Halo Reach Elite Sculpt (Well Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKULA727

Hello all! I thought I would go ahead and start a thread for this. During the Carter/Commando build I got the Idea to do a Reach Elite head sculpt. I’m not sure where this will go, but I would like to eventually mold it, both for urethane and either Latex or Silicone castings. But, I guess I’m getting ahead of myself, I first need a solid model. Wish me luck. It has a long way to go, but I wanted to see what the community thought about this. I’m using multiple reference sources. I like the way the action figure looks, so I took from that as well as Isaac Hannaford’s concept drawings (Which more than likely were the basis for the action figure).

Additional Info:
Helmet File: By SatchmoIII
YOu can view his files Here:SatchmoIII's Model Portfolio Thread

Well, here are some pictures:
IMG_20110806_194602.jpg

IMG_20110806_194612.jpg

IMG_20110806_194624.jpg

IMG_20110806_195448.jpg

Note:

Teeth are just for me to get a basic Idea (not the teeth that will be used)
Detail work has not begun, I still need to flesh things out and smooth. So things like Eyelids, skin folds & textures will come later

Thanks 405thers for viewing my thread. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Finally posted on here, Great job so far. Been watching it on Soaring Hammers forum. Looks like your about to start the fun part, making it look real can't wait awesome job

Interesting project, Blackula727. I look forward to seeing more.

Are you going to mount it on a wall like a trophy from a hunt? Perhaps it would be well complimented by a brute-skin rug stretched across the floor (smiley-face).

Good luck with this project!

Finally posted on here, Great job so far. Been watching it on Soaring Hammers forum. Looks like your about to start the fun part, making it look real can't wait awesome job

Thanks man, hopefully I don't let you down. Maybe I can throw some Ideas around with you on the helmet. I really like your stuff. <--No homo, lol

Interesting project, Blackula727. I look forward to seeing more.

Are you going to mount it on a wall like a trophy from a hunt? Perhaps it would be well complimented by a brute-skin rug stretched across the floor (smiley-face).

Good luck with this project!

lol, I imagined you with a british accent on the Brute throw rug part. Thanks man and stop giving me ideas (Throw rug, lol)

Are you going to make the helmet for it?

Definitely, Maybe our buddy Satchmo would like to make another Pep model for us? Perhaps a reach model that has the mandibles exposed?

@Satchmo, I have a specific helmet in mind that I will either scratch build or if you can model it, I will build it.

Definitely, Maybe our buddy Satchmo would like to make another Pep model for us? Perhaps a reach model that has the mandibles exposed?

@Satchmo, I have a specific helmet in mind that I will either scratch build or if you can model it, I will build it.

I'd love to help. Let me know what you have in mind.

Which helmet are you thinking about doing?

lokking good! will look so good! hope it's as good as your avatar :D

lol...Thank you! I appreciate the comment and thanks for viewing my build.

Well, here is a slight update. I really haven't had any time this week on this particular project. But I fooled around with the eyelids, and update the old and busted test teeth with a little better looking test teeth. It sill a long ways off.

IMG_20110812_070636.jpg

Also, I am aware that the mandibles need work...lol:D

So, I found a little time to mess around with the Mandibles, WHat do you think?

IMG_20110813_171926.jpg

IMG_20110813_172015.jpg

Thanks guys!

Wow blackula, impressive elite model. I myself have actually spent countless hours working up some sketches of a full body elite, and have made plans to create some digitigrade stilts game accurately. Although I have to ask, what type of clay are you using to model the elite?

-Eli

Wow blackula, impressive elite model. I myself have actually spent countless hours working up some sketches of a full body elite, and have made plans to create some digitigrade stilts game accurately. Although I have to ask, what type of clay are you using to model the elite?

-Eli

Thanks my man! I appreciate the feedback. I am using Kleen Klay. Unfortunately they went out of business :( I really like it too.

Update:

Found some time to do a little sculpting today. Tried to make the left side look like the right.

IMG_20110815_154417.jpg

IMG_20110815_154427.jpg

IMG_20110815_154727.jpg

IMG_20110815_154752.jpg

IMG_20110815_154840.jpg

Well, let me know what you think.

Thanks for viewing my thread!

that freakin rocks!!!! wish i could work with clay like that. i can get the shapes i want just don't have the technique to get stuff smooth and perfect...i was debating on my next kit being a covi but don't think i have the mad skills like this to be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back