Halo Reach Elite Sculpt (Well Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait!!! you get a life Too, That's just not fair......... In other News. Love the build so far, and well, I guess we can wait for you're next post. :D

This is truly beautiful, the detail astounds me and you put so much time and effort into this that it simply can't go wrong. Keep up the good work, you've given me lots of ideas as well, though it will have to be a while before I get my sculpting skill to over 9000 just like yours.

That looks almost lifelike...creeps the hell outta me

such a beautiful build, and money once again puts a challenge on life. keep this puppy safe.

It's finally nice to see the aliens getting a little love now. I'm most impressed with the sculpted head; are you only using it as a modelling surface for the costume bits? Or is that eventually going to turn into a full-body costume for yourself?

I appreciate eveyones comments. Sadly, this project as been put on the back burner. I'm Having a hard time getting motivated on it. I had to re-sculpt the nose part and, it's a big molding job that I'm afraid I'm not yet ready to tackle, I hope i can finish it, but It may be bigger than I can handle. I guess we'll see. Thanks again for all the wonderful comments.

I really enjoy looking at the sculpts that people do here, and this is one of the ones that have real detail that make an almost life-like copy. Great work!

Dude this is going to be such an awesome build, well already is! I was following this build a while ago but some how have missed it for the last few weeks, loving the progress.

hey great job!!! great art work too!! u make the elite come to life with awesome sculpting!! keep up the work!

I really enjoy looking at the sculpts that people do here, and this is one of the ones that have real detail that make an almost life-like copy. Great work!

looks bad ass cant wait for this to be done. and luv the helm u choose for this........

Dude this is going to be such an awesome build, well already is! I was following this build a while ago but some how have missed it for the last few weeks, loving the progress.

Sorry guys for not responding, I've been so busy lately with stuff. I really do appreciate the comments though. I don't really have an update, but I have a renewed sense of how to complete this.

Some of you may have known my issues surrounding why I haven't touched this in so long, but If you don't, here it is. Lol, I've been stuck in a place where I can't figure out how to go further with the sculpt. I blame it on my lack of experience. However, I think I was approaching certain things the wrong way. Like trying to do the whole thing with one sculpt. This may sound dumb, but after watching back to back episodes of face off, I think I've figured out a plan of attack to complete this.lol

1. I'm going to focus on everything except the inside of the mouth. This will include fully detailing out the rest of the skin, outside of mandibles and lower lip around the neck.

2. I will then mold a hard copy of the outside.

3. I will pour a cast using a urethane based resin.

4. once I get the hard copy. I will sculpt the mouth parts. inner lip, jaw and teeth.

5. I will mold the inner mouth and mandible parts seperately and install those in the final copy.

This will most likely get started in about a week or two, so hopefully I'll have some progress for you guys.

Thanks again for all those who have checked this build out.

Tony

Sorry guys for not responding, I've been so busy lately with stuff. I really do appreciate the comments though. I don't really have an update, but I have a renewed sense of how to complete this.

Some of you may have known my issues surrounding why I haven't touched this in so long, but If you don't, here it is. Lol, I've been stuck in a place where I can't figure out how to go further with the sculpt. I blame it on my lack of experience. However, I think I was approaching certain things the wrong way. Like trying to do the whole thing with one sculpt. This may sound dumb, but after watching back to back episodes of face off, I think I've figured out a plan of attack to complete this.lol

1. I'm going to focus on everything except the inside of the mouth. This will include fully detailing out the rest of the skin, outside of mandibles and lower lip around the neck.

2. I will then mold a hard copy of the outside.

3. I will pour a cast using a urethane based resin.

4. once I get the hard copy. I will sculpt the mouth parts. inner lip, jaw and teeth.

5. I will mold the inner mouth and mandible parts seperately and install those in the final copy.

This will most likely get started in about a week or two, so hopefully I'll have some progress for you guys.

Thanks again for all those who have checked this build out.

Tony

With those plans I see lots of $$$$$$$$ coming out of your pockets lol

That sounds good. I'd say that if you did a closed mouth casting of it then you can cut it open and then add the teeth and other details saving you time. Keep us posted tho because this is to awesome not to.

With those plans I see lots of $$$$$$$$ coming out of your pockets lol

Well, thats why i appreciate you picking up the tab on this one buddy...lol

This is quite a large project!
I myself have never worked with clay befor, so I find it quite interesting.

Yeah man, I think it may have been a little to much for me to handle, but I refuse to let this go. Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it.

That sounds good. I'd say that if you did a closed mouth casting of it then you can cut it open and then add the teeth and other details saving you time. Keep us posted tho because this is to awesome not to.

yeah man, thats the plan. Seems to be what otheres do on similar type sculpts. Thanks for viewing Thorn, I appreciate it.

Not much of an update. Anyways, I finally got a couple extra tools in and decided to work on this abandoned project a little. I need to hurry up and finish this so I can mold it before I move.

All I really did was roughly reshape the nose.

bfb3ae01.jpg

63688fc3.jpg

0c3435e4.jpg

So, its not dead yet, just the longest sculpt in history that’s all.

Thanks for viewing.

Tony

Next update scheduled tentatively at 6/30/2012....Stay tuned...lol

Whooot.....He's got the tools in hand, and is back at it. :D
Thanks man!!! I'm trying...lol
Your sculpt is coming together beautifully. The details around the face are giving this a lot of personality. Keep it up man.
Thanks for noticing my man. I'm trying to capture an angry pissed off look. Hopefully I can get this beast finished soon. I plan on focusing 100% on this until I mold. So wish me luck.

Thanks again for viewing guys, I appreciate the feedback!

Tony

Okay, a little lunch time sculpt session.

614766e6.jpg

a9536b7c.jpg

I know its not much, but it was only an hours worth of sculpting. With that said, tonight I get gangsta on it...lol.

I am definitely feeling a lot better with the details. It still has a ways to go, but I believe I know the majority of tricks neede to complete this. The veins are just a test, but I want to add them in on the final skin details. Just looks a lot mor real to me. But I may tone them down in the front and make them get larger towards the back of the neck. Well, thanks for viewing.

Tony

The nose and the eye brow detail along with the veins look really great Tony. I honestly like it just the way it is. I'm interested to see what else you do with it.

Awesome work of art you have going here. Love the detailing and texture.

Thanks Thorn! I think I'm getting the hang of the detail. Hoping to finish this rough in of the lines, then I'll work on softning some lines and bringing others out more.

The nose and the eye brow detail along with the veins look really great Tony. I honestly like it just the way it is. I'm interested to see what else you do with it.

Yeah, I think I'm going to keep them. We'll see. But thanks for noticing my man.

I have to agree with Vshore, the veins add that extra level of awesome!

You & Rusty are right, I have to go with my gut on this and keep them, I do lie them too. Thanks my man for the kind comments!

This is looking killer. I have to ask, what do your little ones think of this beast?

Yeah Satchmo is still viewing...lol. Thanks for the comment my man, I appreciate it. About the little one, they love it. But, I told my daughter I was sculpting it for a coat hanger for her room and that it would goo right in front of her bed so it can watch over her at night...lol

Well, heres how the one side is looking guys.

3d40edfa.jpg

Thanks again for all the comment, I greatly appreciate them.

Be good guys!

Tony

I love the multiple texture styles you have working. You have instinctually done something that takes most sculptures years to learn. By using several different techniques to create different texture effects you have given the different areas of the face distinctive skin qualities without loosing overall cohesion. It is a tough thing to do right but you have definately gotten it right here. My only suggestion would be to use a soft damp brush to soften the detials on the back of the neck. (I'm noticing a little "raggedness" to the texture) You put the brush in water and lightly brush the detials. This should help round trenches without destroying them. The result should be a more natural look of leathery skin that has stretched and relaxed over many years of aging. As always test the technique on some scrap clay first until you get the hang of it and to make sure the results match what you want.

Also your plan on the veins should give a very anatomically correct look. The veins in the neck are large and would be more pronounced given the size of muscles in an neck this thick and powerful. As they branch out like a tree into the head and face they become significantly smaller and less pronounced. In the forehead and face area most veins would be best added in the paint stage as they make very little surface detail. Think of them like branches on a tree. The neck would be the trunk area and the face would be the very tips of the branches.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back