First atempt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noble6z

Hi, this is my first atempt. And i will need some help sorry if im posting in the wrong section. P.S i didint know how to post a picture so i will post it later. So basicly what i did is made a noble 6 helmet out of papekura and i know that i need to fiberglass it, so coat & resin on the inside, only resin on the outside, Then i have to start using bondo and make the shape better, but what do i do else? I want to insert a visor so i found a tutorial but is it ok if i finish these and then star painting it? do i need to put something else in it important? O yeah and i know what to put for the inside for wearing. This is not my first model but its first my time halo helmet. Picture! found how to. :D
dsc08250c.jpg

You are posting in the right section. You can start a thread once you have a photo to show.

As for your questions, here is the sequence:
1) Resin outside
2) Fiberglass (with resin) inside. If you want your helmet to last forever, apply fiberglass again.
3) Use bondo on the outside sparingly.
4) Sand the bondo until you get smooth surface.
5) Bondo and sand again.
6) Paint the helmet. You may want to paint a primer first.
7) Cut out the visor.
8) Install motorcycle visor.
9) Install padding inside. You can get motorycle helmet lining or you can just glue some foam inside.

By the way, nice pep for a first time.

Hi, welcome to the 405th. Your Pep helmet looks good so far. Seems like you pretty much have the methodology down correct. Just to clarify, resin the outside first, the you can do the fiberglass + resin on the inside. Other than a see-through visor, you won't need anything else. However, you could put in lights or fans or other electronics if you wanted.

If I understand one of your questions correctly, yes, you can entirely finished the helmet (paint, etc) before cutting out the paper visor and installing the real one.

Good luck.

Thanks guys that really helped me! And the tutorial i found for the visor was a one with screws in it well a moving one. So last question how do i put it in without them? I mean with what with fiberglass, superglue? Thanks once again and i will post pictures when i will be done.

Heat gun and hot glue if you want to put the visor on without any screws but I can't guarantee the strength.

Sup, guys ive been out for a week and i didint have the time to proceed with my helmet but today ive firberglassed it and its hard as hell before i left home i only resined the out side but today i coated the inside :).
dsc08257q.jpg

dsc08255s.jpg

dsc08252a.jpg

dsc08251x.jpg

Looks like you have done everything right so far and it looks ready for the bondo stage, Just a bit of advice for Bondo, put it on in thin layers, don't just plaster the stuff on or you will be sanding forever, best advice I can give you is to take something like an old credit card or a gift card, use it to apply the bondo on in thin layers only in areas that need it, then sand the bondo you just applied to where it starts looking smooth then reapply another thin coat of bondo and repeat the same process till it looks the way you want, take your time, you will be much happier with the results, don't worry about the little pits and stuff that end up in the bondo once you have it smoothed, at that stage get some spot putty filler and fill in all the little imperfections. hope this helps and makes sense

Hey, guys umm actualy i was thinking to add another layer to the helmet of fiberglass, Coolc sed if i want it to last for ever is should. And my helmet has like (not real ventilating parts) but i didint sucseed cutting it perfectly so it doesn't look that good (the ones at the front that are at the bottom) how should i use bondo on it? a realy small amout or what? and how would i sand it? And the top of the helmet, its not 180 degress straight i mean that it looks good but if you take a good look at it it doesnt look straight its more to the left side so i can probably fix it with bondo right? Sorry that i dont have the picture and for my english.

Im back!

Sup, guys i heavent been in these forums for a while. Well first of all i started noble 6 helmet at summer everything went fine, but when i started to use bondo for the first time i messed a lot of stuff up, why? Because i used a bondo that sucks and too much even though
Hyperballistik sed to apply it in thin layers... O well at least ive got experience! Later my dad gave some kind of bondo that helped a lot and it was much esier to do everything! So there are pictures and probably a lot of you are thinking why arent i'm finished yet? Because i dont have time and don't have a place to work at cause the place i used to work is a workshop that is really cold now cause its winter outside and i have no other place where to work, so yeah. And i don't have much time because i have to go to my training i am a windsurfer and at winter we have to do a lot of training to be strong at summer and after school i have to go to play the guitar and im getting ready for a concert next month so thats where all my time goes and work. Btw im 14 didint tell that ever. So yeah there will be an update at spring (maybe sooner) when i will have more time, in the meantime check these pictures out!
dsc09009.jpg

dsc09010k.jpg

dsc09011e.jpg

dsc09012t.jpg

Hey man you're looking fine! Especially for a first go! My time's pretty chewed up to bro :/ I'm applying to college :p

Keep up the good work bro! :D

Yea, its looking good. Way better than my first bondo attempt. I dont have posts to show my first attempt, but let me tell you its not pretty.

Hi guys, ive been f*cked up with this helmet, did a lot of mistakes a lot... didin't have the time spent almost 2 years, because i just left it there standing in my garage, but after my 16th birthday somehow ir remebered that i have to finish this thing and its now or never, sorry for being so lazy, and nor did i have the time, but finally i finished it of course there are some mistakes, and theres no visor, but its at least something, and i'm definetly gonna make another one and i learned from my mistakes, so heres the picture, i didin't buy a visor yet... but thank you guys for all your support and your help :)
P.S i know the bondo work is really bad
:(
p366.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/p366.jpg/

That looks really good for a first try, the first one I did didn't look nearly as good. I cant wait to see your second one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back