Halo Reach Elite Sculpt (Well Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, an Elite sized one. Check some pages back and you can see my mess up. I gave Satchmo the wrong measurements, so I ended up with the wrong sized Noggin guard. Anyhoo, I'm rebuilding that bad boy in the next few days. Also, Its 42 pages of big parts, so im not an allstar, its just an easy pep, especially since it has a good layout.

I don't think the first attempt at the helmet was a mess-up at all (I don't believe you think of it exactly as such either). If it was a mess-up, allow me to assume equal blame. Although I hoped it would be right, my heart was slightly weary that the scaling would be dead on with the first pass. I'm glad it was close enough to allow you confidence in doing a re-scale.

You are doing a phenomenal job with the sculpt and you are detailing/sharing something that a lot of people here wish they could attempt. This is a very exciting project. Please keep fighting the good fight.

Ok thanks for the help anyways.

No problem, Good luck on everything!

I don't think the first attempt at the helmet was a mess-up at all (I don't believe you think of it exactly as such either). If it was a mess-up, allow me to assume equal blame. Although I hoped it would be right, my heart was slightly weary that the scaling would be dead on with the first pass. I'm glad it was close enough to allow you confidence in doing a re-scale.

You are doing a phenomenal job with the sculpt and you are detailing/sharing something that a lot of people here wish they could attempt. This is a very exciting project. Please keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks man! Yeah, I used poor words with what I said, It definitely wasn't a mess up, but more of a learning experience and I believe it helped me figure out where I was going wrong with the actual sculpt. I'm also grateful that it happened when it did. I would hate to reshape at this point because its basically finished. once I finish detailing the other side (Right side), I can finally start to mold. I've just been caught up with a commission job lately.

also, I like to share my process because I believe this is how we all grow as builders/artists. I know there is a lot of talent here on the 405th, so if I can show people through pictures of how I did it, then Maybe we can enjoy other peoples builds that may not have happened had we decided not to share.

Thanks guys for viewing my thread, much appreciated!

-Tony

I saw this
I would share it I am sure you have seen it before but the elite head they have looks like yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
i gotta ask cause i havent really found it around but where in the world did you get that sexy reach pilot helmet?

i gotta ask cause i havent really found it around but where in the world did you get that sexy reach pilot helmet?

Clicking here will guide you to your answer.

Great work Tony. Looking forward to seeing more on this buddy.:)

this sculpt is looking great, everything looks nice and symmetrical. the skin detail looks particularly nice, what sculpting tool did you use for that?

this sculpt is looking great, everything looks nice and symmetrical. the skin detail looks particularly nice, what sculpting tool did you use for that?

Thank you Chrisrunner, I'm trying. Anyways, I used multiple different things. I dont really have a tremendous amount of sculpting tools, so I've been using armature wire, bamboos skewer (for the deep lines), and a combination of techniques suggested by Starvinartist and Thorn.

Thanks everyone for the great comments. I've been busy with some armor for the Halo Pitch Fan Film. When I'm finished with it, I can get back to my Elite. I cant wait to wrap this beast up though..lol. I want to see what it looks like all dolled up. I know its a ways away though.

Be good guys,

-Tony

Woah, this Elite head looks amazing! I was tossing around an idea to do something like this, but my modeling skills are, well... Non-existent. xD

Keep up that awesome work, you're quickly turning into my hero.

Woah, this Elite head looks amazing! I was tossing around an idea to do something like this, but my modeling skills are, well... Non-existent. xD

Keep up that awesome work, you're quickly turning into my hero.

Thanks man, I appecite the kind comments!

Tiny update:

Worked on som more detail, through some nostrils in. Not happy with the nostrils. Had somone point out a good locaton for them on my FB las night, so i will be relocaing them...lol

1319499463351.jpg

1319499406024.jpg

1319499424388.jpg

Sorry about how bad the picture quality is. I need to invest into a new camera and stop using this old and busted phone.

Well, let me know.

-Tony

P.S. Does any one know why or have an idea why photo bucket is uploading my pictures so small now?

P.S. Does any one know why or have an idea why photo bucket is uploading my pictures so small now?

Does your phone have settings for pic size on it? Could be the difference between your phone and the camera you had?! I really have no idea. I'm just babbling. The sculpt is looking great Tony. It gets better every time I see it.:)

This is ridiculously cool. I've toyed with the notion of making the legendary bust out of foam and then mounting it, but this takes it to a whole new level.

How heavy is this thing, I wonder?

Does your phone have settings for pic size on it? Could be the difference between your phone and the camera you had?! I really have no idea. I'm just babbling. The sculpt is looking great Tony. It gets better every time I see it.:)

Lol, thank you Shore. I'll have to check my settings. I'm such a noob...lol

This is ridiculously cool. I've toyed with the notion of making the legendary bust out of foam and then mounting it, but this takes it to a whole new level.

How heavy is this thing, I wonder?

Yeah, that would be cool. I wish I could find some screen shots of theirs, that would help tremendously. I plan on using shell shock as the casting material & then back it up with foam, so its light enough to get mounted on the wall. Right now, the sculpt plus the Wood frame and counter balanceing weights, puts it at just under 200lbs...lol. Its a pain to move.

Thanks again guys for the wonderful comments. I plan on molding this soon & hopefully I can get 2 molds off of this. I would like the option of creating hard copies for a wall mount display & silicone copies for potentially an animatronic display/costume eventually.

Be good, keep building!

-Tony

Nice man, I see your work load increasing lol

Lol, Thanks my man. Hopefully you are allowed to get one.

Amazing work!
Will you be disguising the Squidly as an Officer or a Ranger?

Thanks man, I'll be going the officer route. I love the Helmet and my boy Satchmo wipped me up one. It should be good..lol

Amazing work! I saw this on fb and my mind was blown!

Thanks Eric! Hopefully I'm doing it justice. I can't wait till its finished.

Thanks again guys for viewing the thread. Much Appreciated!

-Tony

This sculpt is looking better every time i jump onto this thread, keep it man, it's going to be EPIC!

P.S. I'm still keen on getting a mould off you once it's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back