Guyver 2 Control Medal prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutekhian

Decided on a whim last night I'd make a control medal from the Guyver suits. There's been a few instances through the series / films where the medals have been yanked out on a trail of tendrils and the suits have then broken down and eaten the occupants. In at least one instance the suit then grew back from the medal alone, and regrew it's occupant...

With that in mind I decided to do Guyver 2's damaged control medal, it had a crack in it from the start which was aggravated in combat and lead to the units destuction due to it failing and being blown/yanked out.

I made a wee round clay shape for an un-damaged medal in case I decided later to make an un-cracked one too:

Photo-1577.jpg

Took a little mould of it:

Photo-1578.jpg

Photo-1579.jpg

Took a resin cast and had at it with my dremel and scalpel to create a nice big damaged section:

Photo-1583.jpg

Painted it up with my acrylics:

Photo-1584.jpg

Then added tendrils to the back with a combination of electrical wires and different coloured thread soaked in a Red Gore colour to give the bio-mechanical effect of the suits parts.

Photo-1585.jpg

And an idea of the scale.

Photo-1587.jpg

Thoughts or feedback welcome! All in all, roughly 3-4 hours actual work I'd say?

remember just dont eat it!!! lol i love the guyver movies and series, sweet nice and short build

>.< Owww that was a nasty bit yeah! The live-action films were so cheesy, but so fun!

And thanks! Figured after I built it I was happy enough so I'd post for a bit of variety!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back