Noble Six WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxstaxbox

Recently a buddy of mine came over to my house. I showed him my first two builds, a CQB and an EVA helmet build. They weren't much, just normal printer paper, resin and paint. In the corner of my room was the start of a Mark 5B build. I offered for him to help me that night and he gladly did just that! This post is just a progression of what we have started around the beginning of July.

This is the helmet with resin and fiberglass.

This is the start of Bondo work.

We added sandable primer to bring out imperfections. It is very smooth.

We also began work with the left bracer, so we can use a beat up iPod as a tac-pad

I would like to know the interweb's thoughts on our work so far. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being totally awesome, where would this place?

Welcome to the 405th. Youre off to a fantastic start, something rare among noobs. I love your helmet it looks amazing with the primer. Can we see some more pics of the helmet, the ones now are a little small.

This is our mark 5B after about 5 hours of work.

And below is the forearm peice with about the same amount of time.

And there is more to come. Any comments are welcomed, as well as critics.

WOW! that's looking good!! I am working on the same type of pep suit. have you and your friend figured out how you're going to pep the left leg? because the pep pack I downloaded only contained the right leg..

well i am not completely sure if i am correct, but i believe the shin piece is the same on either side. As for the thigh, im not too sure.

more pictures will be posted soon

If you can't find an answer, I have conjured a simple solution to that. If you pep a thigh, of course it will only fit the leg it was oriented to go on, because if you pep the same thing and try to put it on the opposite leg, it will be on backwards, and that's no good... So i thought if you built the sides of the thigh, and put the pieces that would be backwards on backwards, it would be the right way on! what do you think?

All right I kept you all waiting long enough.

Here are a couple of pics of the helm after some detailing and spotting.

not much is able to go well do to the fact it has been windy and wold where I live.

vveeerrryyy nniiiccceee... may i suggest using wood filler? if you want i can give ou the brand i have, its good stuf for what you have going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back