Sniper rifle (nerf longshot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instinct Vlad

HI! I am currently working on a sniper rifle using my nerf longshot and the added barrel of my nerf recon, im also using some yellow pvc(it was cheaper)
pictures to come!! please give me any ideas on how to make it better (no pep or molding,casting ect)

HI! I am currently working on a sniper rifle using my nerf longshot and the added barrel of my nerf recon, im also using some yellow pvc(it was cheaper)
pictures to come!! please give me any ideas on how to make it better (no pep or molding,casting ect)

WIP threads without pictures violate the forum rules.

Aside from that: How do you expect anyone to tell you how to make it better without showing them what you have done so far first? That's impossible.

Yeah, man. Let's see some pics. And I'm not sure what more you can do to the rifle if you don't want to pep/cast/bondo... besides painting.

If the longshot is the cs6 blue sniper rifle that's currently for sale, I've started the same process before I moved a couple weeks back. My suggestion is that you need to have 3 clips for it, 2 to go in th stock, or it looks too flimsy, and one for the actual ammo chamber. (I have none spare, as both my clips ended up in the recon for my SMG.)

I recommend two undercoats of black auto-motive primer, as nerf guns don't let paint adhere too well, then a SOLID coat of auto-motive chrome paint. If you do this, and end up as lucky as I was, when you give it a full solid coat of the black primer again, the primer will adhere, but you'll get tiny specs of the chrome showing through it, making it look like silver dusted black metal/anodised black steel.

Then you just use some silver modelling paint to add nicks and scratches to the paint job, wherever you feel the gun would be subject to wear, such as the corners of the clips etc., and then you are done.

I look forward to seeing pics, and when my iphone and pc allow it, I'll copy some pics of my smg into this thread for you.

Good luck!

Ah, I recall seeing your thread. I have the OTHER nerf long-something gun, must be the Longstrike CS-6 I have, I forget, I dont have the box lol

The gun I have doesnt look anywhere near as close to the halo sniper rifle as that one does, but it'll serve a purpose somewhere down the line for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back