Halo Reach Emblem - "In The Works"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachrack

Jr Member
Hey guys!

This is my first time ever to post a thread on here...Its definitely very exciting for me!

Well I kind of got this obscure idea while I was in English III class thinking how I was going to do an assignment...Don't ask! I just thought that making a 3D emblem would be really neat. The way I picture it is kind of like the Halo Reach "MY PARTY" where you see the Emblem behind the player...

Anyway here is what my Halo Reach Emblem will look like:
Emblem.jpg

I am very happy with it and I don't think I'll ever change it so the work, I think, is worth it...

Here is my blueprint sheet:
Blueprint.jpg

Ya, Thats all...I just use a few lill' lines and call it a nice big word like blueprint!

I got some work done the last couple of days working on the sheets of paper and today and the cardboard frame. Here's what I got on the center column:
Working2.jpg

Layout3.jpg

Layout.jpg

I am going to work on it some more tonight and tomorrow, and I might post some progress...

Well, thanks for reading...If you did.
All of you are welcome to comment and critic any time!

love the custom pep. Pretty sweat emblem too. Gears are always a pain to dimension correctly, but you seemed to pull it off pretty nicely. Awesome work and can't wait to see it finished!!!

love the custom pep. Pretty sweat emblem too. Gears are always a pain to dimension correctly, but you seemed to pull it off pretty nicely. Awesome work and can't wait to see it finished!!!

Hey, thanks for the complement man! That really helps...

That's pretty cool, Ive been debating how to put my emblem on my armor, but 3d wouldn't work out well for me.

Yea, 3D wouldn't work for you but if you need a good place for any specific emblem reference to print out, you can go here or here. You can just print it out after you get the link and save it. Hope that helps!

Anyway, I am sorry this will not be an update. (I don't believe I have enough progress worthy of mentioning.) However I did mention, in my first post, about an English III assignment. Well, I am going to make a 3D Emblem for that class. Only, it's not the one that I am working on in the pictures. In my pics you can see me working on the big one but I haven't shown anything on the little one I am making for my English class. I will show some progress on that one next time I put an update up. BTW the little one is the same scale as the blueprint, but my big one is three times the scale. So ya, it's going to be two feet in Diameter. (Very big! Just not as big as the one in "MY PARTY" which is approx. three feet in Diameter. I don't want my mom upset about a super large heavy thing hanging on the wall!)

Hope ya'll guys don't grow bored! I'll try to update ASAP...

Such an original project! I know what you mean about being attached to your emblem; I've used the same one for like two years now. This is gonna turn out pretty sweet!

lol i have had the same emblem since the day reach came out and i am not planning on changing it xD

wow awesome idea man, it's gonna be awesome =D can't wait to see your finished 3D emblem

Wow! I’m honored.

Such an original project! I know what you mean about being attached to your emblem; I've used the same one for like two years now. This is gonna turn out pretty sweet!

Thanks man...you just helped me stay attached!

Aarrggh! It hasn't just been one week, but two entire weeks! I'm mad at myself for not getting on this more! I'll also apologize as I promised more way back...I'm sorry Guys(and Ladies!).
Well now that I'm over that I think tell you what I've managed to do. If you go up a little to my last post you may recall that I mentioned something about a mini emblem for my English class. I'm now proud to present to you the pictures!

Here ya'll go:
MiniColumn.jpg

This is the "Mini-me" of the column you see me working on a couple of posts earlier.

Here I have begun the work on the Mini Sprocket:
MiniSprocketFan.jpg

It's just to give you an idea of how I made it.

I just got started with the complicated slope with teeth in this one:
MiniSprocketSlope.jpg

And...I like the pic! (I know I have crazy long nails...they are usefull.)

Finally I got the Mini Sprocket done:
MiniSprocketFinished.jpg

If you look on the lower right you can see where I made a mistake with the paper piece...I had to fight to get it on because the rest was already glued. (And there was no way I was going to pull it all off! Besides it's going to be painted and given to my English teacher.)

YAY, the thing I think ya'll have been waiting for:
SizeComparison.jpg

Yep, yep, yep! I got the Big Brother Column done...Plus I got him sitting next to Mini-me so you can see the BIG size difference.

Well, I think that about sums it up Fella's! Again, I'm sorry I'm late.
Comments and critics are welcome...

oh yeah,
this is gonna be good!
1203689969_Meee_thumbs_up.jpg

I can only hope so! BTW I love your picture choice!

I'm sorry guys, but it seems I'm just lazy or I got waaay to much homework...So, unfortunately this is not an update. But, HEY! I did manage to get something new here on the thread! Yea! It's a pic.

I hope you enjoy:
EmblemDoodle.jpg

It's an okay doodle of what I hope my Big Brother version will look like.

I'll try to get progress as soon as I can...

Wow that is really impressive! I am looking forward to seeing this done. I can't imagine how much work you had to do just to come up with the pep pieces to even make this. Well done!

Hi, guys! I totally forgot about this website... Well not really. This website is to awesome to forget! I got to working on my emblem again. I just never posted the stuff. Note: I did quit the large emblem do to the fact that I took on something too big. (Sorry guys... My apologies.) How ever! On the lighter side of things I'm back and kicking!

Here is a small update from where I was on my previous posts:
Mini6ColumnsConstruction.jpg

I just finished the ole' paper parts and got 'em ready...

I loved how my mini seven columns turned out I just gotta show it off!
MiniEmblemComplete.jpg

MiniEmblemCoolShot.jpg

MiniEmblemDynamicView.jpg

Well anyway I thought it looked good soo...

Finally!!! I got to the resining.
CheckingMiniOut.jpg

I finished resinning the mini and was checking it out for size.

Here is another where I hung it up on the wall.
MiniEmblemResinCoolShot.jpg

So, I think I wrap it up there and say thanks for reading!

Alright. Before I close up I'll just say more will be on its way soon I just got to get those pictures loaded.

No, really. I mean it this time... Guys?

Pure awesomeness, it's always the attention to detail and 'accessories' that make it look the best.

Yea, the perfection just took a while... Thanks a lot for your support man!

IT'S FINISHED!!!

After a whole freaking year I finally got the dang thing done! My apologies to everyone who wanted to see this done a year ago. Three months ago it was the end of summer break so I got started up again after losing interest,then school started and I ended up having a lot more responsibilities than I expected so progress was delayed, etc. etc. etc.

Anyways I'm happy it's finally done and off my project list. So, I hope you all will enjoy!

Here is the good stuff. Pictures!
SprocketDoneSanding.jpg

Progress after about 3 more hours of bondoing, sanding, spot puddy, and more sanding.

I just thought this was a cool shot...
SpotPuddyd.jpg

I'd love to have some marble countertops that looked like that!

Just set them on the bed after sanding for a quick pic.
SprocketampColumnDoneSanding.jpg

When I look back on it I wish I had all three parts done at the same time...

I seriously skiped a lot, but I hope you like the primer paint job!
Primed.jpg

Sorry! I don't have any more of the painting technique pictures. However if I get any requests for a tutorial I might be able to pull a wild card...

I would show you a better image, but I don't want to completely spoil the best so I'll show these instead.
PrettyPink.jpg

PrettyRed.jpg

BrokenBad.jpg

GorillaGood.jpg

The 3rd picture was taken after I had droped my six columns. I had to fix it with gorilla glue.

And now for the best of them all! The thing that some of you have been waiting a year for... THE COMPLETED HALO REACH EMBLEM!!! (Grunts are having birthday parties in the background!)
Finished1.jpg

Finished2.jpg

Finished3.jpg

And here is my favorite one!

Finished4.jpg

I just spent a little bit of time with the effects in Windows Photo Gallery. I think it turned out great!

So if you are one of the lucky few who read the whole deal then you'll know that I'm supposed to give this to my English teacher! Tomorrow I'm going to ask her if she wants to keep it, and if not I do!

Anyway, that's about it! Enjoy, critic, ask questions... I'll be watching. ;)

Wow! Fantastic job on this! It was pretty cool to see you come up with your own idea and then shape it into existence, and that's what I love about custom propmaking. Your body work is spot on and the battle damage really adds to it. You might've just inspired me to build my own emblem, and it's nice to see a break from the standard armor builds going on. I look forward to what else you're gonna put out in the future. Keep it up!

^^Agreed^^

I followed this thread back when it started, but then it dropped off the face of the Earth and I thought it was forgotten. But then all of a sudden, BAM!, here it is finished and gorgeous! I'm definitely considering building my own emblem now (Runes with a Buzz Saw background). You've done an incredible job here! Congratulations!

It's just too bad you can't use the 7th Column emblem in Halo 4 since it's a Bungie logo (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back