Halo: Combat Evolved Mk. V Build... so far (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
great helmet!i love the painting and the bubble visor, they makes me want to play halo c.e again!

Good job on putting the cheek bumps on there. It's a detail I've seen a lot of people miss when making the old school Mark V.

dude this is freakin awesome man, i like the reach AR with the lightsaber as the grip =P but aawesome job man =D

Good job on putting the cheek bumps on there. It's a detail I've seen a lot of people miss when making the old school Mark V.

I almost didn't put them on. They looked kinda dumb before painting. However, I knew it would bug me if didn't add them. After painting, I'm really glad I did.

Anyway, I have a quick question regarding the wiring. I need some suggestions of how to bundle all the cables. Right now it's a rats nest inside. I considered wrapping everything together with electrical tape and then hot gluing it all to the inside of the helmet. I'm afraid I might pull some connections when tapping. So, if anyone has any better suggestion, please drop a line.

this helm is going to be my next proj. for the CE anniversary edition

I'm really hoping to have mine finished for the release. But with school starting back up, I'm going to be hard pressed to finish. We'll see what happens. Worst case scenario: I walk in wearing jeans, a leather jacket, and a mk V helmet XD

Despite the helmet being a low def model, I really like the way it turned out. You are doing a really good job on this. Keep up your great work, and I hope my work turns out as well.

Hey! I appreciate all the comments/advice you guys are throwing my way. This forum was definitely worth the effort to read and post! So, the helmet is finished... or at least for the time being. I want to add a spandex/flexible cloth to the opening I cut into the back for some added support but I'm in no hurry. Lights are wired and tucked away, and the padding has been installed. Tonight I print the chest and I begin the arduous task of yet another weekend of folding and gluing. This is what I've got!

6055279286_134d17bce0.jpg
[/url] P8180344 by Fudz073, on Flickr[/IMG]

6055286446_862e3ef245.jpg
[/url] P8180346 by Fudz073, on Flickr[/IMG]

6055283032_9964a1f6a9.jpg
[/url] P8180345 by Fudz073, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hey guys. Quick question to all you veterans. I've been enjoying my helmet, wearing it around in such, but I feel it may be too big. Depending on how I look I at it in the mirror while wearing it, it can go either way - to big or just right. Is this because I'm simply not wearing the rest of the armor? Not sure. Wanted to post pic but my camera died before I could snap a shot. So, if anyone out there has had this same experience, drop a line. I'd be really upset if I ended up as a bobble head master chief.

I'm simply not wearing the rest of the armor?

You answered your own question! :D

Yes, a correctly scaled helmet will look too large if that's the only thing you're wearing. It will come into it's own and look fine when you wear the rest of the armor, especially the chest.

Once you get the rest of the armor done, it will be more obvious if it is not the right size. I have always thought, that if the helmet can go smaller and still fit you, (with the padding and everything) then most of the time it will look better if it is smaller. I have noticed that the Halo CE helmet is usually too big when someone makes the suit.

Build the chest and shoulders first, and then post pictures, and we can see if it is too large.

I want to add a spandex/flexible cloth to the opening I cut into the back for some added support but I'm in no hurry.

The back of my helmet is made out of foamies that have been resined for strength and velcro into place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back