First Foam Special Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis4451

I believe I am finally ready to begin my first foam project. Wish me luck. But first here is a few pics of practice. I did it to see how I work without using numbers.
IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0068.jpg

Now that that's over with, here is what I am looking to build.
odst_sgt_johnson.jpg

Yeah that's right!! I haven't seen anyone go around like him. I hope to be the first. If I am mistaken please let me know with pics.

Now credit where credit is due (so far):

Hughs – core – thigh – chest – abs – side – boot cover – fanny pack – hips - crotch
Rino626 – foam technique
Hive – foam technique
Crackhead09 – gaumtlets
Ruze789 – WETA – knee – legs

Update:

Got all the pieces printed, cut, and traced onto the foam.

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

Got all but 2 pieces (part of the neck) all laid out.
Getting a hot knife tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words.

Update:

Foam is cut and laid out. Some parts are already glued together. Pic time!

IMAG0080.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

Got a work week ahead of me so I'll post when I get a chance. Otherwise posting on Monday.

Sorry for your loss buddy. My prayers are with you and your family.

Update:

Finally got the chest core together. left one side open so I can get it off and on. I realized as I was about finished I would not be able to put it on if I added the front neck piece cause I'm just bigger. I will probably buy some leather or something black and stretchy to use for the neck. Suggestions welcome as to what to use. OK pic time!

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

Sweet! I haven't seen a sgt johnson yet. Can't wait to see it finished man. Nice foam work btw. Keep it up!

Update:

I took today to work through a hurricane, but it was mostly gone by the time I got up this morning. Hopefully the power doesn't go out while doing this. I worked on the left thigh. Foam assembly completed. Got a lot of sanding to do with this one. Hopefully what I learned will make the right one easier. PIC TIME!!

IMAG0123.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

That's my little grunt!! (hopefully)

If you're wondering, the plates will be made of a different type of foam so it will be easier for me to sit down when needed.

Man, I always loved Johnson, (no homo) he was just as good as the Chief. I hope this all goes as planned and good luck on the rest of the build! It looks great!

Update:

Been busy today since I had another day off.

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

X2 of course

The build is going OK but I do see that I will need to sand a lot after all is said and glued. I've touched melted hot glue about 2X each piece which means I will soon be immune to touching melted hot glue pretty soon and will eventually glue myself to one of my pieces. To speed up the process, I am looking into buying a used scroll saw. Since I am out of hot glue and foam, I guess I'll pick one up this weekend when shopping for materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back