Subscribe
    Ziebster's Xbox Gamertag TooManyLlamas
    Nov 28, 2014, 11:39 PM - Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #1

Howdy everyone! Just been waiting for the fifty-post limit to post this so I didn't break any rules.

As the title says, and due to the Home this thread resigns in, you can probably guess:

I'm making the Helioskrill armor!

Of course, the only resource is a 360 spin-around view, so if anyone feels up to it, you can most definitely take my file and go wild on the improvements, but I wanted to show the community what I have so far!

Helioskrill Helmet:
    Front view

Back view

Right view

Top view

And if you feel that I did not do the helmet justice, you can download it HERE

And just to cover my butt from getting sued or whatever over this, I claim no rights to this, all rights go to 343i, Microsoft, and the works. I claim ownership of this material.
    Last edited by Ziebster; Nov 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Nov 29, 2014, 12:15 AM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #2

I know there a lot of people that think this armor looks weird, But I LOVE IT! This is a great looking 3d model. I wish I had more experience myself to be able to aid you, but as far as I see, this looks pretty dang good.
  4. 405th Midwest Regiment Member NoMaybeYes's Avatar
    Nov 29, 2014, 12:41 AM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #3

Sweet helmet! I havent seen new halo 5 armors but i will definately try an unfold if i get the time.

Link is broken by the way.
    Last edited by NoMaybeYes; Nov 29, 2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Ziebster's Xbox Gamertag TooManyLlamas
    Nov 29, 2014, 4:03 PM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #4

Originally Posted by SIKAXIS View Post
    I know there a lot of people that think this armor looks weird, But I LOVE IT! This is a great looking 3d model. I wish I had more experience myself to be able to aid you, but as far as I see, this looks pretty dang good.
    Aha, thanks! I love it too, and if time allows, I plan on cosplaying in it to the Halo 5: Guardians launch!

Originally Posted by NoMaybeYes View Post
    Sweet helmet! I havent seen new halo 5 armors but i will definately try an unfold if i get the time.

Link is broken by the way.
    Alright, thanks! And the link was broken cause dumb me flipped the URL and the word "HERE" in the message, should be fixed now!

Also forgot to mention, I left a lot of details out (most noticeably the side triangle part which in the 360 spin held very detailed black sangheili artwork) just for clarity. I think that it could easily be added post-helmet pep and production to make it look a bit better, just felt the need to leave it out just in case someone wanted to customize that little spot to their heart's desires. I will probably start on the wrist armor next, fitted to a random muscle-dude I found as a 3d object somewhere in the internet. Until I have progress to be shown, I bid thee adieu!
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Jan 2, 2015, 10:59 PM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #5

Looks awesome!

Just a heads up. If you have someone on your friends list, you can spectate their games. Pause it and use the free cam to zoom around and get all the details you need. There's no way to save the film in the beta, but you can use the DVR to record a pan of the armor and take off-screen shots.
    Jan 6, 2015, 11:39 PM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #6

Looking awesome! I see lots of people sanding those curves like crazy in the near future...
  8. 405th Regiment Commanding Officer 405th European Regiment Member nintendstroid's Avatar
    nintendstroid's Xbox Gamertag nintendstroid
    Jan 7, 2015, 4:16 AM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #7

does anyone like this helmet?
    to be honest It's one of the ugliest helmets ive seen in the halo universe and it doesnt seem to fit.
    Jan 7, 2015, 4:25 AM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #8

Combined with the standard armour I think it might look a bit odd but if there is a chest piece to go with it...it might look quite cool
    Jan 7, 2015, 9:29 AM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #9

I think its kinda like hayabusa. You either like it or you don't i guess.
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Blog Entries
    Jan 7, 2015, 5:38 PM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #10

Maybe, if the duck bill on the back, and the horns on the sides wouldn't be there. I think it would be a decent helmet. Maybe those can be removed and be used as attachments to the helmet if the builder prefers them.
  12. 405th Southwest Regiment Member vidofnir234's Avatar
    Jan 31, 2015, 10:38 PM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #11

The Helioskrill armor looks to me like it was based off the Halo 5 Arbiter's armor. In recent photos and video of the armor, you can see how parts of the helmet are similar to a Sangheili's mandible armor, and how the boots mimic a Sangheili's split hoof.

By the way, I am almost done with a foam unfold of the helmet if anyone wants it
    fullmetal56's Xbox Gamertag yX FullMetal Xy
    Apr 18, 2015, 3:13 PM - Re: Halo 5: Guardians Beta Armor (Helioskrill) #12

Forgive me reviving an old thread, but I gotta say, you did an amazing job for only being able to use a 360 turn table of it. But I have to ask, did you check it to see if it would proportionally fit a person's head? I know when Vrogy did agent locke's helmet it turned out to be pretty un-proportional to an actual head and it had to be modified. But then again, all he had was pictures from the mcc videos to go off of.