Foam armor and pilot helmet wip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HistoryFox

Jr Member
Though the my time on the forums has just started I have seen alot of foam builds and have become very interested in it. Since I am a Mac user i can't get pepakura on my computer so I'm going to free hand the suit but i have gotten a print out of a pilot helmet that i have started.

I'm going to Walmart one of these days but i might not get there until next weekend due to High school starting. (Freshman year)

Helmet (Pepped)
Grenadier chest (foamed)
Shoulder base right (foamed)
Shoulder base left (foamed)
Odst shoulder (foamed)
Multi threat shoulder (foamed)
Forearm right (foamed)
Forearm left (Foamed)
Hand right (foamed)
Hand left (painted)
Thigh right (not started)
Thigh left (not started)
Lower leg and knee right (not started)
Lower leg and knee left (not started)
Boot right (not started)
Boot left (not started)

Pictures:

Photo348.jpg

Photo347.jpg

This is a rough sketch i did late one night. I tried to draw each piece to the best I could remember.
img189.jpg

From what I can tell, that is some nice pep work you've done. As for your sketches, way better than I could have done. Try to get as many references as you can when doing this, so it can be as good as possible. I personally am keeping Halo 3 on in theater mode so I can fly around my guy and look at it with detail. Keep up your work and with time you will have a nifty suit of armor to brag about.

Very nice Pep job. That's an amazing sketch, I can't draw worth a crap. I agree with coldevil123, get as many references as you can. If you like I can get you some reference screenshots and because Grunt Modder won't work on a Mac. Shoot me a PM if you're intereseted, and keep up the great work. Good luck with High School!

Thanks for the advice guys I don't really have an update for now but i did find this lying around my house and if i can mold and cast the pilot helmet when it is finished I might make a haunted helmet.

Photo349.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys I don't really have an update for now but i did find this lying around my house and if i can mold and cast the pilot helmet when it is finished I might make a haunted helmet.

Photo349.jpg

I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a site that sells full face skull masks for airsoft. Theyre made out of ABS plastic, and have a mesh covering your eyes. I think it was only like $20 too! Ill postthe link when I find it

I can't remember where I saw it, but there's a site that sells full face skull masks for airsoft. Theyre made out of ABS plastic, and have a mesh covering your eyes. I think it was only like $20 too! Ill postthe link when I find it

Thanks man can't wait to see what the mask looks like!

Nice pep work on the helmet, looks very clean. I see you were able to get some of the foam mats from Wal-Mart. If you can find a Harbor Freight somewhere near you, it's a little bit better deal.

6-pack of sheets at WM = $20
4-pack of sheets at HF = $10 (6 = $15)

Just a helpful thought.

-Matt

Nice pep work on the helmet, looks very clean. I see you were able to get some of the foam mats from Wal-Mart. If you can find a Harbor Freight somewhere near you, it's a little bit better deal.

Just a helpful thought.

-Matt

Thanks for the info Matt, I'll definitely keep an eye out for one.

Update:

Almost done the first shoulder base.

Photo351.jpg

Photo352.jpg

Photo353.jpg

Photo354.jpg

Photo355.jpg

How long did those shoulders take?, because when I did mine it took about 2 days for the two of em, minus the mounting hardware, which I will install after I get the padding.

Also, great job on the shoulder, I would say the next easier parts would be the codpiece and thighs. Easiest are the back details, and ab plate, that both go under the chest. That and the handplates and boot covers.

Just a helpful thought.

-Matt

I paid 5.99 for the 4 pack at HF ;)

You need the forehead. Also I would definately recomend getting one that is more accurate. That one is modified for an expression. A realistic skull would be much better for a haunted helmet.

How long did those shoulders take?, because when I did mine it took about 2 days for the two of em, minus the mounting hardware, which I will install after I get the padding.

Also, great job on the shoulder, I would say the next easier parts would be the codpiece and thighs. Easiest are the back details, and ab plate, that both go under the chest. That and the handplates and boot covers.

The shoulders took me an hour to plan and trace out then another hour to cut and glue. I was planning on doing the ODST shoulder or the chest (to get the hardest part out of the way) then just move down the arm and then to the legs.

You need the forehead. Also I would definately recomend getting one that is more accurate. That one is modified for an expression. A realistic skull would be much better for a haunted helmet.

As far as haunted goes if I do make one I will probably only make a prop to put in my room.

That looks absolutely sweet, bro. Can't wait to see it finished.

Just wondering, are you going to do the helm in foam too? That pep looks pretty awesome.

That looks absolutely sweet, bro. Can't wait to see it finished.

Just wondering, are you going to do the helm in foam too? That pep looks pretty awesome.

No I'm not gonna foam the helm I have some resin and bondo in my basement and I'm waiting to get some paint brushes. Thanks for the compliment too.

Lookin' sick man! You're doing a great job with the foam, wish I could work with it like that! Are you planning on vac forming the visor?

I LOVE this EVA foam stuff! So much better than pep and fiberglass! And I think in is faster too! although I don't think you can make good molds from them though :(

I love the shoulders dude, keep it up! The skull will be a great touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back