Help:why do I need Fiberglassing for my helmet and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudfoot

im very new to this,. and in progress for my first armor. just downloaded the Mark VI pepakura stuff. i heard i need to use fiberglass, why and where would i put it, also could someone put a list of stuff im gonna need.. I saw a video on youtube but that wasnt very helpfull, thanks

Welcome to the forums man. I would suggest using the "Search" and also read through the stickies. There is a wealth of information and to have someone respond with a step by step process here would just be redundant. To answer your question though, the fiberglass resin is used to harden your paper model (pepakura).

Here is a video series on YouTube that helped me alot in the steps in making the Armour.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a variety of ways to make the armor. Fiberglassing provides strength and durability for less cost and effort than some of the other methods and materials. For example, some will use melted glue stcks on the inside of the armor for strength, while others eschew the pep method altogether for the lauded sculpt, mold, and vacuum form method. Try trudging through most of the stickies on this forum. There is a wealth of info here, it just takes time a patience to read through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back