Tjx62's Custom Reach suit WIP (Uber Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing the build and it looks good. I hope this isn't a repeat question, i didn't see it, but i didn't read every post either. Where did you get the files for that particular suit?

Ill be watching this, pepping looks good keep up the good work.

Awesome job! You are pepping beast....lol. Honestly though, just read through the thread and you are doing a fantastic job. Keep building!

Tony

looking great dud!
Thanks man!

Wow, the shot gun bullet holder must have been a blast to cut out and glue... Great work so far!
Funny enough, I didn't have too much of a problem with them. The thing is, I think I'm going to have to unglue them from the base, work on each piece individually and then reattach it after painting to get the best outcome. Thanks!

I was browsing the build and it looks good. I hope this isn't a repeat question, i didn't see it, but i didn't read every post either. Where did you get the files for that particular suit?

Ill be watching this, pepping looks good keep up the good work.

I haven't stated which files I have been using. Here they are:

Helmet, biceps, thighs, shins and knees were created by ForgedReclaimer (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31200-Forged-Pepakura-Files)

Handplate and boot (heel and guard) by Ruze789 (Halo Reach Pep thread http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread)

Chest, kukri and right shoulder by L3X BLU3R1V3R (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33480-L3X-s-File-Database)

Carter left shoulder by carpathiavh99 (Reach Pep thread http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/24086-*The-Official*-Halo-Reach-Pepakura-Files-Thread)

Cod piece by RoadWarrior (http://www.4shared.com/get/AdiD97r2/Reach_Belt-Cod_By_RoadWarrior.html)

Breacher chest attachment by IroniumCostuming (http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/29692-Reach-Collar\Breacher)

Breacher wrist attachment by SIDNESS (http://www.4shared.com/file/HDuWw5lp/Emile_HD_Gauntlet_Attachment_M.html)

Forearm by Rhinoc (http://search.4shared.com/postDownload/XOxPEA7H/Rhinoc_New_Reach_gauntlet_Unfo.html)

The boot toe was sent to me via email so I don't know who the original creator is unfortunately. (I will be happy to E-mail them to any one who asks. Just give me a pm asking for them along with your E-mail address.)

Thanks for asking. I meant to put them up a while ago but never got around to it. I'm also updating the first post with the links to the files.

Awesome job! You are pepping beast....lol. Honestly though, just read through the thread and you are doing a fantastic job. Keep building!

Tony

Thanks Tony, that means a lot coming from you. I really enjoyed your builds and attention to detail!

Looks really good. I like the Kukri. I was considering adding one to my ODST, with magnetic attachment points in the shoulder. But I might just go with the knife seen in the 'Landfall' videos.

I'm enamored by that detail you've got in your armor so far. Keep up the great work, I REALLY hope we get to see more of that soon!

Looks really good. I like the Kukri. I was considering adding one to my ODST, with magnetic attachment points in the shoulder. But I might just go with the knife seen in the 'Landfall' videos.

Thanks Renac. I haven't seen an ODST before with a kukri. Seems like an interesting combonation lol.

I'm enamored by that detail you've got in your armor so far. Keep up the great work, I REALLY hope we get to see more of that soon!

Thanks gc, that means a lot. Coincidentally enough, I have more pictures to show.

So I lied a bit and didn't do my helmet yet (It's coming soon though), but I did do both of my bicep pieces. They came out nicely except the bottom opening closest to the forearm was a bit too small. I fixed that by splitting it on two sides and extending it with a bridge (you may be able to see it in the photos).

SANY1320.jpg
SANY1321-1.jpg
SANY1322.jpg
SANY1323-1.jpg

On top of doing my bicep pieces, the gloves I'm using also came in the mail. I chose these cause I'm not a huge fan of hard backed gloves and feel these are a little more game accurate.

SANY1324.jpg
SANY1325.jpg

Here's everything together.

SANY1326.jpg

So I need some feedback here. It seems to me that the gap between between the forearm and bicep is too big. I don't know though, whether its supposed to be like that and my arm is bent a little more than the pictures I've seen or that my bicep pieces are too small. Tell me what you think and I'll probably post another update next week! Until then, happy building!

Nice work. Very nice. Hope the helmet isn't giving you a lot of trouble..I know when I first tested out making the CQB helmet..it was a huge pain in the arse.

Nice work. Very nice. Hope the helmet isn't giving you a lot of trouble..I know when I first tested out making the CQB helmet..it was a huge pain in the arse.

Thanks. I haven't started it yet, but I'm sure it won't be too bad.

Just to let you know, the wide part of the hand piece goes on your knuckles.

GAH! lol Yea I know. I've made sure every time i put it on to put it the proper way. Guess I was more out of it than I thought last night lol. Thank you.

The spacing between bicep and forearm looks good to me, and it will be less noticeable when wearing a black undersuit. Keep up the good work man, you have some very clean peps here!

Awesome pepping.

Spacing looks fine to me. I'm sure you want some mobility of your extremities. :) And like Sang said, It'll look better with a black undersuit underneath.

UPDATE #1: Thanks everyone, for the input. I agree, it looks fine and will be better when I get the under suit. Well off to the update.

So now that I got time off, I have a chance tackle some of the bigger projects. That mostly consists of the chest piece which will probably take the bulk of my time. I need to remember to dedicate some time this week to also work out the electrical stuff.

First up to bat were the shoulders. Not that difficult, but I did try out a new glue for the Carter shoulder. I decided to give the tacky glue a shot for part of the shoulder piece. I like it, holds strong and there's no bumps or webbing like from hot glue. The main downside I have is that it dries a bit too slowly for me. Being used to the hot glue that dries almost instantly, I found my tabs moving even though I though they were dry. I'll probably start to incorporate more tacky glue into the project, but I will mainly be sticking with hot glue.

2011-12-1916-28-23225.jpg

th_2011-12-1916-28-55114.jpgth_2011-12-1916-29-50659.jpg

2011-12-1916-30-29206.jpg

th_2011-12-1916-30-47896.jpgth_2011-12-1916-31-15976.jpg th_2011-12-1916-31-35895.jpg

All looks good. No complaints and I actually correctly sized them the first time! Hallelujah! All I did was find the height difference between the original and the scaled bicep and then subtracted that number from the shoulders original height. And Viola!

photobucket-4252-1324337659964.jpg
photobucket-2659-1324337728376.jpg
photobucket-3366-1324335602007.jpg
photobucket-3027-1324335527339.jpg

(Looking back on these pictures, It seems that I flip-flopped the shoulders XD. Oh well, this was just to see how they looked when attached.)

I think I got the placement right (The security should was a PAIN!). I just need to think of a good way to attach them, so if anyone has any suggestions, I am completely open to them.

Since Im gonna go over my picture limit for this post, off to Update 2!

After I got the shoulders done, I moved onto the helmet. Turned out great and I'm proud of it, but surprise, surprise. Its a a bit too small lol. I have to pin my ears to the side to get my head through (which isn't so bad), the main problem is that there's very little room for padding at the top. I can have it almost lay on my skull and it just barely passes my chin. I'm increasing the size by about 1/2 inch which should solve these problems.

2011-12-1916-32-37834.jpg

th_2011-12-1916-32-48323.jpg]th_2011-12-1916-33-04818.jpgth_2011-12-1916-33-24103.jpg
2011-12-1916-34-48111.jpg

2011-12-1916-35-37223.jpg

Probably going to go with fiberglass with this in lieu of rondo. I wanna keep the weight down and I feel that rondo is a bit too fragile for my taste. I will probably use a little bit to smooth out the inside after glassing.

That's it for now. Probably gonna be finishing up some side projects this week (mainly the Kukri and pistol and probably on stream if you wanna stop by) then probably get back to work on the new helmet and chest. Until next time, happy building!

Hey everyone, I hope everyone had a great holiday and is having a happy new year! Thought I'd put out a quick update before the new year started. finished up the second helmet and im very pleased with it. It should sit perfectly on my head after it is padded and finished.

photobucket-2229-1325379799976.jpg
photobucket-2345-1325379889106.jpg
photobucket-2031-1325379854603.jpg
photobucket-2723-1325379827708.jpg

To be honest, I thought I printed out the helmet again before I scaled it. Lol I'm so glad I didn't cause I thought my arm was about to fall off. Moved my work space down to the basement for right now. Much more quiet and private than my room. Here's the station I set up, with my next piece.

photobucket-2595-1325379920037.jpg

I won't say right away what it is right away, but lets say I'm gonna ring in the new year with a "bang"!

Have a good New Years, stay safe and happy building!

could it be?!?!?!?!? *amazed face* and how did you attach the bicep add ons? pepped 'em (obviously) and then attached 'em with hot glue? and one more question: how did you know where to bring the add-ons to in reference of how far down the bicep they should go?

Amazing work sir. Absolutely amazing. I can't see any warping at all on the helmet (which usually ends up being a major problem) and those shoulders are IMMACULATE. Keep it up!

could it be?!?!?!?!? *amazed face* and how did you attach the bicep add ons? pepped 'em (obviously) and then attached 'em with hot glue? and one more question: how did you know where to bring the add-ons to in reference of how far down the bicep they should go?

I attached them using a dab of hot glue on the point it contacts witht the bicep. That was just temporary mind you. IM trying to figure out a more effective way of attaching them. Some neodymian magnets on the bicep and shoulder maybe. That way I could swap them out with different attachments. I need to play around with it first.

As for where to attachment them, I used some reference pictures and just eye balled it lol. My suggestion would be to find as many reference pictures as you can of the shoulder to find the best placement.

Amazing work sir. Absolutely amazing. I can't see any warping at all on the helmet (which usually ends up being a major problem) and those shoulders are IMMACULATE. Keep it up!

Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words. The shoulders were by far the easiest part so far, but such a pain to put on the bicep XD.

Just a real quick update. I finished pepping out my secret project (my hands are not liking me right now lol) and my chest is coming out of the printer as I type. I can't wait to get it done, cause I'll be finished with my pep for the most part.

So I wanted to save the pictures for later, but looking at my posts, its seems liek this is my 100th post so why not do a teaser. So secret project is... a festive hat!

photobucket-2415-1325538408352.jpg

Ok, so its not really a hat, but it doesnt look too bad lol. Heres some actual pictures of it.

photobucket-2208-1325620060140.jpg
photobucket-1056-1325619969971.jpg

Thats all you get though, but if someone guesses what it is I would be more than willing to share the rest of the photos. If not, I'll post them next week!

Ok, judging but the numbers on the bottom not having their matching pieces attached, I can tell the pep isnt complete. So im betting it probably extends into a sort of tube like thing of some sort. Is it the beginnings of this tube thingy on Jorge's chestpiece?

Jorge-052.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back