I am so freaking lost ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirai

Heya! Uh .... I hope I'm doing this right.

Name: Amber (MiraiBaby is my stage name, "Mirai" a shortened version of that.)
Profession: Foodservice (hey, minimum wage!)
Favorite Hobby: Drawing and robot costume building
Favorite part of halo: Campaign because I'm fighting against computers instead of humans that can easily kick my can.
Favorite Halo: 3, simply for armor design.
Favorite Video Game: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Other Interests: San Diego Comic-Con International, Transformers, Rooster Teeth, Green, Doctor Who, Disneyland
Favorite Food: Sushi!
Favorite Band: The Who
Favorite Movie(s): Kick-Ass, Rio, Tron, 9, District 9
Other: I walk in the Leukemia and Lymphoma "Light the Night" walk every year, and am currently battling Primary Bone Lymphoma

Anyway. I have come to you from a small Mecha and robot costume forum TransCostumers. I am a Transformers nuthead. I have built robot rigs for BotCon and Comic-Con in the past, but have recently realized how much I badly want Tucker's armor. And maybe an Elite's. But I don't know.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who only truly loves Halo because of Red vs. Blue. I am trying to understand the storyline and am playing through the campaigns with my brother, who's helping explain things to me as we move along (and helping defeat things for me because I die every five seconds -- Xbox and I don't really get along).

I've never done Pepakura before and have no clue where I'm going on this site (I'm trying to figure it out, but would love pointers!), but I'm willing to learn. I'd love to add a new technique to my arsenal of robot and armor-making knowledge.

I have worked with techniques like fabric over foam and fiberglass over foam for costumes in the past.

Awesome, thanks!:D

Also, Pepakura Designer is only made for Windows (D'oh). Do you have any good suggestions for programs for the Mac?

Awesome, thanks!:D

Also, Pepakura Designer is only made for Windows (D'oh). Do you have any good suggestions for programs for the Mac?

They are non existent, I'm sorry. Your best bet then is to find person who lets you instal and print it out on his computer. Or just get a cheap laptop somewhere. Since the specs arn't to high for computers.

They are non existent, I'm sorry. Your best bet then is to find person who lets you instal and print it out on his computer. Or just get a cheap laptop somewhere. Since the specs arn't to high for computers.

Aaah, go figure. Guess I'll have to force my brother to work on his. He wants a Master Chief rig anyway, so I might as well say it's for "his" costume. >_____>

Have you tried going back to the store and asking for directions?

But, that takes time and I'm already here. I figured I'd just ask total strangers in the street and maybe they could help me. We're all in this together after all, right?

But, that takes time and I'm already here. I figured I'd just ask total strangers in the street and maybe they could help me. We're all in this together after all, right?

Just dont come home without that elbow grease.

welcome, and goodluck on any future builds. btw when it comes to doin pep work (when you get that far) i say use the super control gel superglue, its much easier, (for me at least) then hot glue :p

You could also try running windows side by side with mac. Or go to a library and see if they let you print it off there.

welcome, and goodluck on any future builds. btw when it comes to doin pep work (when you get that far) i say use the super control gel superglue, its much easier, (for me at least) then hot glue :p

Haha, I was thinking hot glue since I have a bountiful amount of it, but if super glue is easier, I'll give that a whirl or two.

yo, if yer still wanting to run Pepakura viewer/designer on Mac then take a loot at this

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/overview.html

beats bootcamp imo, it has a free trial so go give it a try :)

Oh, now that sounds awesome! I'll give that a shot here too. Thanks!

No tacky glue is the best for pepakura build and if you need any help feel free to ask, I am here to help. Almost forgot Welcome to the site.

No tacky glue is the best for pepakura build and if you need any help feel free to ask, I am here to help. Almost forgot Welcome to the site.

Tacky glue. I'll keep an eye out for that one when I go shopping next. I plan in taking a stab at some Pepakura test runs tomorrow. c:

hot glue and superglue gel are the best in pep although i'm still a noob I have tried many glues (even woodglue and resin glue) but those two are the best hot glue is also cheap while superglue really is super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back