**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boots are rockin man. Great job!
Thighs coming along nicely as well :)

Boots look awesome. The thighs are coming along great as well.

Thanks! Glad someone is liking this thread.

I've got a little more to show off. I managed to get the spot putty sanded down today...

DSCN0926.jpg

As many may know, there is a detail missing from the side of the thighs that is pretty obvious, so today I focused on getting this detail added...
DSCN0927.jpg

I cut these from 1/16" thick mat board (like I do most of my details)...
DSCN0929.jpg

I attached them to the thighs with hot glue...
DSCN0930.jpg

...and coated over them with spot putty...
DSCN0931.jpg

As soon as the putty dries, I'll sand it down as well and the thighs will be ready for paint!

That's it for now.

I like it. A lot. Keep at it, I cannot wait to see more!

Did you scratch-build that detail or did you dig up a template online somewhere? Either way, it is looking good.

Did you scratch-build that detail or did you dig up a template online somewhere? Either way, it is looking good.

The detail pieces were scratch-built by looking at reference pictures of the in-game armor.

I worked on my thighs a little more tonight. I managed to get them as far as getting the silver coat onto them. Here's a pic...

DSCN0932.jpg

And here is a pic showing how they fit my legs...

DSCN0934.jpg

And one more of the added detail...

DSCN0937.jpg

Tomorrow, I'll be able to finish up the main paint job (get the next primer layer down, then the armor color, then two coats of flat clear coat). Then on Monday, I'll distress it and get to work on the inner thighs and the strapping. After the thighs are finished, it's onto the cod!

Edit: 19,000+ views. Nice.

Looking spiffy man. :) Looks like they fit well too. I am still being stubborn and not working on mine yet lol

At this rate, we'll finish our suits at the same time! :p

Ha! I doubt that since it seems that all you have left for your suit is the boots. The rest of your armor looks amazing though!

Got another update. As I said I would, I got the thighs painted up tonight. The clear coat is on and will dry until tomorrow night, when I will distress them and start to work on the inner thighs. Once the inner thighs are complete and attached, I will get the lights and strapping installed and the thighs will be complete! Here are a couple of pics...

DSCN0939.jpg

DSCN0944.jpg

And I just need some extra opinions. I've been fiddling around with the size for my bicep pieces. This is only the second size I've tried, and I think I have it. What do you all think (this is a Low Def tester BTW)???

DSCN0946copy.jpg

It looks about right to me, but a few extra eyes couldn't hurt.

Anyway, that's it for this update.

Your build is coming along quite awesome! Loving the undersuit :)

As for the scale, I'm not very knowledgeable about the Mk VI so I can't really offer a whole lot of input...but I'd just be sure that your undersuit can fit comfortably underneath. It looks like it may get a bit tight along the bottom, but it may just be the photo.

Excited to see more! :D

Looks to be about the right size! Mine, in comparison, are huge because they fit about my pressure suit.

I went ahead and scaled the bicep size up another 5mm just to be safe. Thanks for the input.

I've been a little busy working on my thighs the past few days. I finished up the paint job...

DSCN0949.jpg

DSCN0950.jpg

Then I cut out the openings for the lights and installed the diffusers and boarders...

DSCN0960.jpg

I just have to get the lights, battery packs and switches installed and that will be set.

Then I had the opportunity to make the first addition to my undersuit...

DSCN0948.jpg

... so I can attach the thighs using these...

DSCN0953.jpg

Tomorrow I will start working on the inner thighs, but I will wait until I get the electronics installed before I attach them in order to keep the electronic installation simpler.

I did a test fit last night with the undersuit and thighs with the new strapping system, works like a charm. I'll post pictures of it soon.

Got the inner thighs attached. I decided to go ahead and attach them since I had the foam on hand, and still have to go out to get the electronics for the lights. Here are the pics...

DSCN0964.jpg

DSCN0965.jpg

DSCN0966.jpg

I still need to coat them with some Plasti-Dip. Then I need to sand some of the thickness on the inside since the thighs fit a little tight now. They still pull up on my leg fine, but they're just a little too tight for me comfort-wise.

Since my cod/belt is back at my old place, I'll have to put it off until I can get back to get it. Until then, once I am finished with the thighs, I will shift my focus onto the gauntlets.

Build is coming along very nicely :) I am enjoying watching it

holy crap... this is looking SICK. keep up the great work, man

Thanks! I think it's really starting to come along now! I finished up the major work on my thighs tonight. I got a sanding wheel for my drill and took some thickness off the inside of the foam making up the inner thighs. They fit much better now. I also put a coat of Plasti-Dip onto the outside of the foam to seal them and turn them more black. Here is a pic...

DSCN0976.jpg

And since it's going to be a while before I get access to my electronics, I'll consider the thighs finished for now. So, here is an updated picture of my overall completion...

Suit.jpg

I'm going to start to work on my gauntlets now since my cod is inaccessible as well. Let me know what you think!

This continues to look absolutely amazing buddy!! Everything is great, but I'm especially fond of the thighs for some reason. They look incredibly smooth, and the hybrid approach looks fantastic.

-Matt

Quick update. I got a couple of coats of resin on the gauntlets, and since it was raining yesterday and I couldn't fiberglass them, I started this...

DSCN0977.jpg

DSCN0979.jpg

DSCN0978.jpg

I'm working on the right bicep now. This model, however, is a real pain. Much more intricate of a model than any other piece of this build so far (except for MAYBE the helmet). Once I get the other bicep pepped, I'll resin both and fiberglass the biceps and the gauntlets at the same time. I should be heading back to the inlaws' this weekend, where my cod piece is currently stored, so I should be able to get back on that next week. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back