First build: SPARTAN Leo G-103 (Noble 1 mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpath5150

Jr Member
OMG! well my build crashed and burned! I am retiring my SPARTAN for the future, but who knows, It may live again

Hey guys! Warpath here, and I've started working on my first build! Ive made a custom Spartan, named Leo G-103. Ive gotten most of my inspiration off of Noble 1 Carter, and Ive started to work off of that. Im NOT using pepakura at all, because I suck very much at it, but since I have the ability too (mostly from using lego), im going to scratch build the entire thing.

Research:

I moslty looked at pics of Carter, Jorge, Emile, and almost every single refrence site for Halo Reach armour parts. I decided to have a Scout shoulder(Halo 3) for my left arm, Commando Shoulder(Reach) for my right, and Im still choosing what else to have/add. For my knees, elbows, and arms, I got some BMX padding in there to help me out.(Look in undersuit).

tumblr_l8ppryUlr01qa6cw5o1_500.jpg
Here's Carter in red

Im plannning to do Carter's armour (with some customization), a Black/Grey/Red colour scheme, and Emile-like decals, I.E my helmet will have a skull, and my shoulder armour will have similar decals to that of Emile.

I just made this for fun:
DSC00616.jpg

and I plant to put this:
DSC00518.jpg
on the side of my Commando shoulder

Materials: Im moslty using Cardboard, Foam Board, Hot glue, and some odd plastics ive found everywhere. Foam board costs me $1.29 Canadian for about 1m/ 45cm, Cardboard is free, and Hot Glue is 2$ for 16 sticks.

I use a X-acto knife to cut the materials, and a ruler for making straight cuts:p. The hot glue makes the Foam Board/Cardboard fuse together really great, so I dont really need much else. For Fiberglassing the armour, it would eat up the foam, so I had to create another method of strengthening the armour using Hot glue( my new best friend).

Helmet: Okay! Im going to start scratch-building it tommorow! I honestly had a idea "wtf, the helmet is the MOST IMPORTANT thing of the armour, so lets get it done." So Im making a base piece, to cover off all the parts of my head, then Im going to build, piece by tiiinnnnyyy piece to get my commando mod. so far, I have alot of estetic ideas, but im not going to share until their finalized.

Chest: I made a super crappy test piece, broke when I put it on:p :
DSC00626.jpg

(Nothing GOOD yet)

Shoulders: So for scratch buildeing my shoulders, I started with a base piece to build off of:
DSC00665.jpg

from here I built up parts, and got these:
DSC00670.jpg

Commando:
DSC00671.jpg

Scout:
DSC00672.jpg

From here, I plan to buy some cardstock to put on all the flat faces, to give it more definition for when I paint it.

Mostly to make everything I made, all I did was break down all the shapes I needed for the shoulders, and work from there. THeir not EXACT replica's, or perfect for that matter, but they are decently done for a first ever attempt at building armour.

Arms: I built a TacPad, like on carters arm, but more bulky and esteticly similar to Jorge. pics will be below

Legs: Probably going to build some simple ammo-belts on my legs, but no idea at all what im going to do for plating..

Boots: Im going to use a pair of old Airwalk's snowboarding boots I have. Ill put up a pic eventually..:p

Undersuit: Im just going simple. I have a long sleeve grey shirt, and some grey cargo pants that I can use to cover myself up in. I also got a great deal for a set of BMX protective wear-Knee pands, elbo pads, and wrist protectors for 20$ (I bought them at Honest Ed's, Toronto only).

Not sure what to use for my chest yet, but I'll find something. I also have no idea what Im going to do for my neck.

Thanks for reading, I await commentary :) Btw, this is my first REAl post, so If im missing anything, please tell me, and I'll put it in the next update. Major updates with pics are every Saturday, and random updates, well randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back