Thorssoli's Vacformed Warhammer 40k Space Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did like that particular video a little more than the first, due mainly to the fact that it shows more of the "behind the scenes" aspects of the armor. Again, great work!!

-Matt

Awesome video! Really liked to hear the aspects of the build in that interview. Much better than the other interview! Nice job Shawn!

I've written up a short version of the build on instructables.com and entered it in their "Make it Real" challenge. You can see it by clicking HERE.

Check it out and vote for me to win the contest.
7155391855_9ea8171b0a_z.jpg

I tried to make it as entertaining to read as possible, so if you're looking for the short version of how I did all of this, you should check it out. Thanks for looking.

Hey, did any of your guys go to Fanime Con? Because this
7311511708_9735e93461_o.jpg

looks like one of yours. Found at Dannychoo.com, you just have to scroll down a bit. It also looks like he got another 405th'er further down in a picture with a halo armor suit and a ME suit but I don't know who it could be.

EDIT: found another Picture from the guy who took the last one.

Hey, did any of your guys go to Fanime Con?
Two of my guys were there. Matt was there in the Dark Angels suit and Trevor was dressed as the UNSC trooper with the sniper rifle.

So... Anymore thought on doing up a terminator?
Not really. I'd like to, but I'm already having trouble finding space to keep the ones that I've done. It's increasingly clear that I need to relocate to a larger space.

In other news, I won the contest at instructables.com:
7506504538_8c289d54ae_c.jpg

So sometime soon I'll be getting a pretty kick-ass Objet30 Pro 3D printer. Once it arrives and I've figured out how to make it go, I'll be offering up printing services.

So... Anymore thought on doing up a terminator?

I started a terminator but got side tracked by my Masterchief suit. After I finish my ironman suit I will get back on it though. I understand what thorssoli means about the space. My terminator is no where near the scale his marine is and it takes up too much room.

@Thorssoli. Amazing work dude this takes me back to when I was a teenager painting my marine army except its a marine for real!

Tom.

Congrats on the instructables win, you deserved it!!!

So sometime soon I'll be getting a pretty kick-ass Objet30 Pro 3D printer. Once it arrives and I've figured out how to make it go, I'll be offering up printing services.

I just looked at the company's website for the Objet30 Pro, and I cannot wait to see what sort of things you can crank out with it! But won't Lopez get jealous? And on a related note, I suggest Sheila as the name for your printer. Just thought I'd put that out there before anyone else tried to name it, lol.

I suggest Sheila as the name for your printer. Just thought I'd put that out there before anyone else tried to name it, lol.

I was actually pretty much set on the name "Jarvis."

I don't think Lopez will get jealous. He'll still have plenty of larger, rougher pieces to work on. In fact these past two weeks he's been running almost non-stop on a project I'm not allowed to talk about just yet. That one will be pretty darned cool when it's done.

Well I did a quick google search for "Jarvis" and came up with these results:

-Bed and Breakbast in Toronto
-Many schools and community centres
-Night Club in Whitehorse
-Canadian company that makes butchering equipment
-A singer that I don't recognize.

Not sure that any of those fit, so who/what is Jarvis?

OMFG, CONGRATULATIONS!!! THAT was the prize?!?!?!? Soooooooo jealous!!! And Jarvis is the perfect name for it, too!! (@Nessy - think Iron Man)

Well I did a quick google search for "Jarvis" and came up with these results:

-Bed and Breakbast in Toronto
-Many schools and community centres
-Night Club in Whitehorse
-Canadian company that makes butchering equipment
-A singer that I don't recognize.

Not sure that any of those fit, so who/what is Jarvis?
JARVIS is the AI responsible for running Tony Stark's house and is the main computer for the Irom Man suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back