Subscribe
  1. Hellbringer17's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Messages
    225
    Apr 9, 2015, 7:59 PM - 3D Ripper DX help #1

    Hey I just have a question that's been puzzling me for awhile. I've heard that the program 3D Ripper DX causes squishing or distortion on models you import into editing programs. Is this possible to fix? If so, how?

    Hopefully someone with better knowledge than me can help! I appreciate it!
    Last edited by Hellbringer17; Apr 9, 2015 at 8:31 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Apr 9, 2015, 8:18 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #2

    Originally Posted by Hellbringer17 View Post
    -snip-
    We don't tend to discuss the extraction processes of games due to the legal technicalities that it can bring to the forum. I'd advise editing your post, and searching Google for a response.

    That said, I think I know what brought you here.
  4. Hellbringer17's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Messages
    225
    Apr 9, 2015, 8:30 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #3

    Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
    We don't tend to discuss the extraction processes of games due to the legal technicalities that it can bring to the forum. I'd advise editing your post, and searching Google for a response.

    That said, I think I know what brought you here.
    Ok thanks! I just couldnt really find much on Google. Maybe i'm searching for the wrong thing :/ And what do you mean?
  5. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Apr 9, 2015, 8:38 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #4

    Originally Posted by Hellbringer17 View Post
    Ok thanks! I just couldnt really find much on Google. Maybe i'm searching for the wrong thing :/ And what do you mean?
    Model extraction is a legally grey area. I'd go into detail about the subject, but it's 0130AM for me and I'd rather not get into a long, drawn-out technical discussion about the intricacies of intellectual properties. Suffice it to say that companies can and will get upset for people ripping their models, and that it's best to not discuss these sorts of things in a place dedicated to costume creation.

    Not to put too fine a point on things, but you're asking the wrong questions on the wrong forum. We don't support the discussion of asset extraction here on the 405th, so - again, I'm going to ask you to edit your thread and ask a Staff member to clear it up before other people start getting the wrong idea.
  6. Hellbringer17's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Messages
    225
    Apr 9, 2015, 8:54 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #5

    No problem! Thank you for the reminder! PM sent to a staff member.
  7. Dracosfire83's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    201
    Apr 10, 2015, 10:38 AM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #6

    Originally Posted by Hellbringer17 View Post
    No problem! Thank you for the reminder! PM sent to a staff member.
    Before it is deleted you should of been sent to http://forum.xentax.com/index.php there you stand the best chance to get the help you need.
  8. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Apr 10, 2015, 3:38 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #7

    Originally Posted by Dracosfire83 View Post
    Before it is deleted you should of been sent to http://forum.xentax.com/index.php there you stand the best chance to get the help you need.
    No. The reason we don't send people off to other forums is the same reason we don't discuss asset extraction - legally grey area, and we don't want to be seen to be advocating or otherwise supporting these practises.

    I know you're only trying to help, but sometimes you need to step back and consider the forum at large.
  9. Dracosfire83's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    201
    Apr 10, 2015, 7:53 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #8

    Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
    No. The reason we don't send people off to other forums is the same reason we don't discuss asset extraction - legally grey area, and we don't want to be seen to be advocating or otherwise supporting these practices.

    I know you're only trying to help, but sometimes you need to step back and consider the forum at large.
    Will you please leave me alone Librarian. I know the rules of the forum and all the other forums run by Art. Now will you kindly get back to Ripping the models from Halo Online people are waiting for you to get done.
  10. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Apr 10, 2015, 8:25 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #9

    Originally Posted by Dracosfire83 View Post
    Will you please leave me alone Librarian. I know the rules of the forum and all the other forums run by Art. Now will you kindly get back to Ripping the models from Halo Online people are waiting for you to get done.
    I'm not sure what animosity you think exists between us, but I'm going to lay the law down here and now:

    One: I am not simply some commodity for you to gain assets from. It's highly insulting that you'd think so.
    Two: Discussing how to obtain game-ripped models is very strongly discouraged due to the legal complications it can bring. I've said this enough times now that I'm sick of it, and despite my constant instruction to the forum to keep such information away from the public, in order to protect this forum, you seem pretty happy to go against what I've instructed.

    I work for this community, I'm as much a Staff member as Art or Fangs. If I ask you to do something - particularly when it comes to assets - I expect you to listen to my advice, and not simply go ahead regardless because you don't like me. I'm not just exercising my Staff powers for the fun of it - I genuinely want to protect this forum from legal action and preserve the community. Help me by listening to me, and by keeping legally-complex discussions away from the forum.

    Now, if that's gotten through to you, I'll be waiting for my apology for the attitude, if you don't mind. I don't quite fancy being taken for granted for the work I do, particularly by you.
  11. Dracosfire83's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    201
    Apr 10, 2015, 8:40 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #10

    I only apologize when I do something wrong. I did no such thing I even asked please leave me alone your authority ends in the 405th File Archive so please stop trying to intimidate me.

    Originally Posted by Art Andrews;

    First, Arcanine and Chernobyl are the same person, just a name change. Second, she doesn't have the ability to ban anyone. Her key role is oversight of the File Archive.
  12. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Apr 10, 2015, 8:44 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #11

    Originally Posted by Dracosfire83 View Post
    I only apologize when I do something wrong. I did no such thing I even asked please leave me alone your authority ends in the 405th File Archive so please stop trying to intimidate me.
    Funny. I don't recall threatening you with any form of warn, ban or suspension.

    Regardless: I put a lot of work into this community, I'd expect a little respect for the effort instead of a toxic attitude for being told to not discuss certain topics.

    Play nice, or don't play. Simple as that.
  13. Dracosfire83's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    201
    Apr 10, 2015, 8:53 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #12

    Originally Posted by Chernobyl View Post
    Funny. I don't recall threatening you with any form of warn, ban or suspension.

    Regardless: I put a lot of work into this community, I'd expect a little respect for the effort instead of a toxic attitude for being told to not discuss certain topics.

    Play nice, or don't play. Simple as that.
    You should know I save all my PM's remember Verbal Warning 2/7/2015 1:24PM and Final verbal warning 2/11/2015 5:09PM
    So far your in second place with how many PM's with 3. 7 more and you tie for first.
  14. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Apr 11, 2015, 6:06 AM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #13

    Originally Posted by Dracosfire83 View Post
    You should know I save all my PM's remember Verbal Warning 2/7/2015 1:24PM and Final verbal warning 2/11/2015 5:09PM
    So far your in second place with how many PM's with 3. 7 more and you tie for first.
    Nice to know I'm loved. Either way: dial the attitude back. I don't appreciate being treated with such a snot-nosed temper, and doing so is a sure-fire way to get me to not contribute my time and resources to this community in the future.
  15. 405th Australian Regiment Member Alkatraz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Messages
    151
    Apr 11, 2015, 7:19 AM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #14

    Dracosfire83, you need to back off and learn some basic manners and respect, Chernobyl puts in the hours for this community and we would not have the files organized to even create our costumes without the help that the Librarians provide. At no point were you threatened and at no point were you spoken to in any manner that warranted a response as rude and caustic as that, you were simply told to remember the rules that you had clearly forgotten.
    I've seen too many people taking Chernobyl's work for granted and your bitter attitude towards someone who constantly contributes to this community is disgraceful.
    Last edited by Alkatraz; Apr 11, 2015 at 8:29 AM.
  16. Dracosfire83's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    201
    Apr 11, 2015, 10:38 AM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #15

    Originally Posted by Alkatraz View Post
    Dracosfire83, you need to back off and learn some basic manners and respect, Chernobyl puts in the hours for this community and we would not have the files organized to even create our costumes without the help that the Librarians provide. At no point were you threatened and at no point were you spoken to in any manner that warranted a response as rude and caustic as that, you were simply told to remember the rules that you had clearly forgotten.
    I've seen too many people taking Chernobyl's work for granted and your bitter attitude towards someone who constantly contributes to this community is disgraceful.
    You don't know half of what's going on since she likes to send PM's so butt out. No rules where broken and that hard work you refer to is hypocritical bs as far as I'm concerned she is guilty of violating that very rule she created and started several threads about the models she Ripped using various "illegal grey software" on games that are not available or "violating the fair use act". Do you know that Skyrim thread that is quite popular. Zombie does the same thing the but big differences is he don't act all high and mighty about it and even takes it one step further and release's his game ripped models cleaned up and unfolded.All he asks for his actual work give me credit and don't post files in my thread. Now there is a man that earned my Respect.
  17. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Messages
    355
    Blog Entries
    1
    Apr 11, 2015, 12:02 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #16

    So, maybe she did post some PMS. But who hasn't? As for as respect goes you have called her out in a public thread. So, where is the respect? I pretty sure there are rules regarding disrespect. In all genuineness, I personally don't agree with how Chernobyl words some things at times. But I DO APPRECIATE the work she has done for the community! Since you know the rules so well, lets put them to good use. Truth be told, there are flaws in all of us. And I'm definitely not coming up in this argument puffed up with pride, and or adding fuel to the fire. But, this really needs to stop. I not choosing sides. I believe there is common ground for all of us to find, to come to agreement some where. Maybe there is some truths to what Draco said, and also with Chernobyl. Treat others the way you want to be treated. With all that I've just stated, this applies to me also. Here is great example that we can all follow,1 Peter 2:21-25New International Version (NIV)

    21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.

    22 “He committed no sin,
    and no deceit was found in his mouth.”
    23 When they hurled their insults at him, he did not retaliate; when he suffered, he made no threats. Instead, he entrusted himself to him who judges justly. 24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 25 For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.

    Basically, what this telling me is who are we to file complaints, or arguments against each other. Whether we believe in him, or not. We can learn something from him. In accordance with the the Bible, this was a man who did no wrong, yet fully GOD in the flesh, he chose to come to Earth not to be served, but to serve others. Hope this helps, or makes any since. That being said, to all the 405th, much love! Thanks to all who have made contributions to the community! ( REGARDING SECTION E FOR COMMUNITY GUIDELINES IN USER CONTENT) I believe I've stated things in a polite, and respectful manner. Part beliefs, and my own opinion. My intent was never to stir up a debate/heated discussion. My intent was to use my faith, and not another "religion." Also, to provide a solution, or better way to resolve the agrument.

    If i left something out, please let me know.
    Last edited by SavedbyGraceG12; Apr 11, 2015 at 1:23 PM.
  18. Dracosfire83's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    201
    Apr 11, 2015, 12:10 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #17

    Sorry but there is a time and place for religion and politics and this is not it and I have had no use for the bible since High school. I prefer to think for myself.
  19. 405th European Regiment Member
    405th Data File Librarian
    Chernobyl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Messages
    1,771
    Blog Entries
    2
    Apr 11, 2015, 3:30 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #18

    Originally Posted by Dracosfire83 View Post
    Sorry but there is a time and place for religion and politics and this is not it and I have had no use for the bible since High school. I prefer to think for myself.
    That was unnecessarily rude and judgemental. We're not here to discuss asset ripping, and we're certainly not here to flame others for their beliefs. However, I'll sum up SBGG12's post for you in a non-theistic manner, just in case you missed the point:

    Play nice, and if you can't think of something positive to say, stuff a cake in it.

    Getting real tired of your attitude in general, not just towards me. If you claim to know the rules inside and out, then try practising what those rules ask of you and show some respect to your fellow community members. If you don't like them, ignore them - but don't incite drama with your intolerable attitude. That makes you little better than the people you're complaining about.

    Regardless of that: this thread has run its course. Requesting a lock before things melt down out of hand.
  20. Dracosfire83's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Messages
    201
    Apr 11, 2015, 8:31 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #19

    I agree it should be locked Hellbringer17 was given the necessary info that provides the best chance at a true answer.
  21. RedJak's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Messages
    203
    Apr 11, 2015, 10:14 PM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #20

    This is dumb...not the original post just the pettiness.The fact that a flame war has started is....just dumb.
  22. 405th Canadian Regiment Member
    FANGS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Messages
    462
    Apr 14, 2015, 10:21 AM - Re: 3D Ripper DX help #21

    Alright folks, time for everyone to dial things waaaay back. Everyone here deserves to be treated with respect. I have zero tolerance for anything less. The original intent of this thread is satisfied so I am locking it.

Similar Threads

  1. Fallout Ripper - Post-Apocalyptic Chainsword
    By Vrogy in forum Non-Halo Costumes and Props
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 30, 2014, 2:35 AM