**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's been a while, but, yes, I'm still working on this project believe it or not. Here is the latest update featuring the introduction of my first weapon for this build, the Battle Rifle.

BR55 Battle Rifle
File Info:
Sketchup Model: FuriousGeorge (Google 3D Warehouse)
Modified and Prepped: Carpathiavh99

Since the Battle Rifle is one of the most recognizable weapons in Halo 3, i opted to build one for my armor. A while back, I attempted an HD version pep. While it came out fairly nice, it was still a little too sloppy for me. This time, I decided to edit an existing file and transform it into a hybrid build. The way I've designed this build, it is part scratchbuild, part pep and part slice. Here are a few pics to illustrate my point...

This is a picture of the file in one piece...
BR.jpg

This is a picture of the file blown up...
BRBlowup.jpg

Now, the purpose of all this is to greatly simplify the build, since pepping all the details on this weapon is tedious and rarely turns out well enough. As an added bonus, I currently have access to a laser cutter, and will be cutting all the sliced portions using that, so the cuts will be very precise and the detail great. I'll be posting at least one vid showing the laser cutting process.

As of now, I've pepped a few of the pieces, namely the top row of components including the ammo counter/scope rail, and the two pieces located behind it. Here are a few pics of my progress...
DSCN0356.jpg

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

DSCN0362.jpg

And since I need a way to harden these elements, I've cut out access voids from the undersides of each piece...
DSCN0364.jpg

...that way I can pour in whatever hardening agent I decide to use in the near future.

As far as the scope and the barrel, they will be scratch built, most likely out of PVC.

When I am comfortable with it, I will release this file so anyone who wishes can build this weapon.
Hope you enjoy. Keep watching and please let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I definitely missed seeing the BR model. I've wished for something exactly like what you did for a while now. Are you going to make it available? Or should I contact you? If not, I understand.
I love what you are doing with your suit. This makes me wish I could get back to working on mine but school takes over my time.
I can't wait to see more on the BR and your neck seal looks great!

Sorry for being so late to the game on this, but this build is fantastic. I'll have to second what thorn said and say, very well done on the bondo. Awesome work all around so far. Helmet & neck seal both look great!

Wow, I definitely missed seeing the BR model. I've wished for something exactly like what you did for a while now. Are you going to make it available? Or should I contact you? If not, I understand.
Oh my God! That Battle Rifle file looks incredible!! I surely hope you do release it!

Thanks everyone for the comments. I know it's a slow going project, but seeing as how I'm finally graduating in May, school has to come first for now. It is, however, great to see praise from so many people who have inspired me to work on this.

And, regarding the rifle file, don't worry. It's not a question of "if" it will be released, but rather "when." I'll be cutting all the floating face parts this week on the laser cutter and this will help to verify the sizing of all the parts. After that, it's just a matter of tweaking some of the pep parts, getting them unfolded and organized and putting the file together as one cohesive file for release. I'm hoping by the end of the year to have something for you all. So, thanks again and keep watching.

Another quick update. I've managed to pep a few more pieces of the battle rifle. These two pieces include the barrel exert points and the heat sync located just behind. The only thing left to pep now is the foregrip, but I plan on waiting until I have the majority of the weapon put together before building that since there may be an issue with it fitting properly.

I'll be getting the material for the sliced portions tomorrow and plan on laser cutting them on wednesday. Keep an eye out for that update.

As with most of my builds, the floating faces (along with the sliced portions) are 1/16" thick. This is pretty standard for the thickness of matte board found in the frame department of craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Also, by making the floating faces and slices thinner, a bit more detail can be achieved.

Here's just one more picture to keep everyone's interest, since the video will take another day or two to be completed and released...

DSCN0442.jpg

Enjoy, comment and stay tuned.

Here is the first part in the series of videos that will follow the construction of this rifle. I'll be posting progress pictures later, but all the pictures are in the video. Technically, this belongs either in the Weapons forum or Armor Related Videos forum, but since it's part of my MkVI build, it's here. Enjoy!

Here is the first part in the series of videos that will follow the construction of this rifle. I'll be posting progress pictures later, but all the pictures are in the video. Technically, this belongs either in the Weapons forum or Armor Related Videos forum, but since it's part of my MkVI build, it's here. Enjoy!

Awesome video, dude!!

Thanks for the comment ACDCrocker! I almost did not post part 2 since no one seemed to be interested, but as long as someone is watching, I'll continue them.

Here is part 2, putting together one of the pep parts of the rifle. This video also gives a glimpse of how I construct a pep project, whether it be armor or weapons. Enjoy, and please, comment.

this is really looking amazing! And i actually learned a few tricks from your second video that i plan on using in the future! Also, im really looking forward to you releasing this file!!!

BR55 Battle Rifle
File Info:
Sketchup Model: FuriousGeorge (Google 3D Warehouse)
Modified and Prepped: Carpathiavh99
Link to file: http://www.4shared.com/file/RKRLmGa1/BR55_Battle_Rifle_V1.html

Alright, ladies and gentlement. I know I said that I hoped to have something by the end of the year for you all. Well, I didn't lie. With the way the rifle is fitting together, I feel that it is good enough for release (at least an initial test version). I've updated the OP with the link (also found in the quote). There are a lot of parts that are not placed on paperspace, and this is intentional (you will have to zoom out to see them all). Instructions are included within the file, so take a look at them first. Anyone with questions can contact me here. It may look like a bit much at first, but, trust me, this is a heck of a lot easier than pepping the entire weapon (trust me, I've tried it).

Anyway, enjoy, and as always, comment and keep watching.

I almost did not post part 2 since no one seemed to be interested, but as long as someone is watching, I'll continue them.
Very cool! Can't wait to see Part 3!

Alright, ladies and gentlement. I know I said that I hoped to have something by the end of the year for you all. Well, I didn't lie. With the way the rifle is fitting together, I feel that it is good enough for release (at least an initial test version). I've updated the OP with the link (also found in the quote). There are a lot of parts that are not placed on paperspace, and this is intentional (you will have to zoom out to see them all). Instructions are included within the file, so take a look at them first. Anyone with questions can contact me here. It may look like a bit much at first, but, trust me, this is a heck of a lot easier than pepping the entire weapon (trust me, I've tried it).

Anyway, enjoy, and as always, comment and keep watching.
Deffinately going to try my hand at building me a BR! Thank you so much, carpathiavh99!

OMG thats awesome wish I could cut peps in under 30mins...speaking of cutting I was watching that cricut cutting machine program (prolly answered somewhere) any idea if it works for peps?

OMG thats awesome wish I could cut peps in under 30mins...speaking of cutting I was watching that cricut cutting machine program (prolly answered somewhere) any idea if it works for peps?

The cricut is useless when it comes to pep. It only cuts preset shapes. What you want to look into is the Silhouette or Craftrobo.

I haven't been able to work on the battle rifle since it's at home and I'm at school, but I have been busy with something else...

DSCN0567.jpg

This is the stomach section of the undersuit. It's made from vinyl (much easier to work with than leather), and all the stitches are hand sewn. It's not quite finished yet, I still have to put the center ab plate. Not quite sure what I'm going to use. If anyone has any suggestions for something that looks like this...

img_3759.jpg

...let me know. The second pic is Bluerealm Studio's undersuit, and far superior to most of anything I've seen.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm officially on Thanksgiving break (sort of, I still have to build a model, rewrite a manifesto, and create a few reports for a construction project I'm following, all for school), so I hope to get a little more work done on the battle rifle and pick the undersuit back up when I come back to school.

Let me know what you all think! Keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back