Halo Reach Elite Sculpt (Well Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, with those teeth in bro, it looks flat out sick. Looking forward to more on this. Best of luck with it.:)

Good golly miss molly! Looks amazing man! Don't rush it on Monday! Take your time because you've made it look perfect so far!!!!

Y know,these elites actualy look alot like these guys ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090887/ The Critters.Its an old 80s horror movie.They scared the **** out of me so much when i was a kid,i had the VHS box and casette burned cuz i didnt want to stumble upon it while searching for a movie in my VHS collection i wanted to watch.Now they seem kind of cute,if you diregard the fact that they shoot needles and have razor sharp teeth...and red glowing snake eyes...lol! XD

Y know,these elites actualy look alot like these guys ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090887/ The Critters.Its an old 80s horror movie.They scared the **** out of me so much when i was a kid,i had the VHS box and casette burned cuz i didnt want to stumble upon it while searching for a movie in my VHS collection i wanted to watch.Now they seem kind of cute,if you diregard the fact that they shoot needles and have razor sharp teeth...and red glowing snake eyes...lol! XD

Oh snap! I just saw the picture! I completely understand why you were scared sh$tless!!

If i was to mount one of those, i would make a general. I love swordfighting those guys on legendary, all the other guys just stand back and watch while I own their leader, and even grunt ultras run away.

Also, I too lol'd at the arbiter when he was n8kdz in halo 2, and the fact that they have no "reproductive parts"
They probably have them, they probably just contract back up inside them or something like a snake's does. pretty confusing.

They can't just leave the arbiters junk hang out to scare some kid like a critter.

That is truly awesome. All of your work is so well made and inspiring.

Tony, with those teeth in bro, it looks flat out sick. Looking forward to more on this. Best of luck with it.:)
Thanks man, I’ll try and get some pictures up. I’ve been real busy with things lately. New responsibilities at work & such. Also, the teeth are currently being redone. I keep making them to big I think.

Good golly miss molly! Looks amazing man! Don't rush it on Monday! Take your time because you've made it look perfect so far!!!!
I’ve followed your direction. I’ve spent more time making the shape look right, I’ve also sculpted someskin detail in the face, but I haven’t figured out the magic touch yet.

Squidly says "NOMNOMNOM!"
Lol…TY

Yay! It doesn't look like a ninja turtle anymore! It looks like an bad a$$ elite officer! Awesome job, man!
Thanks man, I’m trying to do this right.

Ditto. I knew you could pull it off.

Thanks man, means a lot. Hopefully I have some decent updates on this by the weekend.

I cant disagree, they def resemble the elite in the cheeks. I def remember the movie. I’m 33…lol. I just don’t want to grow up.lol :)

Oh snap! I just saw the picture! I completely understand why you were scared sh$tless!!
Yup, they scared me too when I was a young one…lol.

If i was to mount one of those, i would make a general. I love swordfighting those guys on legendary, all the other guys just stand back and watch while I own their leader, and even grunt ultras run away.

Also, I too lol'd at the arbiter when he was n8kdz in halo 2, and the fact that they have no "reproductive parts"
They probably have them, they probably just contract back up inside them or something like a snake's does. pretty confusing.
True!!

Heh heh heh........ arbiter's junk.......heh heh heh
Oh no, Arbiter junk…lol

Yeah i know right. XD
Again, definitely scary…lol

I need to follow up more on my threads, I’m sorry guys, just been super busy. But I do appreciate everyone visiting this thread. Hopefully I don’t disappoint.
Be good 405thers!

@Nick Nack, I can’t wait!! Lol, you are crazy man, love the photos though!

OK, not a major update, but just an update to show that I am still working on it. I had to push back on the detailing (skin folds & stuff) I’m trying to fine tune the shape first. I need to pick up some more clay, but I won’t be able to get to the art store till next week. I have enough to finish the face up over the weekend (hopefully), but the rest of the neck will need to be finished next week. Well here you go.

IMG_20110901_232130.jpg

IMG_20110901_232106.jpg

IMG_20110901_232148.jpg

I had to add more clay to the mandibles, because they were to thin, need to smooth and shape them better.

IMG_20110901_232531.jpg

This is suppose to be the top/side view of the neck.

IMG_20110901_010417.jpg

Then I played some REACH!!

IMG_20110901_234702.jpg

One more thin, I've had somewhat of a major breakthrough with smoothing and skn detailing. The answer is was mineral spirits. i've bee using it to smoothout the model and it has helped tremendously. All in all, i'm using a bunch of metods, to smooth, but I really likethe mineral spirits idea.

Thanks for viewing my thread guys.

-Tony

this update is full of the nomnomnoms. you're doing amazing good sir! the lip? if elites have lips lol are looking amazing!

I have an Idea you could do two molds. One of the smoothed head shape with no teeth and detail to make the urethane cast. Then make a mold of it with all the details and textures for dragon skin or latex for a skin layer. It's just an idea. It looks awesome.

this update is full of the nomnomnoms. you're doing amazing good sir! the lip? if elites have lips lol are looking amazing!

Thank you kind sir! Lol, I appreciate the comment.

I have an Idea you could do two molds. One of the smoothed head shape with no teeth and detail to make the urethane cast. Then make a mold of it with all the details and textures for dragon skin or latex for a skin layer. It's just an idea. It looks awesome.

Thanks for the suggestion man. I am in fact doing two molds. Both will have detail, hopefully I am successful at building both molds, wish me luck..lol. Thanks again for the comments.

@everyone else, thanks for viewing my thread, I appreciate the compliments and suggestions, continue building guys.

@Seraph, give it a try and practice, practice, practice. You never know, you could be great. Keep building!

UPDATE!

I know peeps are going to think I keep putting the same old and busted pics up, but these are definitely new…lol.

Well, I think I’ve dialed in the mandible shape (Still needs little tweeks), let me know what you think, I’ll be detailing the hell out of this during the current week, so hopefully next week I can start the molding process. Let me know guys. It’s definitely taking me longer than I originally expected, but I believe I am getting there.

IMG_20110905_193242.jpg

IMG_20110905_193212.jpg

IMG_20110905_193303.jpg

IMG_20110905_193317.jpg

IMG_20110905_193328.jpg

IMG_20110905_193620.jpg

Just noticed, I need to fix the chin on this...ugh!

IMG_20110905_193825.jpg

Start of the final teeth, I will be choosing the best, sanding, and polishing them and then finally molding them.

IMG_20110906_073729.jpg

Thanks guys for viewing my thread!

-Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back