L3X's File Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, no offence, but i think this a conversation to be had through PMs instead of my thread considering it really has nothing to do with my files in particular. thanks.

I actually thought about that after the fact. Sorry about that L3X. I had no intention of taking away from your thread.

-Matt
yea, me too. sorry, I get carried away sometimes. Your files are great, I kinda think out loud sometimes. Sorry L3X, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Hey, I just downloaded the foam V3 Pep file and I thought, "Yay, not a lot of pieces and it looks awesome!" but then I saw that it had 232 pieces! So, I decided to scroll out and I saw a sh** load of tiny pieces. Are these crucial to the build or are they just extra detail? Please reply, because I am very very confused right now.

Hey, I just downloaded the foam V3 Pep file and I thought, "Yay, not a lot of pieces and it looks awesome!" but then I saw that it had 232 pieces! So, I decided to scroll out and I saw a sh** load of tiny pieces. Are these crucial to the build or are they just extra detail? Please reply, because I am very very confused right now.

Don't worry. The piece count is showing the total number of actual pieces. For the faom teemplates there are only about 60 pieces. If you zoom out. You will see the rest of the pieces. You don't need them. You only need what is shown on the paper area.

Don't worry. The piece count is showing the total number of actual pieces. For the faom teemplates there are only about 60 pieces. If you zoom out. You will see the rest of the pieces. You don't need them. You only need what is shown on the paper area.

Oh ok thank you! So will it come out the same way it looks in the 3d area (minus the details)? I'll have to add all of the details right?

L3x Big fan of all your work and I am grateful that you make it for the rest of us. You put so much work into everything you do. Thank you so much for the foam templets too. I do have a question now that they Have released some Spartan IV armor pics are you going to design one?
Halo-4-Armor-Skins3.jpg

L3x Big fan of all your work and I am grateful that you make it for the rest of us. You put so much work into everything you do. Thank you so much for the foam templets too. I do have a question now that they Have released some Spartan IV armor pics are you going to design one?
Halo-4-Armor-Skins3.jpg
As of now i have no plans to do anything just because im low on time. This may change in the future.

As for now... UPDATE!!!!

Ive updated the first page to include a foam unfold of the male cod and the updated male foam abs wrap that looks like this. Also included the Mark V Shoulder in foam.

MaleAbsWrap.jpg

Holy cow sir!! That is one heck of an update, and I can't wait to take a stab at it. Thanks for all of your hard work.

-Matt

L3x thank you once again. Are you going to have a file with the ab, cod and chest together. Only asking for scaling issues. Edit: never mind on the question figured it out, thanks once again.

amazing detail you just keep bringing out more and more
you have an AI over there helpin you out huh?? :p j/k
you're doing a great job thanks for the input and dedication to the forums excellent job!!!
063020128495667.jpg

Hey I am a Noob, and this is my very first build. I'm using a MAC, when I downloaded your design on the Mk VI Mjolnir torso (foam) I could not get it to open. is there some other program I need to view it?
Thank you for your time, and help.

Hey I am a Noob, and this is my very first build. I'm using a MAC, when I downloaded your design on the Mk VI Mjolnir torso (foam) I could not get it to open. is there some other program I need to view it?
Thank you for your time, and help.

You need a program called pepakura. Unfortunately they don't make it for MAC. You are going to have to ask some one you know with a PC to let you download it. I would recommend maybe reading up on this craft first before you go any further.

Hy hatred of the windows machine is complete as is my seduction and transformation to the darkside... Ok, a bit dramatic, but hey Im old and trying to be witty. I knew about pepakura, I just didn't know it was only windows specific, nor did I realize it had its own specific viewing program. I will have to find a windows machine and go from there. I have done A LOT of research on the subject and am in possession of most of what I need to start a foam project. Also I have 30 years of modeling experience and a huge determination. Thus I will go forward with my build and if i screw something up, theres always more foam out there. ;-)

to assist you in your quest, here' s a link to everything you need to know about pepakura. Intro Guide

any database updates L3X?

EDIT: system malfunction recovery complete, link is operable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hy hatred of the windows machine is complete as is my seduction and transformation to the darkside... Ok, a bit dramatic, but hey Im old and trying to be witty. I knew about pepakura, I just didn't know it was only windows specific, nor did I realize it had its own specific viewing program. I will have to find a windows machine and go from there. I have done A LOT of research on the subject and am in possession of most of what I need to start a foam project. Also I have 30 years of modeling experience and a huge determination. Thus I will go forward with my build and if i screw something up, theres always more foam out there. ;-)

Ah ok. Sorry, thought you were one of those noobs that ask with out researching, my mistake. Yeah sucks that they didn't make pepakura for Macs as I am also a Mac user. Thank fully my wife has a laptop I can use but it's SLOW! So now you know I wish you the best of luck and if you have any questions concerning foam builds don't hesitate to ask.
Tom.

Added a new section to the first post guys and gals!

Halo 4
Halo4Armor.png

Mk VII Bicep (M)

That thing took so long to build! 6 hours
, and hour each just to do the top piece....Granted I. . . erm. . . was taking breaks, Yeah thats it! Just saying, handle with care, Also I Tried doing a foam unfold, But the top section is hard to do with foam... Made the foam one too, it didn't turn out too good.

Is there any way I could get some help with scaling? I have tried about every method for myself and cant seem to get it right. Is this stuff scaled for a full sized spartan or what? Better yet, if anyone could help, I am 5' 5" and from armpit to armpit is 15". Any help is much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back