Turbo93's halo reach armor build, pics! WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo93

Hi, this is the build/progress thread of the armor I'm making. I have already started some pieces before I even considered starting this thread, since I think it would be nice to have something to show you that I'm currently building!

I've got an idea about what armor configuration I'm going with. It's probably going to be something like this:
*Helmet= I'm having a very, very hard time deciding what helmet I should make, feel free to share your personal opinions about which helmet I should choose.

*Chest/torso= default with the assault sapper+grenadier collar (only the neck protection thing).

*Right shoulder= MJOLNIR MK.V
*Left shoulder= Security
[I'm not completely sure about the shoulders though, there's a possibillity that I will use MJOLNIR MK.V for both sides]

*Knees= I'm going with grenadier.
When it comes to utillity, wrist addons I might come up with something custom made.

here's some pictures of what I've got so far!
DSC07511.jpg

DSC07519.jpg

DSC07520.jpg

here is the chest piece and forearm resined + pepped Biceps. The files I'm using is Reach Right/Left Bicep by ForgedReclaimer unfold by BMcClain, L3X's Mark V MJOLNIR Torso and Rhinoc's forearm pep file, so credit to them for making awesome pep files :cool

DSC07578.jpg

DSC07582.jpg

DSC07580.jpg

DSC07579.jpg

and that's about it for the reach build at this time!

I do want to apologize for not showing the final result of my odst helmet I made about a year ago. It is finished so I thougt I would show it here instead of going back and post it in the old thread. So here it is along with some other halo props I've made :) let me know what you think!

DSC07594.jpg

DSC06576.jpg

Looks like an awesome start. As far as your helmet goes, we can't decide for you, then it wouldn't be YOUR spartan. Use whatever helmet you use in game, I'm just making my multiplayer reach character

Looks like an awesome start. As far as your helmet goes, we can't decide for you, then it wouldn't be YOUR spartan. Use whatever helmet you use in game, I'm just making my multiplayer reach character
Thanks ! :) yeah you're right, I'll go and play around a little in reach, and se if I come up with something that fits the rest of my armor.

Looking good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Side note check the size on you're collar. Allot of people have removed it and replaced it with foam( Myself included).

Looking good so far. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Side note check the size on you're collar. Allot of people have removed it and replaced it with foam( Myself included).

It's great to hear that, thanks! :) and by collar you mean this right ?
DSC07584collarthing.jpg

because that area is too small, I can't get my head through xD so I planned to cut that out and as you mentioned, replace it with something else :)

Yes, You got it. You can make a neck seal or collar real easy with foamie's. I went with Nicks neck seal (I put up a link on page 4).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of you're build, so keep us posted.

Thanks again Thorn696 for the help! and thank you Matronoke for the nice feedback.

I've also got an update on the helmet. I don't know if I'm gonna use this helmet but I might.
It's a Reach EVA helmet that I built for some time ago, and it was just collecting dust.
So I decided to try and make some customization to it, and this is what I came up with.
Let me know what you think.
DSC07624.jpg

If you everything above the brim is going to be solid, and no longer visor (like the original EVA), then I think this looks pretty cool! I'm interested in seeing how it looks when finished. :cool

If you everything above the brim is going to be solid, and no longer visor (like the original EVA), then I think this looks pretty cool! I'm interested in seeing how it looks when finished. :cool

Yeah, the black line you see coming off the "forhead addon" is were the upper part of the visor is suppose to go. I think you got a really intersting thing going on too! Sniper bullets on the shoulder sounds sweet man. Hope your build turns out great, It looks very good so far :)

Helmet Update

Update! sorry for the double post but I have now pepped the helmet I'm gonna use with the rest of the armor. It's the Commando helmmet, and the file was made by Ruze, thanks Ruze for providing this awesome file! :)

I do have a question, does anyone know if resin eats through foamies? Cause I was actually thinking of making some of the detail using foamies before I resin the helmet.
halocommandohelm.jpg

halocommandohelm4.jpg

halocommandohelm3-1.jpg

Yes resin will. Great pep job my man. Better than the one I did...lol. Have you thought of using epoxy putty for details? I use it all the time. If you decide to, then harden the helmet first then start slappin the epoxy on. great job so far.

BTW, I haven't seen this thread before, but the other work looks great too!

-Tony

I think you got a really intersting thing going on too! Sniper bullets on the shoulder sounds sweet man. Hope your build turns out great, It looks very good so far :)

Thanks man, but my build has been completed for just about 3 months now. :) I finished it at the end May, and have already worn it a few times. And yes, the sniper bullet shoulders turned out awesome!

Keep up the great work, your helmet Pep work is excellent. :cool

Yes resin will. Great pep job my man. Better than the one I did...lol. Have you thought of using epoxy putty for details? I use it all the time. If you decide to, then harden the helmet first then start slappin the epoxy on. great job so far.

BTW, I haven't seen this thread before, but the other work looks great too!

-Tony

Thanks Tony! I gotta say, I love your commando helmet, it turned out awesome! :)
No actually I haven't, I will have to check that out! thanks for the tip.
too bad foamies doesn't work though... x)

Thanks man, but my build has been completed for just about 3 months now. :) I finished it at the end May, and have already worn it a few times. And yes, the sniper bullet shoulders turned out awesome!

Keep up the great work, your helmet Pep work is excellent. :cool

Oh, sorry my bad.. but It's great to hear that you finished it :) I guess that you got pics of the finished product in the same build thread, Right ? :)
Thanks !

Update! well this is kinda frustrating... while I was waiting for a coat of resin to dry on my commando helmet I noticed that my torso armor looked a bit small. I cut it into two parts, so that I could test fit. And it was too small... :( but I will start building a new one right away! the only problem is that the autumn here in sweden is pretty cold, so workin' with resin will pretty much be impossible..
maybe I could build it out of foam? I've been looking around in some build threads and the foam work I've seen so far is very impressive.
Anyone that has experience working with foam and pep, please share the pros and cons? Foam armor seems to be way more comfortable to wear, but is it easy to rip apart "in the glue seams" ?

Buying Supplies

Today Turbo is happy :D lol xD about 6 months ago I did, if you will a school project, I built a Silenced SMG from halo 3 odst. The material I used was Polyurethane, a kind of hard foam but it's still very easy to shape (many of you guys might already know what it is) ^^ the school gave it to me for free since the project was related to school. And at that time I didn't even think of asking them if I Could by some for my personal use. Seems like I had too much on my mind xD

But today I asked if I could buy some polyurethane blocks that they had laying around in a storage room , and guess what ? no problem! The material seems to be very similar to what they used in the legendary amor thread : ( http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29399-Legendary-Armor-Spartan-Armor-Progress..../page12 )
The cost of a 19.7"x47.2" with the depth of 1.6 inches was about 150USD. I think it's fairly cheap, so I will probably buy a block tomorrow!

And I have also ordered 3 full sheets of MiniCel Foam today.
I decided to build the chest piece and some parts of my undersuit out of it, since my pepped torso was to small and I'm actually a little bit curious to work with foam. It seems fun!

As far as the helmet goes, I have finished resin it. the only thing that remains before I start detailing would be the hardening stage. I might actually try to mix some new things in the rondo to make it harder. I have some nice stuff laying around but I will tell you more of that when I know if it works x) If you got any questions, feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer them.

Over and out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back