Helmet. Which I'm amazed at how popular it is to build. So a quick shout out to all the modellers and unfolders who provide the files for us. Cheers! My friend was asking if it would be possible to get him a finished helmet by this Halloween. Wowsa! Talk about a deadline. Guess my ODST build will be put on hold... or WILL it?!

Here's the progress so far:

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

I used some Smooth Cast to seal the inside of the helmet.
IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0338.jpg

Very rough stage, before sanding.
IMAG0339.jpg

So it's pretty rough so far, and granted when I have time I will be trying to clean it up and hopefully get it look at least half as good as Mr.Pinski's Build - if you haven't seen it yet, check it out! So yeah, more pics to come soon.

Well it's been almost 2 months since I started this project, felt like it's been longer! Since I last posted my wife and I had our first child!

Meet Anya Jade!
AnyaJadeCrop.jpg

But I digress, here are some progress shots of the helm.

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0350.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

IMAG0355.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

\
IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0382.jpg

And seeing as how I'm no electronics wizard, NOR Volpin props, I plan on using an EL Wire kit, solid green, to wire up the lights. My friend who's commissioned me asked to have solid green, which was a life saver! But I'm sure had he "greased the wheels" a little more I would have done the research to do some extra electronic work. Anyhoot, there's the update!

Nice to see another Daft punk helmet maker! It looks pretty solid, Can't wait to see it colored with the el wire.
I was planning on using el wire on my Thomas helmet. :D

I've been lurking around the web trying tobshow people some of my new starting builds. I don't know how to make a thread yet, yes that means I am a noob.. but I would appreciate it if you guys checked out my blog at (Fennecprops.tumblr.com) I am still working on my guy helmet and am planning to pull casts which I will sell, thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back