**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great! The pieces are coming out amazing, you can really tell that you're devoting a lot of time to each piece.

2 things:
1) Could you post a link to your modified cod piece that includes the supports?
2) You don't list the cod in your credits post.

Ok, for anyone interested, here is a link to the supports I have designed to work with Crackhead09's HD Mk VI Codpiece...

http://www.4shared.com/file/UN-qXrEd/Cod_Support.html

Here is essentially what you get when you download this file...

CodSupport.jpg

Keep in mind that you will still need the cod file itself, but you can skip printing the support structures that come with that file. When you scale the file for the new support structure, use the same measurements as the base file for the cod. Also, the interior bracing will need to be transferred to a rigid medium (foam core, bass wood, or something like that). Using the paper on its own WILL NOT WORK. The side walls can be left as paper.

I managed to finish up fiberglassing my codpiece today (once again, the resin is curing as I type this, hopefully it does not take so long to fully cure this time). The back part of the cod is as hard as a rock, but the model is still nice and light, which is exactly what I love about fiberglass, all the strength, not a lot of the weight. I guess I still have to bondo the outside, so we'll see how it feels when it's finished, which hopefully will be by the end of next week, then onto the torso!

Looks like you've solved a worldwide epidemic there man, now if only you could cure cancer lol. Noticed your new profile pic, looks nice!

Tonight, I finished up the biceps!

DSCN1115.jpg

I got the lights installed. Then I put in the strapping...

DSCN1116.jpg

Unfortunately, I had to remove the foam detailing for now. With all the extras inside the armor, everything was fitting too tightly. I'll be able to put the detail back in later, but it will be about an inch lower than it was. Here you can see the components a little more clearly...

DSCN1119.jpg

Well, now I've got no more excuses keeping me from the cod piece. Tomorrow, I start to focus on that.

Looking righteous man. Thanks for the link by the way... even though i already finished building the cod lol

I took my cod piece outside today to get it cleaned up. I used a dremel cutting wheel to cut the support walls off, then I switched over to a dremel sander and cleaned up some of the edges and resin runs. Here is where I ended up tonight...

DSCN1122.jpg

DSCN1120.jpg

I also made some general markings for detail when I start bondoing.

DSCN1123.jpg

I did not get to bondo tonight since there is a good chance for rain tonight, and it looks like it might, and I'd rather not risk it.

Also, tonight I started this...

DSCN1125.jpg

DSCN1126.jpg

This is the Mk VI chest found in L3X BLU3R1V3R's file database HERE. I'll tell you right now, this file is not for a beginner. Besides being a rather large piece, it's set up to be a smooth model, so there are a lot of pieces that need extra attention, like this one...

PepPiece.jpg

You have to have enough experience with pep-work to be able to think "Ok, there needs to be a cut here, a mountain fold here and a cut there" where no lines in fact exist. It's going together well so far, but it's going to take a while.

Anyway, there's where I am. Tell me what you think.

Looking good, as to the pep file...Ha, that should be no trouble for artist of you'er skill level. ;)

Looking righteous man. Thanks for the link by the way... even though i already finished building the cod lol

Omg that's awsome, it's good to see someone who still likes halo 3 armor!

Looking good, as to the pep file...Ha, that should be no trouble for artist of you'er skill level. ;)

Thanks to everyone!

I got the first run of bondo work down on the cod piece tonight. I almost didn't start because it looked like it was going to rain, but I figured that I had put it off for long enough, and even though I felt a few drops, the rain held off. Here are the pics of where I'm at...

DSCN1130.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

DSCN1133.jpg

DSCN1134.jpg

Obviously, it still needs some clean up and a bit of detailing, but it's dark now, so...

Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'll probably pep a little more of my chest tonight just to get something else done. It's getting close!

Part two of the bondo work for the cod...

DSCN1137.jpg

DSCN1138.jpg

DSCN1143.jpg

DSCN1145.jpg

I have one more phase left for the bondo process. Then it's time to split the cod into a few pieces to get it ready for strapping.

Tonight, I also managed to get this far with the torso...

DSCN1146.jpg

It's going a little slowly, but it's because of all the added attention some of the pieces require. Otherwise, it's going smoothly.

That's it for tonight.

Nice work on the cod so far. I already have one pepped and resined, but am debating on rebuilding in foam. Not sure yet. Also, if I didn't tell you already, your pep work is outstanding. The parts you've done on the torso were the easy ones, the middle of the back was a pain for me. Ugghh...little folds, big fingers. Anyway bro, great job all around!:D

Looks great! You're definitely putting more detail into it than mine.

Like I said man, I've got to do something you haven't already done.

Nice work on the cod so far. I already have one pepped and resined, but am debating on rebuilding in foam. Not sure yet. Also, if I didn't tell you already, your pep work is outstanding. The parts you've done on the torso were the easy ones, the middle of the back was a pain for me. Ugghh...little folds, big fingers. Anyway bro, great job all around!:D

I'm finding that out very quickly. However, with the torso file I've chosen, I won't have to worry about the tiny little nubs on the lower back, since in this file they are floating faces.

Thank you both!

I didn't get any work done on my cod piece tonight, I was a little run down and wasn't feeling up to it, but I did get a bit more of my torso pepped...

DSCN1148.jpg

If you look at this picture, you can start to see one reason I chose this particular file. The peck areas on the front of the chest are modeled so that they are pretty much rounded from the beginning. That way, there will be less bondo work needed, which means less sanding!

DSCN1149.jpg

Then to the back. I started by assembling the shoulder areas. Now I'm working on the upper back. The shoulders are ready to connect to the portion of the back that is put together, but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to do this, so I have time to put more onto the model to reinforce it.

DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1152.jpg

That's it for tonight. Hopefully, I can get back to my cod tomorrow, as I only have one more bondo session before it's ready to move into the separation stage.

Anyway, thanks for watching!

Whose chest model is that? I looked through all of my files and never saw one that was built like that.

It's Flying_Squirl's model unfolded by L3X BLU3R1V3R. I provided a link in post 288. The way I'm building this, however, is kind of a hybrid. Since it's F_S's model just unfolded with a different method, I can use parts from F_S's unfold to supplement LB's unfold. There are a few parts that are too impossible to properly fold, so I take it from F_S's. Also, there are a few parts that I would like to have on the model that are not there in LB's unfold, so I take them from F_S's. So, it works out pretty nice.

Moving right along...

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1157.jpg

DSCN1158.jpg

The torso is nearly pepped, just the under-strapping to go. As you can see in the third picture, I've kept up with the supports, and I must say that they are absolutely essential. The two struts near the front (flanking the strut in the very front) pushed the sides of the pecs out a good inch or so, holding them into place nicely. Without those particular supports, I imagine that the pecs would have sagged a bit, possibly warped badly. The middle of the lower back will likely need reinforcing, since you can see in the second picture that it is currently curved. I'll see how it looks when the torso is pepped and all the supports are in place, but I imagine that it will need some sort of backing before the floating faces are applied.

The cod is still in the same condition as I have not had a chance to work on it for a while. I had an office party Friday night, I was out of town this weekend, and have an orientation for my daughter's preschool tomorrow night. So, I probably won't get to work on it tomorrow night either. Rest assured though, that I will get it finished before the end of the month, and I've got what I think is a clever way of finishing the cod, so keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back