The Dh Project #748

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the wishes, but matter of fact most of the pain was gone yesterday, today it's close to non existent, I took some ibuprofen and it's helping better than I hoped. I even went for a run today, which I'm starting to regret XD I got a little bored with the project, so i decided to rekindle the fire with a locus helm...God damn this thing is frustrating me!!!! But it should come out good (I've been working on it for 3 hours straight and only have a tiny bit of the mouthpiece to show for it! After this I'll do some stuff and see where it goes.

ok Back at it, finished working and detailing one of my arm pieces! just needs paint. Holy crap i never sanded with 400 grit, the thing is starting to shine! not sure If I want it glossy though...may have to sand with lower grit.... Pictures tomorrow.

it's shining? lol

not quite, its reflecting but only slightly, this is bad lighting but still here it is, i left the side quite rough for "battle damage"

7817239976_19a87a6e17_z.jpg
IMG01377-20120818-2208
7817238684_b7d0fb9bb2_z.jpg
IMG01379-20120818-2208

most of it is sanded down smooth, I'm gonna get my hands on those foamy things, to do the one side details. fore arm is also resined. I cut off some pieces from the torso for strapping purposes, redid a foam thigh, manages to finish my shins, thinking of redoing another thigh. COD printed out for foam template....lots of stuff should come in soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice update I think! Did work on the shoulders and chest today, came out nice, had to improvise a bit on the chest.

7828998166_38821e5159_z.jpg

7828998750_bdbf2569cc.jpg

7828999344_7eb22241e5.jpg

[URL="http://www.flickr.com/photos/dh748/7828999944/"]7828999944_e2af3630e9_z.jpg

Gonna get some foamies and do a lil specialization work to the pieces for a unique stand out. And if you're like me and like seeing something being built this last one is for you!

7829004100_72fc743d53.jpg

7829003428_25e47b8972.jpg

7829002846_bed33feb2e.jpg

7829002230_b3d48467d5.jpg

7829001642_e869d50c2c.jpg

7829001086_d83e544438.jpg

I DID fixed the lopsidedness too. Thanks for those who HAVE been watching, i'll say it IS a little discouraging when no one pays attention, but rest assured it will be done!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bought plasti dip! testing on stuff for experience before I use it :D
You don't need too much to seal it for painting do ya? also bought my regal blue paint, might get the main coat on some pieces!

--------------------------------------------------------------

So me being an idiot, I didn't think to look at what kind of paint I bought....It was a glossy blue.....

7833243284_d5689264e9.jpg
IMG01412-20120821-1242

on the bright side, sealing is coming out well.... tested on my crap shin, so all is good.

7833244700_423cc93095.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

So proud of my helmet, the tough lil guy :')
So don't ask me why, i'm being stupid today, but I set my helmet on my refrigerator after bringing it in, because i wanted something to eat. As i opened the door, I realized two things: 1.) it was resting majorly ON THE DOOR. 2.) it was falling.

So after falling 6 feet THIS happens.

7833789708_780b340078.jpg
IMG01413-20120821-1410

A 1 inch easily fixable crack, after hitting wood floors. the thing had at least 15 lbs of pressure (the weight of the helmet, heavy I know) on it. and only 2-3 mm thickness.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dh748/7833244700/

I'm testing something, if this shows up, i'll edit with updates later.

It showed up so sorry for the triple post.

Ok video update! just skip through it for various pieces and bits.... also may have to rurn up volume every once in awhile. I also talk alot, I think I may have adhd....

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the video update. You've got a whole lot going on at once! Your foam work looks really nice. Consider a texture like trunk paint or undercoating from NAPA or the like to hide seams. If you use undercoating, spend the money on 3M's rubberized undercoat. Most others have asphalt in them and take forever to dry and smell like tar.

Redshirt

Keep it up!

I like the video update. You've got a whole lot going on at once! Your foam work looks really nice. Consider a texture like trunk paint or undercoating from NAPA or the like to hide seams. If you use undercoating, spend the money on 3M's rubberized undercoat. Most others have asphalt in them and take forever to dry and smell like tar.

Redshirt

Hey great work man! It's really coming along nicely!

Seth

Everything WAS going pretty smoothly, then....School Started...(dun-dun-dun!) Anyways, The way it's going, I am too drained from my day to work on it for the last while, Work WILL BE ongoing when I buy some more mats to finish the legs and cod (which Are the only things left!) Then I'll add foamies to certain parts and see where it goes!

@ Seth, and Rambo
Thanks its just gonna take awhile
@ Red
I ended being pretty happy with the seams after a couple layers (more) of plastidip, I do alot (over the summer) So I'll always have something to do, Detail this, while this is dryingfor example :p

Nope, school just got in the way. Advanced classes dont allow much freedom to do much, so my enthusiasm has died down. Though over the past couple weeks I've been working on some forearm pieces. It's going to be a VERY slow project, but I have too much invested not to finish, so it'll get there at some point.

It's coming along super great! I'm digging the ODST mix. (I can't have my in game one without the ODST chest...) I hope to see this all done in the summer!

AND BACK TO THE SUMMER!!!!

I'm back with school outta the way, I may need a couple weeks to get started again, I lost a few things but something were done while I was away. I'll put some updates in at some point but for now, just saying the project is continued!

Welcome back. Still following, looking forward to seeing more.

Redshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back