Magnet Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon Macias

Im not completely sure if this has been done before but here I go. One of the most epic moments in the Halo universe is when Master Chief puts his AR on his back and shields himself from the wraith blast (My opinion). To what I'm getting at is wouldn't it be cool to be able to do the same? Be able to store your weapon with the same ease as the Chief. What I've been thinking is of putting a magnet on the back of the armor and fitting something metal in the AR (or the weapon of choice). Any opinions will be welcomed and I will be posting my progress soon.

It's been done before...

th_MagneticSidearmAttachment_Low.jpg

(Obviously, I did it with the Magnum, but I have seen someone do it with a rifle on the back using the same method).

Im not completely sure if this has been done before but here I go. One of the most epic moments in the Halo universe is when Master Chief puts his AR on his back and shields himself from the wraith blast (My opinion). To what I'm getting at is wouldn't it be cool to be able to do the same?

Since the magnetic weapon thing has already been tested successfully, I think you should focus on generating the shield.

I have seen it done before somewhere. I believe the person simply molded some plastic in the shape and painted on the shield-y effect. I don't think it'd be that hard to do if you have the necessary materials.

Nah. I'm already working on a Spartan II armor. Its going pretty slow cause of school and work. I'm still in the gluing stage. But as soon as I complete a piece I'll post it. :3

I forgot to mention this too. The pep files i printed out are super thin. I tried making them thicker and still nothing. I wont mind printing them all over again but if they where more noticeable. I'm sure its a simple solution that I may be overlooking. Any hints on how to fix this problem?

Sorry, not the paper. I forgot to add that borders I'm supposed to cut are really thin. I can barely see the line on the card stock. And thank you JBetts, you reminded me I still need to buy fiberglass.

Sorry, not the paper. I forgot to add that borders I'm supposed to cut are really thin. I can barely see the line on the card stock. And thank you JBetts, you reminded me I still need to buy fiberglass.

Haha , your welcome man! I have not a clue how to fix the lines. Ill talk to my friend Nintendude about it (He is a pepakura GOD) and see if he can help you.

Hmm... Magnets... >:) I might do that, But what kind of store should i go to for the magnets :/?

You're going to want to use Rare Earth magnets, also known as Neodymium magnets. These are usually not sold in stores, so you'll most likely have the best luck shopping for them online.

I purchased my magnets from DealExtreme.com. They work great and are priced right, though the shipping took weeks for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back