Mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMAW09

I'm just looking for a little information on the suit. I saw on the halo panel Adam was on, they brought it out and said it was built by members of the 405th using models provided by 343. Are there going to be some additional pictures and info posted? Possibly releasing the models...doubtful but I thought I would ask.

I saw a picture and read up.. it looks and sounds absolutely amazing.. Sanghelli shields that the covenant sent for us to use.. Better hydrostatic gel lair.. More curves in the armor.. IT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!

Link? The only place I have seen the armor has been the halofest video. Even google only shows a bunch of fan made concept art for the mark VII.

This is the first I have ever heard of an "official" MK VII design. There has been a concept one, but without 343 approval its just a concept.

I want some more of this MK II suit information, especially a finished MK VII suit! Where is a link!

Seriosly I better not be dissapointed to find out its a MK VI, and you are bad at numbers.

That is fiction. I would not consider it canon at all.

Also, somebody already built it?!

I was just gonna wait until after Halo 4, to see if the armor MC wears is actually MK VII, because then I would have not wasted time building a concept armor that was replaced for canon armor in the game.

To get just one example of how non canon these are, please read this whole article I found on the same site:
http://halofanon.wikia.com/wiki/Jackson-A104

One of the pictures is from portal! Thats a lawsuit.

At the Sunday morning Halo 4 panel Art Director Kenneth Scott verified the armor in the trailer is not the final version (around 11:10 of the video below). However, later during the same panel (around 33:05 of the video below) Frank O'Connor introduced the walkout of someone wearing the trailer armor (at least it looks a lot like the trailer armor), mentioning that it was constructed by working with the 405th, and their general excitement over it. At the following Sunday morning Fragging, Forge, and Flowers panel Adam had with him the helmet from the trailer and very briefly touched on the new armor's construction.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok why would the MC be wearing MK.VII armor, wouldn't he just be in the armor he was wearing when he went into statis......

Well we still don't have the full story of what happened between halo 3 and 4 so for all we know somthing could have happened that we don't know about yet

Still that helmet look so rock I would love to have my hand on that Pepakura file of that helmet *drool*

343 Commissioned Bluerelm studios to make the armor. Its not fiction. Just look at this picture (Taken by Sean Bradley NOT me) -

MKVII.jpg

and here is a pic of Adam sitting on the Halo Community Panel yesterday at HaloFest-

MKVIIHelmet.jpg

EDIT :

Pics of the armor during the Halo 4 panel-

MKVII2.jpg

MKVII3.jpg

MKVII4.jpg

mkvii5.jpg

Thank you

Jacob

ok why would the MC be wearing MK.VII armor, wouldn't he just be in the armor he was wearing when he went into statis......

Do you remember the first Halo 3 TV trailer? Where the Chief crashed a Mongoose, throws down a Bubble Shield grenade, and then jumps on a group of Brutes? Did any of that actually happen in the final version of Halo 3 we played? No. Even the Bubble Shield ended up different.

On that note, I'm fairly sure the Halo 4 trailer is similar: a non-canon demonstration of stuff that's to come. I'm almost certain the Chief will start the game in the broken Forward Unto Dawn in Mark VI armor, and sometime in the story upgrade to Mark VII, a little like the very beginning of Halo 2 when he gets upgraded from Mark V to Mark VI.

Oops my bad it was the halo 4 panel. I had mixed them up.

343 Commissioned Bluerelm studios to make the armor. Its not fiction. Just look at this picture (Taken by Sean Bradley NOT me)
So I'm confused now. If a prop studio built the suit, where does the 405th come in with helping construct the suit like Frankie said? Maybe I am just missing something.

Oops my bad it was the halo 4 panel. I had mixed them up.

So I'm confused now. If a prop studio built the suit, where does the 405th come in with helping construct the suit like Frankie said? Maybe I am just missing something.

Bluerelm is the name of Devin White's prop shop . They are a part of the 405th. Watch the video and he explains it.

The new design looks... well, different. I still don't like too much the mouth part of the helmet and the lack of a cod piece and also the upper center part of the chest. The overall armor is cool, but just, different.

Perhaps is just me... but I'm sure people thought the same with the transition from Halo 1 to Halo 2 when it was presented for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back