Aussie's Mk.VI CQB build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought I should make a thread for this build, so welcome! Now I know I said in my intro thread/post that I would match my Halo 3 live player, but the thought of a full suit kinda interested me more lol. Since I spend most of the time on live serving up ice cold knuckle sangas, I've decided to go for the Mk.VI CQB armor, that and I pefer the helmet to any others.

Anyway, here it is!

I have only spent about 6 hours all up thus far, but I'm already liking what I see!

I diden't even knoe my wife took this lol, cutting out the first part.
IMG_0728.jpg

This is what I was left with after the first night.
IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

The back was not sitting quite right, so I had to brace it from the inside.
IMG_0733.jpg

And this is how it sits right now.
IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

Hopefully I can get more done tomorrow night. But for now I think I'll go to bed, as it is currently 5 am.

Night 405!

Awesome... Thinking of making this helmet next... Very clean folds you got going on there, gonna come together very nicely... Can't wait to see the finished pep... Keep up the good work... Also, good to see another Aussie here...

Nice job so far and your building L3X's file should turn out nice

Thanks Hyper, nice catch, what gave it away??

Awesome... Thinking of making this helmet next... Very clean folds you got going on there, gonna come together very nicely... Can't wait to see the finished pep... Keep up the good work... Also, good to see another Aussie here...

Cheers mate, I stalked the pep tuts for about a week before I started lol, And happy to be here!

Nice to see you able to get started, man! Lookin' good! Oh, and subscribed.

Thanks Meade, I just ended up scabing the old's printer, still haven herd anything from lexmark......

So I was able to do some more on the helmet, its really starting to shape up now
Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

I start work at 7 tomorrow, so I should have some more time to work on it before then.

gonna look friggin' sweet man... i gotta finish my helmet off and get some pics up. pulled some holiday time so i should get a bit done over the next 2 weeks... i gotta laugh at the guys i work with... they know i'm always up to something, so when they asked me what i'm gonna do for the next fortnight i told them i was gonna try to finish off my helmet... they looked at me like "what?" so i told them i make armour out of paper... it's funny, cause most people always ask "what, like paper mache?" then you have to try to explain it to them... hopefully, if i can finish it off i can just show them instead... anyway, thanks for the add. just put you on my subscriptions. keep up the good work...

Thanks man, I haven't even bothered to try and explain what it is I'm doing, like you said, it's just easier to show them.

I apologize for the lack of activity, as I'm sure many of you know, life tends to get in the way a little, but I will defenantly have another update before the end if the week!

Cheers guys!

OK, like I promised, here is the update!

I was able to get a few solid hours for the helmet. I have but three words. Tabs. Kill. Me! lol I'm still trying to get used to such fidley folds and tabs, I think I have more super glue on my hands than I do on the job! Anyway, on the pictures....

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

The detail on the front, the bit that Vshore100 turned into a light, was WAY to hard, so I used some skills I picked up at TAFE to make a patch. I'm going to make it a light as well, so I'll use foam to add the detail.

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

I have also been thinking about the colour scheme. Tryed to get that Vanity thing working, but it diden't want to play nice, so I used an iPhone app instead. After much deliberaiton, I have desided to recruit myself into the RED TEAM! (yea, suck it blue!)
IMG_0726-1.png

I will be moving in about 3-4 months time, so I would like to think that I have at least finnished the PEP stage by then, but I may be dissapointed.
OH, and I have printed a HI DEF M-6 pep as a side arm, still haven't settled on a primary weapon.

Well that's it for now, I hope this update was worth the wait. TILL NEXT TIME!

That's some very clean pepping mate. Not much warpage, that I can see, and very symmetrical. Good job!
Good luck and hopefully you'll get a decent amount of pepping done by the time you move. Weapon would be the last thing I worry about.

hey man, great looking pep so far, I'm doing exactly the same helmet, it's quite funny to watch how you are building it, because I started at the bottom rather than top, it's like we're doing it opposite :D
you'll love the helmet, it turns out bad*ss

hey man, great looking pep so far, I'm doing exactly the same helmet, it's quite funny to watch how you are building it, because I started at the bottom rather than top, it's like we're doing it opposite :D

i was gonna give that a try on my last pep, start from the bottom up (that and glue the tabs on the outside for easier sanding without bringing out little acrylic pockets of hot glue) but i got about halfway through coming from the top down before i remembered i was gonna try it. did it make the build any easier or was it just much of a muchness...?

this is looking great aussie. now that you decided to go red, are you gonna go with the "standard issue" sarge red, or something that looks like it. i'm using the White Knight Squirts Cherry Red, combined with the Mandarin and Metallic Charcoal from the same range on my current build and it just looks awesome. at first i had my doubts, but once the flat black was applied to the nooks and the hammer tone on the edges for the scratches it just blew my mind. the Mandarin parts looks like some used heavy machinery :D

That's some very clean pepping mate. Not much warpage, that I can see, and very symmetrical. Good job!
Good luck and hopefully you'll get a decent amount of pepping done by the time you move. Weapon would be the last thing I worry about.

Thanks man! I'm really trying to get all the joints and folds nice and crisp

lol, that's funny as, word of advice for the top, when you get to the ridges, put them in the bits first, then add them to the helm, it's a right pain otherwise. Have got a thread for your build?

Some really nice pep work going on here.

Thanks Thorn!!

So I thought i'de update the current situation. I am in hospital. Could be going for surgery tomorrow, but that will decided in the morning. So right now I'm lying in the bed, entertaining myself with all your threads! Having a look through the infamous Longshot-X's first thread, his MC build, I'm only page 52 right now and ZOMG!!!! Lol.

Well, till I get out guys!

UPDATE!!

Well I'm out of the hospital, have my appendix removed and can't work for 4 weeks so guess what i've been doing??

Finnished the helmet, although I getting the feeling that i've scaled it to big, Tell me what you think.
Picture0012.jpg

Picture0013.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

Picture0011.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

My wife wanted to try it on lol
Picture009.jpg

I've also finnsihed both CQB sholders.
Picture011.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture012.jpg

I might start the forearms and maybe the bisecps tonight, either way I have another 3 weeks.

Cheers!

looks great! and Holy cow that helmet is HUGE on your wife lol great work and can't wait to see more...hope your move goes well!

The pep looks good, but yah its a little on the large size, It sucks when you finish the pep only to find out its to big, but you got the peping down and your doing the same thing I did, I had surgery and was homebound for a while and thats how I built my Busa armor so fast, anyways great job

I'm on the same page as everyone else. The pep work looks great but the helmet is big my friend. I would scale it down a bit and go for round two. You are doing a great job. Hope you get all healed soon too.

The pep looks good, but yah its a little on the large size, It sucks when you finish the pep only to find out its to big, but you got the peping down and your doing the same thing I did, I had surgery and was homebound for a while and thats how I built my Busa armor so fast, anyways great job

I agree with Hyperballistik. Really, really great Pep work, but it is a tad big. Glad to hear you're ok!

looks great! and Holy cow that helmet is HUGE on your wife lol great work and can't wait to see more...hope your move goes well!

I'm on the same page as everyone else. The pep work looks great but the helmet is big my friend. I would scale it down a bit and go for round two. You are doing a great job. Hope you get all healed soon too.

Thanks for the kind remarks guys! I must agree, it's way too big. I scaled it from a hight of 300mm up to 342mm. I'm thinking about cutting that number down to 321mm, I really don't want to pep it again to find out its still to big. Any suggestions?

UPDATE!!!
Apparently people have had other plans for my time off work, so I haven't had as much time to pep as I would have liked, but I did get some things done, like the Right forearm by nugget, and the hand-plate by robogenisis, twice (the first was too small).

The first attempt is on the right.
forearmandhandplates006.jpg

forearmandhandplates007.jpg

This looks and feels much better.
forearmandhandplates008.jpg

The forearm is sized great, except I can't get my hand through the finished piece.
forearmandhandplates001.jpg

forearmandhandplates002.jpg

forearmandhandplates005.jpg

forearmandhandplates004.jpg

forearmandhandplates010.jpg

I'm looking at the biceps for the next pep sessions, I should be able to start that tonight.
Thanks for reading through!
Cheers

fantastic job man =D the helmet looks epic man, you pepped it very well and clean, keep up the great work =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back