**Carpathia's Mk VI Armor: Master Chief Going into Cryostasis!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great vids! Loving the look of the whole project too. Can't wait to attempt my own BR like this one now :) Looking forward to more updates after your break.

For the thatched middle section you could try to find a thin rubber floor mat with the same design, cut your shape and superglue it on. You could also try athin (2 or 3 mm) crafting foam patch and use a soldering iron to burn the lines on, or if you have a nice gluegun and a steady hand lay down the thatchwork with hotglue. Oh, and great looking helm, reminds me of Longshot-x's

Excellent work, loving keeping up with awesome builds such as these.

Quick question, what did you use as a seal for the opening of your helmet? I'm looking to do the same, to avoid scratching/cutting my head up to much when putting on the helmet.

Thanks everyone for your compliments. I've not been able to work as much as I'd like on the build since school is in its final weeks and the workload is piling on, but I have managed to get the back portion of my undersuit started. I'll have some pictures of that up when it's complete.

For the thatched middle section you could try to find a thin rubber floor mat with the same design, cut your shape and superglue it on. You could also try athin (2 or 3 mm) crafting foam patch and use a soldering iron to burn the lines on, or if you have a nice gluegun and a steady hand lay down the thatchwork with hotglue. Oh, and great looking helm, reminds me of Longshot-x's

I had thought of using foam. I may take your suggestion of a soldering iron and try to find some diamond shape, create a durable stencil and try to get the effect that way. Although, I won't be using any glue for the undersuit, it's all going to be sewn. Thanks for your suggestion.

Quick question, what did you use as a seal for the opening of your helmet? I'm looking to do the same, to avoid scratching/cutting my head up to much when putting on the helmet.

For the lining around the helmet opening, I used automotive edge trim. It's intended for car door edges, but works very well for this application as well. Here is a picture of the exact product I used...

221566758.jpg

It's available at just about every automotive supply store (O'Reily's, Advance Auto Parts, etc), and it's fairly inexpensive (at most about $15) and there is a lot in a package, enough for half a dozen helmets I'd guess. Also, when you apply it to your helmet, you may have to cut a little off one side of the length of the trim. I had to do this because the trim was too tight to fit unaltered. It's a little difficult to explain, so if it is unclear, let me know and I'll try to get some pictures up to clarify.

Anyway, there's only 2 weeks left of school before the fall semester lets out. After that I should be able to get back on my BR and get the next series of vids up. So, keep an eye out.

Thanks everyone for your compliments. I've not been able to work as much as I'd like on the build since school is in its final weeks and the workload is piling on, but I have managed to get the back portion of my undersuit started. I'll have some pictures of that up when it's complete.

I had thought of using foam. I may take your suggestion of a soldering iron and try to find some diamond shape, create a durable stencil and try to get the effect that way. Although, I won't be using any glue for the undersuit, it's all going to be sewn. Thanks for your suggestion.

For the lining around the helmet opening, I used automotive edge trim. It's intended for car door edges, but works very well for this application as well. Here is a picture of the exact product I used...

221566758.jpg

It's available at just about every automotive supply store (O'Reily's, Advance Auto Parts, etc), and it's fairly inexpensive (at most about $15) and there is a lot in a package, enough for half a dozen helmets I'd guess. Also, when you apply it to your helmet, you may have to cut a little off one side of the length of the trim. I had to do this because the trim was too tight to fit unaltered. It's a little difficult to explain, so if it is unclear, let me know and I'll try to get some pictures up to clarify.

Anyway, there's only 2 weeks left of school before the fall semester lets out. After that I should be able to get back on my BR and get the next series of vids up. So, keep an eye out.

Awesome man, much appreciated!

And I feel ya with the college pressure, I'm anxious for it to be over as well. Keep us posted with the progress!

Just another quick update. I got the back portion of my torso underarmor put together. I still have to make the central thatched section for both the front and the back, but I figured I'd post my progress so far.

DSCN0599.jpg

After next tuesday (my last final exam) I should be able to get back on my rifle. I want to get as much bondoing done before the real cold weather sets in.

Lookin good, love that undersuit, you're giving me the itch to do some more work on my midsection.
I looked on the bluerealm website for the thatchwork and Adam says he used a thin car floormat from Wal-mart. Good ol wally world.

Lookin good, love that undersuit, you're giving me the itch to do some more work on my midsection.
I looked on the bluerealm website for the thatchwork and Adam says he used a thin car floormat from Wal-mart. Good ol wally world.

Interesting. I'll have to take a trip to good old wally world (hilarious that someone else calls it that too) and see what I've missed. Seems you CAN find just about anything there.

Love the undersuit! I've been keeping an eye on your build even though I feel out of the game here. Being away at school takes up my time..

I hear you about school. It sucks being tied up and not able to work on my armor or my rifle. I have managed to make a lot of progress with the undersuit, it's partially wearable now!! I connected the front and back portions with this detail...

DSC04926.jpg

I connected the front to the sides with a strip of vinyl and the back to the sides with elastic so there is some give when I put it on. Here is how it fits...

DSCN0612.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

Now I just have to make a shoulder harness and a part to connect the bottom of the front and back that will go down between my legs (that'll be interesting). The shoulder harness will be to hold the stomach/back section in place and to provide an attachment point for the shoulder/arm portion of the undersuit. I also plan to attach a strap to the bottom of the front and back portion for the thigh armor in the future.

I still have to put the thatched piece on the front and back and, depending on the material, it should stiffen up the back a bit so it doesn't wrinkle so much. The fact that my lower back is arched more than the average person doesn't help in that regard, and it also makes my stomach stick out a little farther than I'd like (that and I need to lose a few pounds).

Anyway, that's it for now. Let me know what you think!

That is starting to look epic.
For the back wrinkling maybe shoulder straps for tension, like suspenders and combined with joining the front and back between your legs to keep tension in the opposite direction.

Nearly finished with the torso undersuit. I got the hatched panels installed, attached the bottom of the front and back, and made a harness to complete the connection points. The only thing left are the shoulder panels. I will be attaching them to the straps so the entire thing is one piece. Here are a few pics...

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

And a few of everything put together...

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

The thatched panels are three layers of craft foam glued together and sprayed with plasti-dip. As I thought, the panel helped stiffen the back up a bit, the harness helped too.

Now that school is out for the semester, it's time to get the fires lit on this project again. I plan on getting a lot of work done on both my Battle Rifle and my armor. The shins and thighs are both resined and awaiting a time to get hardened, hopefully that will be soon.

That's it for now, let me know what you think and keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back