Aussie's Mk.VI CQB build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great job on the peping, on your forearm part, after you harden the piece, just cut the area out so your hand can slide thru, when I built my forearms I had the same problem and just grinded the area open till I could get my hand thru it. you don't want to make it bigger or the forearm will bump into your shoulder piece and putting your helmet on when fully suited up sucks. Keep up the great job

holy crap! i don't log on for a while and you got all this done? amazing... i've done hardly anything over the last few weeks, so i'm feeling kinda lame, but seeing this makes me want to go hard at it again... keep up the great work... i would still glass and finish the large helmet anyway if you have the extra cash, something that cool would look excellent just sitting next to the telly even if it is a tad on the large side, just being bigger makes it so much cooler, like it was a real sized cqb helmet... :D

Gday 405er's,

First I would like to apologise for being away for so long. Life got crazy, I won't go into the details but thankfully everything has calmed down now so the CQB build will be coming off the shelf.

In the mess, my forearm has been munted! (destroyed in the most horrible way, for my american comrades) so I'm going to have to do that again. I need to find a better way of scaling in order to do my helmet again as well, its that big that it can actually fit around my motorbike helmet!

Also, I am in the process of setting up a workshop to rival that which Vshore100 has to work in! All this in due time!

Cheers
Aussiemaggot275

Hello again 405ers, sorry about the double post. I just wanted to tell you all that I haven't fallen out again, its just taking a little longer than I originally thought to set everything up. My first choice for the workshop fell through so I'm working out a second option. I have been thinking about (and loosing sleep over) all the little things going into this suit so when the time comes it will all fall together nicely!

Until then, I'll keep reading up on and following all your threads!

Cheers
Aussiemaggot275

Gday 405er's,

First I would like to apologise for being away for so long. Life got crazy, I won't go into the details but thankfully everything has calmed down now so the CQB build will be coming off the shelf.

In the mess, my forearm has been munted! (destroyed in the most horrible way, for my american comrades) so I'm going to have to do that again. I need to find a better way of scaling in order to do my helmet again as well, its that big that it can actually fit around my motorbike helmet!

Also, I am in the process of setting up a workshop to rival that which Vshore100 has to work in! All this in due time!

Cheers
Aussiemaggot275

lol... i haven't heard the word "munted" for so long... sorry to hear that the arm got destroyed, things like that always suck... on the upside, having been through what you've already made and doing it again you'll know what works where and what parts to pep first to avoid tricky spots...

i have a rather large melon, and generally find that a scale height of 30cm is fine, leaving plenty of room to fit in padding and electronics. mind you though, i am over 6'2" without shoes so i can get away with larger helmets. i would try to do a basic pep of the cqb first to see if that is the right size for you, maybe even use the full hd version but only pep enough of it to find out if it'll fit first...

it's good to see you working on this helmet again, i would really love to see it as a finished piece, and i know that if your second pep is anywhere as good as your first, this suit is gonna rock :D ...

Good to see you back aussie. I look forward to more of your cqb build.:)

Wow, good job! Keep it up, but i just cant understand how you can pep the smal round details so perfect....i just cant do it, so i scratch build them later on in foam or something. Pepping so smal details is a pain in the a**. But good work ;)

lol... i haven't heard the word "munted" for so long... sorry to hear that the arm got destroyed, things like that always suck... on the upside, having been through what you've already made and doing it again you'll know what works where and what parts to pep first to avoid tricky spots...

i have a rather large melon, and generally find that a scale height of 30cm is fine, leaving plenty of room to fit in padding and electronics. mind you though, i am over 6'2" without shoes so i can get away with larger helmets. i would try to do a basic pep of the cqb first to see if that is the right size for you, maybe even use the full hd version but only pep enough of it to find out if it'll fit first...

it's good to see you working on this helmet again, i would really love to see it as a finished piece, and i know that if your second pep is anywhere as good as your first, this suit is gonna rock :D ...

6 foot! man I'm tiny, 173cm! I did have a quick chat with Starvinartist and he gave me a few pointers on scaling the helmet right. I did have an idea for the 1st pep, since it fits around my motorcycle helmet, but there is a lot of research to do first. Thanks for the kind words!

Good to see you back aussie. I look forward to more of your cqb build.:)

Cheers Vshore! im pretty much stalking your build right now lol! it looks great!!

Wow, good job! Keep it up, but i just cant understand how you can pep the smal round details so perfect....i just cant do it, so i scratch build them later on in foam or something. Pepping so smal details is a pain in the a**. But good work ;)

Thanks Kroforce, the tiny details are a massive pain in the rear! I just take them slowly, only glueing 2-3 of those tiny tabs at once. When I did the first vent on top of the helmet, the vent itself took me almost 45 mins! but once you get the hang of it it gets easier!

Not long now guys, im tracking down and replacing all my lost and "borrowed" tools, gathering shelving and a bench to work off because atm the storage area kinda looks like this

Storageareashot.jpg

On top of that, I am juggling motorbike repairs as well, I'm storing that at my parents house and the old boy is getting on my back.

Until next time 405er's, I'm going to go dive into a motorbike engine!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back