New Build: Reach MP WIP (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the blank 50 cal rounds you can get at army navy stores? I gonna use those instead of pepping or scratch building the bullets

Some things are just way easier to buy then build. As for you're build you can't go wrong using Forges files there awesome, and require very little sanding/bondo. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you, so keep us posted.

OK, will be posting pictures soon, but I am having the roughest time scaling my pieces....I have read and read....but still I am missing something...I am currently on my 3rd cod piece, so hopefully once this is done it will be right and I will post some pictures.....

Don't feel bad man. I've read plenty of threads of how to scale armor and I'm always at least remaking everything twice. Hopefully after I'm finished with my first build I'll have a sixth sense of how to scale armor (not holding out much hope though!:p) Love the build, keep up the awesome work!

OK, will be posting pictures soon, but I am having the roughest time scaling my pieces....I have read and read....but still I am missing something...I am currently on my 3rd cod piece, so hopefully once this is done it will be right and I will post some pictures.....

To be honest with you on the cod I just did the default scale and removed 2 inches on the sides, that was allot easier then redoing it. Remember its paper you can add or remove what ever you need to make it fit.

well i use cardboard and it's a lot harder then you think when you only have the 3d models to work by.

OK, well here we go....UPDATES!!!

Spent the weekend resin/fiberglassing the chest piece but something is bothering me about it...I feel like there is a lot of spacefrom my chest to the front of the chest piece...take a look at the last pic of me with it on and tell me what you think...does it look too big? Hopefully not, but if it is then I will redo it if need be....let me know

img0780ko.jpg

img0781h.jpg

img0782bn.jpg

img0786ua.jpg

here is the pic im talking about....does the front stick out to much? or should I resize it?
img0787gf.jpg

I have the same problem with the gap in the front, and my chest is scaled to me perfect, i believe this is normal, and i did notice when I put my under armor on, it filled alot of the gap, so it didn't look as wide,also its hard to see if you scaled it right with a side shot, its easier to tell with a fron view, so you can see where the chest piece line up with the top of your shoulders, also another Idea would be to fill the area around your arms with eva foam, the part im talking about is included on forged reclaimers version 3 and 4 Reach chest, with that in place you sill not see the gap as bad

I dunno. It looks fine to me. The only thing I would have done different is put Resin on the outside of the chest piece and let it harden before doing the fiberglassing on the inside. But hey to each theier own. I personally would do that for added durablilty. But hey, I am only on my first build so what do I know!?

I dunno. It looks fine to me. The only thing I would have done different is put Resin on the outside of the chest piece and let it harden before doing the fiberglassing on the inside. But hey to each theier own. I personally would do that for added durablilty. But hey, I am only on my first build so what do I know!?

The entire outside was coated with resin before I fiberglassed the inside, I just put on very thin coats of the resin on the outside from fear of collapse lol

Hey about your wondering of the chest being to big; I agree with Hyper. Just put it on and look in the mirror(or ask a friend or family member to take a few pictures of you wearing it. If it compares with any referance pics you may have then you should be doing great. Oh and if you look at the SPARTAN III's in the game, for the side you'll notice the chest does stick out a bit. My guess is to provide room for the HUD hardware and mobility. SO, if you put it on roughly centering your arms through the arm holes then put a lot of padding inside you should be looking like a forming spartan! Keep it up...

Well, I have a question....

I am thinking about doing is trying all of the pieces except the helmet in foam. Even though I have completed the torso piece in pep, I may still give the torso a shot in foam. I have tested a few pieces in foam, but they have turned out pretty....bad.

The thing I have a question about is the cut angle of certain pieces for those of you that have tried or completed foam pieces, whats the best route for cutting those pieces? and also is there a guide for this...I have searched but haven't found what I have been looking for. Thanks in advance and sorry for the questions -.-

I wanted to let ya'll know I'm still here....working on other pieces, just want to get a few another done before posting any more progress pics

Updates incoming...

Hey about your wondering of the chest being to big; I agree with Hyper. Just put it on and look in the mirror(or ask a friend or family member to take a few pictures of you wearing it. If it compares with any referance pics you may have then you should be doing great. Oh and if you look at the SPARTAN III's in the game, for the side you'll notice the chest does stick out a bit. My guess is to provide room for the HUD hardware and mobility. SO, if you put it on roughly centering your arms through the arm holes then put a lot of padding inside you should be looking like a forming spartan! Keep it up...

i do that with my stuff all the time and it works out great i just wish my other two sqaud mates would swing but so i can fit their armor to them.

Progress will be made!!!!

OK! here are the three newest pieces....
img0788e.jpg

from left to right - grenadier knee, carter shoulder and emile shoulder...

I noticed after I took the picture that the knee looks warped...thankfully it's not, just the angle of how the piece was sitting and the angle of the pic.

more updates incoming...stay tuned...

ok quick question...I am going to be splitting the chest piece, to be able to put it on easier...should I do the bondo before splitting or after splitting?

As long as you have already hardend the chest, you can either split it before or after Bondo, I prefer to do the bondo work first then split it, that way when you split it apart, everything lines up and the body work matches on both pieces, just make sure that you have fiberglassed the inside before you split it apart, thats the main thing, otherwise it will be tuff to line both pieces up

As long as you have already hardend the chest, you can either split it before or after Bondo, I prefer to do the bondo work first then split it, that way when you split it apart, everything lines up and the body work matches on both pieces, just make sure that you have fiberglassed the inside before you split it apart, thats the main thing, otherwise it will be tuff to line both pieces up

Awesome, thanks for the input Hyper :D I will do it that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back