L3X's File Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats that? You wanna convert your Designated Marksman Rifle into a Battle Rifle? Lemme see if I can help you with that...

Untitled3-4.jpg

With that much detail it will be a pain to pep.....I'll do it :D
Love all the hard work you do on you're models, And how do I know it's hard work.... Because it shows.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I finally am getting all my data off my laptop's harddrive and on to my desktop, so ill be resuming building everything here shortly with an update surly coming tonight!

Thanks everyone for your kind words! I finally am getting all my data off my laptop's harddrive and on to my desktop, so ill be resuming building everything here shortly with an update surly coming tonight!
Glad to hear everything is being moved over L3X. :)

Can't wait to see that update, bud.

brokendmr22.jpg

Think i may change it though... im not liking the amount of space in the gap there... its too much compared to the actual br.

Honestly I would like the iron sights better than the dandy little red dot thats on the DMR.
However the underbarrel shotgun may not work because the thing below the barrel there could be an important part of the DMR, maybe a gas tube. Of course it could also be a useless bipod mount.

I have always wanted to do something like this, like using a shorter range DMR sight on the sniper, or using an assault rifle mag and the full auto setting of the DMR, or even a short barreled sniper rifle with a supressor!

...even a short barreled sniper rifle with a supressor!

I remember reading in the fall of reach book that one of the spartans used something like that, i think it was Linda. I don't remember precisly who. Apparenrly it was a customizable sniper system.

Honestly I would like the iron sights better than the dandy little red dot thats on the DMR.
However the underbarrel shotgun may not work because the thing below the barrel there could be an important part of the DMR, maybe a gas tube. Of course it could also be a useless bipod mount.

I have always wanted to do something like this, like using a shorter range DMR sight on the sniper, or using an assault rifle mag and the full auto setting of the DMR, or even a short barreled sniper rifle with a supressor!

You bring up a valid point sir, ill take a look in to the shotgun piece, hopefully ill be able to add the gas system back in to it. And I do plan on creating a suppressor for it!

holy crap this is amazing man, FANTASTIC DMR =D

Thanks!

Update(this is a dmr body with the br attachment, does not include br barrel, undergrip, or magazine.(WIP))
br.jpg

br2.jpg

br1.jpg

Whats that? You wanna convert your Designated Marksman Rifle into a Battle Rifle? Lemme see if I can help you with that...

Untitled3-4.jpg

do you think i could use this to transform my nerf sniper into a DMR? :)

Wow L3X, this stuff is looking amazing! Keep up the good work :) your the man!

Wow, great work L3X. It makes for a nice, realistic-looking transition from the DMR to the BR. Again, great work buddy!!

-Matt

Fantastic work L3x. This conversion makes perfect sense from a weapons standpoint. The two rifles are so similar in game that in reality they would likely be the same base rifle with simple modifications for the role it will be used in. I'm sure some of our fine service men could explain it better. It reminds me of how you can use the M16/AR15 platform to create anything from a infantry rifle to a Urban engagement sniper rifle, to a squad light machine gun.

To be honest I'm surprised this isn't the route 343 went when they were updating all the weapons for reach.

Again FANTASTIC work as always.

P.S. any update on the templates for that foam midsection armor you were working on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back