RoxyRoo's Reach Build + Undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou. ^w^
I've worn my foam shoes quite a few times and they have yet to break on me. Walking in them is great! You wouldn't think, but these are actually the most comfortable cosplay shoes I've ever had. Why? Cuz it's my sneakers ontop of 3 layers of foam! It feels like walking on my own cushion all day. XD If you make your foam shoes, just glue them REALLY WELL. Seal the inside cracks with hot glue and you should be fine.

Sup guys! Long time no see. I miss this site. I've avoided it ever since the malware appeared. I don't like malware. D=

SabotenCon was a couple weeks ago now. I wore my armor again with "a few modifications I've made." The belly plate is longer now, I fixed my neck seal so it doesn't choke me anymore, and I added my assassination knife at last! I got a professional photoshoot done with Eurobeat Kasumi. He's awesomesauce.

OH YEAH! And I used my own gun here. It's a piece of crap, but it looks ok in photos. lol

Photo tiiiiiiiime~!

314159_297690143671994_738478444_n_zps806d9336.jpg

293070_297072353733773_1873915808_n_zps08f995ee.jpg

KnifeTime_SabotenCon2012_zpsd047f216.jpg

LadyHips_SabotenCon2012_zpsc1f91ddd.jpg

462258_466402386714614_1433339954_o-1_zpsc79686b5.jpg

413829_466402453381274_13800939_o-1_zpsc15dc91b.jpg

220792_466403076714545_1155756293_o_zpsb0527325.jpg

Fix list:
-- new gloves
-- extend turtleneck to cover entire head
-- make a bigger gun
-- check armor for cracks

Pics look boss girl. :) and i think your pistol turned out really well too. Love the upgrades :)

The armor is still looking great Roxy, especially with the new improvements. :D

Loving the new shoot it really shows off how awesome this build is. I often have debates with DBmike on how girls seem to get more attention just because they are girls but you truely deserve every bit of the attention you get with this piece of art :)

looking forward to your next creation,
Tom.

P.S. I remember ages ago you saying you liked my Ironman build. Swing by the thread to see the new MK VI I have been working on (page 15).

I've loved this thread since I first saw your torso being built, but have never responded to it since I didn't have any critiquing to do, your armor is too good to find anything to critique. However, I do have one concern. I noticed that on your latest post, one of the items on your fix list was to extend the turtle neck to cover your head. May I ask why? The current setup you have conceals the neck and lower head area well enough, and is more game-accurate. When the spartans in Reach remove their helmets, they're not wearing cowls, just neck seal armor. IMO, what you already have is perfect.

In retrospect I agree with Carpathiavh99. Looking at your pics and game play suits you do have it spot on. Also through experience with my Ironman neck seal having the seal up to the helmet restricts movement and gives you neck clostraphobia ;). I need to trim mine down or after an hour or two I can see myself going mad and twitchy :p.

lol! No, no, no. XDD There's many layers of undersuit I wear. The first layer I put on is my turtle neck shirt. It's just thin black, stretchy fabric. You can see it on my elbows. (oh yeah.. that's another thing i need. Elbowguards!). Then I have my neck seal, which is the ribbed layer you can see in the pictures. I'll be extending the turtleneck to cover my head, not the ribbed neck seal. The reason I need to do it is because my hair is really long. I have to put it in a bun or braid to keep it from flying everywhere. Even so, I can't seem to keep all my hair from frizzing since I have to take off my helmet so often. In some of these pictures you can see strands of my hair coming out the back of my helmet. Not very spartan like..

@Drack:
-- I just got back to the 405th since the malware is gone. I'll go check out your build now. :D

The reason I need to do it is because my hair is really long. I have to put it in a bun or braid to keep it from flying everywhere. Even so, I can't seem to keep all my hair from frizzing since I have to take off my helmet so often. In some of these pictures you can see strands of my hair coming out the back of my helmet. Not very spartan like..

Ok, I can understand that. Better than butchering your hair.

Updates and pics look spectacular! I think the pistol works just fine, but I'm excited to see what other weapon you do :D

Oh dang finally i managed to post here. Before the crash i wasnt able to and be sure i enjoyed the topic here. I followed u a while to learn something for my next project and i appreciate ur work .

I cant describe it in words how awesome this is im puking satisfaction of seeing ur work :D
Awesome.gif

stay cool and keep up ur good work!

Oh cool. Thanks, Shadowind!

btw, I went to Anime Los Angeles with a ton of other 405th-ers. We had a blast. I kept freaking out because I LOVED finally hanging out with so many spartans!!! You guys are all so awesome. I had so much fun. I can't wait to see you all again at future cons. <33 Here is a video of our antics. Enjoy.

BTW. I have a cosplay page on Facebook for anyone who'd like to follow my work beyond that of Halo. :D --->https://www.facebook.com/RoxyRooCosplay

Last edited by a moderator:
i just watched your newest video up there roxy, that looks like fun :) maybe i should get busy building some full suit this year for next years comic con in phoenix and join in on the shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back