Unofficial 405th IRC Chat Channel - #405th on irc.rizon.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would like to talk about your projects or ask questions in real time, grab an IRC client(Pidgin, Mirc, etc. just search Google for one) and join #405th on irc.rizon.net.

I got the idea from Hyokenseisou's live streaming thread and how fun it has been when I was in there and talking about my own projects and helping others while watching her work on hers. Be nice and keep it positive. Criticism is fine but keep it constructive.

Exactly what is needed! With one or two knowledgeable people idling in there, it would help relieve a lot of the same repetitive questions that people make their own thread for. Plus, it would be fun XD

I believe I had mentioned it on her thread. I'll have to jump on there!

EDIT: I'll be on there now til whenever. If anyone has any questions I can try to help!

Yeah sorry I haven't been able to stream my channel for you guys to chat and watch.... Since I moved my stuff out to the garage, which was a whole 10 feet away from the house.... my internet connection hit the hay... So yeah... Might be able to stream here and there a bit when I work inside my room attaching padding and such.

I'm going to play necromancer for a bit...you know, resurrect this dead-thread. I believe having a real-time chat could be a real asset to how information is shared by the community. The one thing that I think is lacking right now is a schedule to allow users to know when to get together to ask questions or let others know what they're up to. I almost think this could be used in conjunction with or as an extension of the mentor-ship program. A mentor or mentors could make themselves available on the chat (http://rizon.net/chat) for specific periods of time to discuss specific topics. If a proper schedule was established there could be times set up to discuss things like the pepakura paper process, various or specific hardening techniques, foam-work, and non-build related stuff like the fiction of that popular sci-fi adventure game, Halo.

I'd like to put this together and start a new thread to house a schedule in the first post. In this way, I could modify the schedule with input from other community members as time progresses while allowing it to be easily viewable to use. If people are interested and willing, please PM me times you'd be able to set up shop in the chat to help others or just topics for which you'd like to specify times to discuss.

Zat German, you started the chat so I'd like to ask you if you'd be cool with me setting this up. Like I said, I think this could really be used as an effective tool and would like to help it become one. The #405th chat on rizon seems like an easy enough place to do this.

I'm going log on to the chat tonight at 9:00 pm (central time, North America) for about an hour if anyone would like to discuss this idea or other general build topics. Thanks, four-oh-five.

Zat German, you started the chat so I'd like to ask you if you'd be cool with me setting this up. Like I said, I think this could really be used as an effective tool and would like to help it become one. The #405th chat on rizon seems like an easy enough place to do this.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back